Oh Sarah
06-03-2011 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Oh Sarah
...and Obama's American uncle helped free the prisoners at Auschwitz....who were freed by the Russians.
06-03-2011 01:34 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
...and Obama visited 57 states, with two more to go.
06-03-2011 01:34 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
...and Obama said over 10,000 people died in the Greensburg, Kansas tornado which took everyone by surprise as the entire country's population was just over 1,500.
06-03-2011 01:35 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
...and let's not forget, when you are gasping for air due to asthma, be sure to grab your breathalyzer.
06-03-2011 01:35 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
The left's unhealthy obsession with Palin continues.
06-03-2011 01:48 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
And Rebel's and SOAF's crusades are what then?

Grasping...
06-03-2011 01:54 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(06-03-2011 01:48 PM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  The left's unhealthy obsession with Palin continues.

No doubt. If they were that concerned they'd have lynched Biden years ago.

What is a valid point however is this, the GOP seems to disregard the skill of communication. Reagan was a great communicator, and look what it got him. Gingrich communicated well in '94 and look what it did for him. Christie is a brilliant communicator, and look how his status has soared.

Quayle wasn't an idiot, just a poor communicator. A few months of a theater and an improv class, and he would have been a tremendous candidate to carry on the baton.

Bush, Dole, Bush, McCain...all sub-par communicators. And 2012 doesn't look to be different. Paul is a perfect example. That's the GOP's problem; I'm curious as to why.
06-03-2011 02:11 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
(06-03-2011 01:54 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  And Rebel's and SOAF's crusades are what then?

Grasping...

Grasping?

Let's see, you post an article to mock Palin for getting history wrong. Reb posts numerous gaffes by Obama, but somehow that's grasping, when it's exactly the same thing. Double standard much.

My personal favorite is Barry's claim the '65 march in Selma resulted in his conception when he was born in '61. And that Kennedy helped get is father into the country when his father got in before Kennedy was even sworn in.

I think it's time you libs moved on from trying to mock others for their gaffes when The One whom you adore has made more than his fair share.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011 02:17 PM by Ninerfan1.)
06-03-2011 02:15 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
So this is the brilliant PR move you were raving about Milehigh?? The incredible narrative she is pushing on the media? Consider me impressed.

Said it before.. she's no different than Paris Hilton, just a TV star.. no one raves about it being a great PR move when Hilton runs away from the paparazzi. I don't know why it's impressive when Palin does it.
06-03-2011 05:59 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(06-03-2011 05:59 PM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  So this is the brilliant PR move you were raving about Milehigh?? The incredible narrative she is pushing on the media? Consider me impressed.

Said it before.. she's no different than Paris Hilton, just a TV star.. no one raves about it being a great PR move when Hilton runs away from the paparazzi. I don't know why it's impressive when Palin does it.

Sooooo, what does that make Obama?
06-03-2011 06:00 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Democrat candidates tend to be career politicians who have done little else of substance--Obama, Biden, Kerry, Gore, Frank, Dodd--their adult life has been spent in the unreal world of politics. When they've done something outside the political arena, it's been practicing law--Edwards. Performing onstage comes naturally for them, because their whole life has been a debating freak show.

Republicans tend to be more people who've actually accomplished something outside of politics--military (McCain), business (both Bushes, though both had questionable success), even acting (Reagan), to give a few examples--and Reagan was the only strong communicator.

I think background has something to do with it. I'm not sure what can or should be done about that. Another thing is that I think republicans do a poor job of developing their young talent.

Example, Sarah Palin. She ends up as a VP candidate and gets hammered because she has no foreign policy experience, since she's only been governor of a state. But that state happens to be the only one that borders two foreign countries. How hard would it have been for republicans to say, once she became governor of Alaska, "Hey, she's an up-and-coming player with potential, but she needs to plug her foreign policy gap. She's working on this gas pipeline deal with Canada. Let's find a way to get her to Ottawa for a few photo ops with the PM. That can also buttress her energy credentials, which will have to be a strong point for her. And, oh yeah, while we're at it, can't we get some sort of seal-hunting agreement going with the Russians, that she can go to Moscow for a photo-op meeting with Putin. And fly her home through Paris and let her meet Sarkozy. The way Putin and Sarkozy lust after young, good-looking women, they'll be fighting to see which one gets her to come back first." If Palin had spent 2007 running those kinds of traps, I'm guessing she'd have been perceived vastly differently in 2008.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011 08:18 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
06-03-2011 08:18 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I think Republicans aren't great communicators because they aren't used to talking to people that aren't like them. Democrat's strength is in the differences between people and trying to communicate as wide of an audience as possible. Whether you consider dems anti-business or not, they do a lot of communication with workers because they have the image of the party for the little guy. Owl has said that a lot of GOPsters come from a realm outside of politics. IMO those jobs that they had didn't make them have to win anybody lower than an investor or board member. They've only had to talk "at" people.

If Republicans want to gain points in the future, they need to gain a foothold in urban centers with people that they wouldn't usually think of, but they are stubborn.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011 10:15 PM by nomad2u2001.)
06-03-2011 10:14 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
A few of my liberal-bent friends on facebook have posted the clip, with the obligatory "OMG, she is such a [insert random ugly adjectives here]!!" follow-up comment rants by others in the thread.

I swear the vast majority of my conservative-leaning friends aren't fans of hers and don't give Sarah Palin two seconds of thought (03-yawn). But liberals get soooo worked up over her, especially female liberals (03-hissyfit).
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2011 12:25 AM by Motown Bronco.)
06-04-2011 12:22 AM
SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion
From the Massachusetts Historical Society's web site...
http://www.masshist.org/database/img-vie...pid=#page1

Paul Revere Wrote:I observed a Wood at a Small distance, & made for that.
When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back,
and orderd me to dismount;-one of them, who appeared
to have the command, examined me, where I came from,
& what my Name Was? I told him. it was Revere, he as-
ked if it was Paul? I told him yes He asked me if
I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He
demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and
aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River,
and that There would be five hundred Americans there
in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.

He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us,
when all five of them came down upon a full gallop;
one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major
Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name,
& told me he was going to ask me some questions, & if I
did not give him true answers, he would blow my
brains out. He then asked me similar questions to those
above.
06-04-2011 12:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(06-03-2011 01:35 PM)Rebel Wrote:  ...and Obama said over 10,000 people died in the Greensburg, Kansas tornado which took everyone by surprise as the entire country's population was just over 1,500.
Would that be the country of Greensburg or country of Kansas? 05-stirthepot
06-04-2011 01:45 AM
Advertisement

Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
(06-03-2011 06:00 PM)Rebel Wrote:  Sooooo, what does that make Obama?

The President of the United States. Palin sunk McCain and the '08 contest wasn't close with Obama winning by 8 million votes while garnering over 65 million votes (the most in history) If the GOP doesn't nominate Romney or Huntsman in '12 the final margin will be even larger.
06-04-2011 04:43 AM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
(06-04-2011 04:43 AM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  

The President of the United States. Palin sunk McCain and the '08 contest wasn't close with Obama winning by 8 million votes while garnering over 65 million votes (the most in history) If the GOP doesn't nominate Romney or Huntsman in '12 the final margin will be even larger.

This is devoid of reality. The financial crisis sank McCain, not Palin. He actually went ahead in the polls after naming her.
06-04-2011 09:22 AM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
(06-04-2011 09:22 AM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  

This is devoid of reality. The financial crisis sank McCain, not Palin. He actually went ahead in the polls after naming her.

Until she spoke
06-04-2011 09:56 AM
TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(06-04-2011 09:22 AM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  

I would have voted for a ticket with Palin on it had it not been the same ticket with McCain on it.
06-04-2011 09:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.