Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scrutinize the President, not Palin
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Scrutinize the President, not Palin
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/06/11/we...?hpt=op_t1

Amen. The media fascination w/ Palin shows that most journalists are Weekly Star calibre reporters, no matter what their pay-stubs say.

Of course you do risk RWT calling you names if you actually critique Obama.
06-13-2011 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
RE: Scrutinize the President, not Palin
But criticizing a private citizen who holds absolutely no power over anyone is so much more productive!
06-13-2011 09:14 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(06-13-2011 08:57 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/06/11/we...?hpt=op_t1

Amen. The media fascination w/ Palin shows that most journalists are Weekly Star calibre reporters, no matter what their pay-stubs say.

I will call you names for being a complete f'ing moron. Please tell me "Dr. Imbicile" when has RWT EVER called you names for that reason?
06-13-2011 11:23 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
It rings a little hollow to complain she's getting attention when just last week, there were conservatives on this very board talking about how brilliant this PR move was and celebrating how amazing the narrative was that she is creating by doing this bus tour.

Now it's a problem that people are paying attention to her? Give me a break.
06-13-2011 11:33 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(06-13-2011 11:33 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  It rings a little hollow to complain she's getting attention when just last week, there were conservatives on this very board talking about how brilliant this PR move was and celebrating how amazing the narrative was that she is creating by doing this bus tour.

Where on this very board were people talking about how brilliant Palin's bus tour was. Brilliant? You are kidding, we were enjoying the entrainment provided by the lefters to rake her over the coals for breathing. Brilliant? For What?
06-13-2011 11:38 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-13-2011 11:23 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(06-13-2011 08:57 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/06/11/we...?hpt=op_t1

I will call you names for being a complete f'ing moron. Please tell me "Dr. Imbicile" when has RWT EVER called you names for that reason?

03-lol

Fail.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2011 11:44 AM by BlazerFan11.)
06-13-2011 11:44 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-13-2011 11:44 AM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  

03-lol

Fail.
Yeah, I continually fail to spell "imbecile" incorrectly. One of these days I will get it right. I am getting the Ronald Reagan disease you know. I continually forget lots of things.
06-13-2011 12:08 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(06-13-2011 12:08 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

03-lol

Fail.
Yeah, I continually fail to spell "imbecile" incorrectly. One of these days I will get it right. I am getting the Ronald Reagan disease you know. I continually forget lots of things.

You mean you're getting democrat disease and forgot about the Constitution.
06-13-2011 12:13 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(06-13-2011 11:33 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Now it's a problem that people are paying attention to her? Give me a break.

At the expense of what a current elected official is doing? Yes, it is a problem.

Give me a break as you try to defend the media for not doing their jobs.
06-13-2011 12:15 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-13-2011 12:13 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

03-lol

Fail.

Cute but I am pretty sure I havn;t forgotten the Constitution and neither have most Democrats.
06-13-2011 12:18 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(06-13-2011 12:18 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(06-13-2011 11:23 AM)RobertN Wrote:  I will call you names for being a complete f'ing moron. Please tell me "Dr. Imbicile" when has RWT EVER called you names for that reason?

03-lol

Fail.

Cute but I am pretty sure I havn;t forgotten the Constitution and neither have most Democrats.

Ignore/forget = same thing.
06-13-2011 12:19 PM
Advertisement

HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

(06-13-2011 11:38 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  
(06-13-2011 11:33 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  It rings a little hollow to complain she's getting attention when just last week, there were conservatives on this very board talking about how brilliant this PR move was and celebrating how amazing the narrative was that she is creating by doing this bus tour.

Where on this very board were people talking about how brilliant Palin's bus tour was. Brilliant? You are kidding, we were enjoying the entrainment provided by the lefters to rake her over the coals for breathing. Brilliant? For What?

This from the thread labeled The Sarah Palin Tour.
In reference to the strategy employed by Palin's PR team through out this bus tour:
(06-01-2011 10:24 AM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Now, their frustrations are coming out because they can no longer control the narrative. Brilliant strategy by the SP team.
06-13-2011 01:03 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

Where is that Thread...... That was an off the cuff remark by MHB. and satirical at that. Hardly a conservative(s) outpouring.
06-13-2011 01:12 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-13-2011 12:18 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(06-13-2011 11:23 AM)RobertN Wrote:  I will call you names for being a complete f'ing moron. Please tell me "Dr. Imbicile" when has RWT EVER called you names for that reason?

03-lol

Fail.

Yep, it's hard to forget when they wipe their ass with it every day.
06-13-2011 01:20 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

(06-13-2011 01:12 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Where is that Thread...... That was an off the cuff remark by MHB. and satirical at that. Hardly a conservative(s) outpouring.

Sum.. there's over a page of posts from more than a couple conservatives going on about what a great thing Sarah was doing by messing with the media on this tour, and how impressive it was. Going on about how she was showing the media who is boss, and not accepting their narrative and all this other nonsense.

It's one page back in the threads. I gave you the title, it's not hard to find.

It was certainly not just one off the cuff remark.

I repeatedly asked how she was accomplishing anything positive from this tour, and was told I just "didn't get it," by multiple people. I argued all she's doing is drawing attention away from real issues, and is no different than any other TV celebrity, and then was told I just didn't understand her brilliance.

Now a week later, conservatives are telling me it's ridiculous that we are paying attention to her. Pick a complaint and stick with it folks. You can't have it both ways.

If you don't believe me:

Here's me making the same damn point Dr. Torch tried to make above.
(06-01-2011 10:25 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Post: #20
RE: The Sarah Palin Tour
What narrative can they not control? She's a television personality.. that's like suggesting Kim Kardashian is "controlling the narrative." That's laughable. What upper hand does she have? What is this strategy you speak of? What is she accomplishing?
The more attention and money she takes away from serious politicians like Tim Pawlenty, the worse off the legitimate Republicans are.

Here's one of many mosts in the thread telling me I don't understand the tour and what she's doing, and later goes so far as to say he loves the tour.:
(06-01-2011 03:12 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  OK, I let myself get sucked in again because one poster can't get his head around the idea that she is playing the media like a fiddle and they don't like it one bit.

I not only love this whole circus, but am enjoying watching those who are trying so hard to NOT see what even some of the liberal press noticed.

Here's another conservative poster who seems to clearly support what Palin is doing here (it's a very long post.. but you can get the gist of it here):
(06-01-2011 10:31 AM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  She is illustrating the irrelevance of the MSM of today. She is not granting them anything about this tour, yet they are covering it every hour of every day. She's not playing by the rules they want her to play by, yet she still gets all the coverage she wants. ..... That is what she's accomplishing.
06-13-2011 04:25 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
To: govsarah@alaska.gov

Subject: Re: Reading you emails

Dear Governor Palin:

I hate you so much, and you are so stupid. I wish you would go away forever, but I love to read you emails and discuss how much I hate you and how I am much smarter than you. You should see the funny fake emails I am writing about you but you are probably too dumb to read them because you are just so stupid and conservative and always want to deny people their rights. Please stop letting the media cover you because it makes me so mad!!!

Sincerely

Public-teat-sucking-multiculturalist-diversity-twaddle-grant-getting-purveyor of left-wing political kitsch.
06-13-2011 04:50 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline

HF84, Ok I found it, but I was paying no attention to the SP Tour. It's all circus. All I can say is that SP knows she isn't going to emerge as the primary winner. You cannot deny that the MSM is Palin batsh!t crazy. She has been and continues to be attacked mercilessly. She is a private citizen who is going around the country stirring up the MSM pot. She will continue to do whatever she can to stick it to the ones who have a hardon for her. It's like take a number and get in line. I see no problem with having it both ways. She is young and energetic and the lefters that take her on had better pack a lunch. Meanwhile, she will probably divorce Todd. He wants no part of it. All he wants is to fish and hunt Alaska, and I kind of envy him. Is the house in AZ part of the secret divorce? Chew on that.
06-13-2011 05:01 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

So now that you see the posts from your fellow conservatives.. you've decided the tour is a good thing after all, and it's a positive that she's drawing attention away from real issues like Obama's failures and legitimate candidates like Tim P?

Just making sure we're on the same page here.
06-14-2011 08:21 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Fess up. You've got a boner for the MILF.
06-14-2011 08:24 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(06-14-2011 08:21 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  So now that you see the posts from your fellow conservatives.. you've decided the tour is a good thing after all, and it's a positive that she's drawing attention away from real issues like Obama's failures and legitimate candidates like Tim P?

Just making sure we're on the same page here.

Not exactly. She is a private citizen. I could care less what she does. The only issue that she is drawing attention is that she can put a stick in the eye of the MSM because they relentlessly persecute her. The only positive thing is she is so feared by the lefters that it show their unending hypocrisy. This sucking all the air out of the room claim by the lefters is just great entrainment because SP is a likable, charismatic person and the lefters hate her so. If you ask me the A. Weiner is much more a detraction than SP.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011 09:11 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
06-14-2011 08:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.