Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rick Perry invites other 49 guvs to pray for USA
Last Thread Offline
Banned

I Root For: short threads
Rick Perry invites other 49 guvs to pray for USA
http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics/2011...le-prayer/

He wants all 50 governors to convene at Reliant Stadium in a non-political event (yeah right) and pray for the USA. I'll bet even money Joel Osteen is there leading the prayer, if it happens.

I hope he has them pray for rain too.
06-06-2011 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Rick Perry invites other 49 guvs to pray for USA
Seriously, Fort Bend Owl, you are going to create multiple handles?
06-06-2011 09:10 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Rick Perry just officially lost my vote if he runs for President. This stunt would even make Huckleberry blush.
06-06-2011 09:11 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(06-06-2011 09:10 AM)mlb Wrote:  Seriously, Fort Bend Owl, you are going to create multiple handles?

Haha, busted.
06-06-2011 09:25 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
If we end up with Governor Goodhair versus Obama, we are in a world of hurt.
06-06-2011 09:32 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
I heard the other day on CNBC Texas is really hurting for rain. Strange because Ohio didn't go three stright days in May without rain. Wettest spring on record.
06-06-2011 09:47 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Not only the prayer part, but my broke state doesn't have money to send the gubernatorial detail to Texas for a church service!
06-06-2011 09:55 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(06-06-2011 09:47 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I heard the other day on CNBC Texas is really hurting for rain. Strange because Ohio didn't go three stright days in May without rain. Wettest spring on record.
Yeah, I believe that Texas is/was on fire down in SMS' neck of the woods. They came begging the government for help and Obama told him tough ****. It was great!
06-06-2011 09:55 AM
ummechengr Offline
C'mon....really!?!?!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(06-06-2011 09:55 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 09:47 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I heard the other day on CNBC Texas is really hurting for rain. Strange because Ohio didn't go three stright days in May without rain. Wettest spring on record.
Yeah, I believe that Texas is/was on fire down in SMS' neck of the woods. They came begging the government for help and Obama told him tough ****. It was great!

You think it's great that fellow Americans have lost millions in property damage? Wow...what a guy! You're such a good liberal, always so happy to treat everyone equally and so tolerant of others.
06-06-2011 10:55 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

It's a big country Mach.
06-06-2011 11:04 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-06-2011 10:55 AM)ummechengr Wrote:  

You think it's great that fellow Americans have lost millions in property damage? Wow...what a guy! You're such a good liberal, always so happy to treat everyone equally and so tolerant of others.
No. What I said was that I though it was great that Obama told them to deal it themselves if they hate the federal government so much. If houses burned it is a shame but the residents should blame Perry not Obama for the disaster.
06-06-2011 11:11 AM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
(06-06-2011 11:11 AM)RobertN Wrote:  

No. What I said was that I though it was great that Obama told them to deal it themselves if they hate the federal government so much. If houses burned it is a shame but the residents should blame Perry not Obama for the disaster.

Really? The fires are Perry's fault. Wow, does that grey matter within your skull serve any purpose?
06-06-2011 11:13 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RobertN, you probably wouldn't hear as many complaints about the deal if the people of Texas weren't forced to pay for bailouts, floods, and hurricane damage to other areas of the United States. They have paid their share, however, therefore should get their fair share.

That being said, they got some money to help with disaster relief due to the wildfires. I don't know how much they got or how much truly was needed, however.
06-06-2011 11:17 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-06-2011 11:13 AM)GrayBeard Wrote:  

Really? The fires are Perry's fault. Wow, does that grey matter within your skull serve any purpose?
Do you guys read or did they not teach that in Bible school? I never said that the fires were his fault. I said they were his RESPONSIBILITY.
06-06-2011 11:18 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
(06-06-2011 11:18 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 09:55 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Yeah, I believe that Texas is/was on fire down in SMS' neck of the woods. They came begging the government for help and Obama told him tough ****. It was great!

Do you guys read or did they not teach that in Bible school? I never said that the fires were his fault. I said they were his RESPONSIBILITY.

You said, and I quote..."the residents should blame Perry not Obama for the disaster."

Hmm, maybe you just can't figure out how to make coherent statements. I guess they didn't teach you how to do that in 7-11 cashier training.
06-06-2011 11:21 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(06-06-2011 09:55 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Yeah, I believe that Texas is/was on fire down in SMS' neck of the woods. They came begging the government for help and Obama told him tough ****. It was great!

English, reading, comprehension is not your strong suit. Course your GED is worthless. The state money wasted on you. You said "blame Perry for the disaster." Say what you will, but you refuse to assign blame for unemployment, stimulus failure, banking reform failure, and 3 wars on the doorstep those disasters fall on. A reasonable person would shut up at this point.
06-06-2011 11:25 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-06-2011 11:21 AM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 10:55 AM)ummechengr Wrote:  You think it's great that fellow Americans have lost millions in property damage? Wow...what a guy! You're such a good liberal, always so happy to treat everyone equally and so tolerant of others.

You said, and I quote..."the residents should blame Perry not Obama for the disaster."

Hmm, maybe you just can't figure out how to make coherent statements. I guess they didn't teach you how to do that in 7-11 cashier training.
As in "disaster of all the houses that burned down".
06-06-2011 11:30 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(06-06-2011 11:04 AM)GrayBeard Wrote:  

It's a big country Mach.

Texas?

(06-06-2011 11:30 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 11:21 AM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 11:11 AM)RobertN Wrote:  No. What I said was that I though it was great that Obama told them to deal it themselves if they hate the federal government so much. If houses burned it is a shame but the residents should blame Perry not Obama for the disaster.

As in "disaster of all the houses that burned down".

Your transition into typing utter gibberish is complete. Congratulations. I've heard that given enough time and typewriters, a troop of monkeys would eventually type the complete works of Shakespeare. I hadn't really contemplated that given enough time, someone once capable of typing English would eventually be outdone by the monkeys.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2011 12:11 PM by I45owl.)
06-06-2011 12:11 PM
ummechengr Offline
C'mon....really!?!?!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

When did Texas stop paying federal taxes Bob? If they had, you would have an argument.
06-06-2011 12:22 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-06-2011 12:22 PM)ummechengr Wrote:  

When did Texas stop paying federal taxes Bob? If they had, you would have an argument.
Maybe you should tell that to the people in Joplin Missouri too since you rightwing nutcases were making an issue about giving them help.
06-06-2011 12:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.