Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Watching Rinsed Priebus on C-SPAN
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
Watching Rinsed Priebus on C-SPAN
Good stuff. 03-lmfao THe same crap over and over. Obam's fault, need to lower taxes(at the same time magically lowering the deficit/debt- I still have yet to figure how that works). THe people in the audience are eating it up though which says a lot about his audience-none of which is good.

Btw, he has a 6 year old kid? The man doesn't look to be older than 6 himself and his intelligence is about a 6 year olds level as well. 05-stirthepot
06-18-2011 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
RE: Watching Rinsed Priebus on C-SPAN
You really shouldn't post your ignorance on economics.
06-18-2011 02:22 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Now it is Mikey McCalister. The appparent Jesus freak from Floriduh. Communism and Muslims are taking over the country. Wow. This is the Republican leadership? Really?

Oh yeah. Paul can you please explain to me how cutting taxes is going to create more revenue than the amout we cut them? It is called more debt Paula. Thought you guys hated debt?
06-18-2011 02:28 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(06-18-2011 02:28 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Oh yeah. Paul can you please explain to me how cutting taxes is going to create more revenue than the amout we cut them? It is called more debt Paula. Thought you guys hated debt?

Quote:I still have yet to figure how that works
Your words not mine. You admit your ignorance but choose to post about something you admit ignorance on anyway.

Kennedy cut taxes and revenue went up.
Reagan cut taxes and revenue went up.

Grow the tax base, Robert. Grow the base.

Debt and deficit are functions of SPENDING, not revenue.
06-18-2011 02:41 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Ron Paul wins straw poll at nutjob leadership conference. I believe it was that former ambassador who came in second and nutcase Bachmann was third. Palin was at or near the bottom(she has a HUGE following, right? 03-lmfao ). Pizza man was 4th.
06-18-2011 02:43 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-18-2011 02:41 PM)Paul M Wrote:  
(06-18-2011 02:28 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Oh yeah. Paul can you please explain to me how cutting taxes is going to create more revenue than the amout we cut them? It is called more debt Paula. Thought you guys hated debt?

Quote:I still have yet to figure how that works
Your words not mine. You admit your ignorance but choose to post about something you admit ignorance on anyway.

Kennedy cut taxes and revenue went up.
Reagan cut taxes and revenue went up.

Grow the tax base, Robert. Grow the base.

Debt and deficit are functions of SPENDING, not revenue.
Sure, if you elimnate the loopholes. You can cut taxes and eliminate the loopholes which will cost corporations MORE money. I thought you wanted to stimulate corporate investment here?

Btw, food luck growing your way out of debt. I have seen it tried and it has failed miserably.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2011 02:49 PM by RobertN.)
06-18-2011 02:47 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

Do you want to stay on YOUR topic or wander?
06-18-2011 02:51 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-18-2011 02:51 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Do you want to stay on YOUR topic or wander?
I think I will wander a bit. :) It is fun watching you make an ass out of yourself with your idiotic economic beliefs.
06-18-2011 02:54 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(06-18-2011 02:54 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(06-18-2011 02:51 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Do you want to stay on YOUR topic or wander?
I think I will wander a bit. :) It is fun watching you make an ass out of yourself with your idiotic economic beliefs.

[Image: 129024114354441630.jpg]
06-18-2011 03:38 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Rick Perry is still on the spin campaign. Telling us all how Texass balaces\d their budget and still had reserves. He conveniently left out the part about using stimulus money(thanks to Obama) in order to not dip into the reserves.
06-18-2011 03:41 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(06-18-2011 03:41 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Rick Perry is still on the spin campaign. Telling us all how Texass balaces\d their budget and still had reserves. He conveniently left out the part about using stimulus money(thanks to Obama) in order to not dip into the reserves.

[Image: tumblr_lldtw2AN2S1qct7az.gif]
06-18-2011 03:43 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-18-2011 03:43 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(06-18-2011 03:41 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Rick Perry is still on the spin campaign. Telling us all how Texass balaces\d their budget and still had reserves. He conveniently left out the part about using stimulus money(thanks to Obama) in order to not dip into the reserves.

[Image: tumblr_lldtw2AN2S1qct7az.gif]
What is the matter SMN? Can't handle the truth? Sorry to say but your governor is just as bad as the rest when it comes to running up the debt.
06-18-2011 03:48 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Now it is George P. Bush;d turn to make the same talking points. He sounds like a good candidate for the Republicans in 2016. 03-lmfao
06-18-2011 03:58 PM
SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion
Why do stores have sales? If they cut prices, their revenues will go down....

Or maybe, it drives people to the stores, and they make more money than they would with higher prices.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2011 07:53 PM by SouthGAEagle.)
06-18-2011 07:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-18-2011 07:52 PM)SouthGAEagle Wrote:  Why do stores have sales? If they cut prices, their revenues will go down....

Or maybe, it drives people to the stores, and they make more money than they would with higher prices.
I have a little story to tell you. THere was once this retail store named "Venture". Following so far? Good. I don't want to lose you. THis store had lots of debt and was floundering. In order to try to get out of debt they decided expanding was the best option. So they did. Still with me? THey expanded into new markets by adding more stores(including the beloved Texass). Hoping this would give them some added buying power and more customers thus turning things around. They tried everything. Lowering prices and at Christmas giving every certain number of customers(think it was every 15) their purchase would be free. As time went on it was apparent that despite having less help than K-Mart and lowering their prices, their losses kept on mounting. Still following? Why was this happening I kept asking myself? Then it dawned on me. You can't grow your way out of deep debt. You can't build enough stores to grow your revenue faster than you spend it on the infrastructure needed for expansion(in this case stores) and pay off your debts.
06-18-2011 08:58 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
You also can't borrow your way out of debt.

And before you pout, I'm well aware that both sides of the political isle are guilty of this.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2011 09:16 PM by Smaug.)
06-18-2011 09:15 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-18-2011 09:15 PM)Smaug Wrote:  You also can't borrow your way out of debt.

And before you pout, I'm well aware that both sides of the political isle are guilty of this.
I am aware of this. You can't cut your way out either. Drastic cuts would kill the economy for years. You need moderate growth with some cuts over a period of time which will allow the workers who were cut to obtain a private sector job. You also need some way of increasing revenue.
06-18-2011 09:22 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(06-18-2011 08:58 PM)RobertN Wrote:  THis store had lots of debt and was floundering. In order to try to get out of debt they decided expanding was the best option. So they did. Still with me? THey expanded into new markets by adding more stores(including the beloved Texass). Hoping this would give them some added buying power and more customers thus turning things around. They tried everything. Lowering prices and at Christmas giving every certain number of customers(think it was every 15) their purchase would be free. As time went on it was apparent that despite having less help than K-Mart and lowering their prices, their losses kept on mounting. Still following? Why was this happening I kept asking myself? Then it dawned on me. You can't grow your way out of deep debt. You can't build enough stores to grow your revenue faster than you spend it on the infrastructure needed for expansion(in this case stores) and pay off your debts.

Sound just like Obama.

So you do understand. Spending is the problem not revenue. Why are you arguing?
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2011 09:31 PM by Paul M.)
06-18-2011 09:30 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-18-2011 09:30 PM)Paul M Wrote:  
(06-18-2011 08:58 PM)RobertN Wrote:  THis store had lots of debt and was floundering. In order to try to get out of debt they decided expanding was the best option. So they did. Still with me? THey expanded into new markets by adding more stores(including the beloved Texass). Hoping this would give them some added buying power and more customers thus turning things around. They tried everything. Lowering prices and at Christmas giving every certain number of customers(think it was every 15) their purchase would be free. As time went on it was apparent that despite having less help than K-Mart and lowering their prices, their losses kept on mounting. Still following? Why was this happening I kept asking myself? Then it dawned on me. You can't grow your way out of deep debt. You can't build enough stores to grow your revenue faster than you spend it on the infrastructure needed for expansion(in this case stores) and pay off your debts.

Sound just like Obama.

So you do understand. Spending is the problem not revenue. Why are you arguing?
I think you missed the point entirely. You WILL be spending in order to grow. You need roads, bridges, airports, schools, etc in order for businesses to grow and people to get to work. If businesses can't get their goods to market or have a talented enough workforce, they won't be expanding here. In order for the infrastructure to be paid for AND pay off your debt, you need to increase your revenue.
06-18-2011 09:43 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

You have 1000 people working. They pay 1000 dollar each in taxes. That's $1,000,000 in revenue. Cut taxes 5%. $950 each. Add 100 jobs. Total revenue just went up 4.5% to 1,045,000.

Not rocket science.
06-18-2011 11:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.