[Image: RccVQ.png]
05-29-2011 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
RE: I found a picture of RobertN
That looks nothing like me. But your "unfettered free market" crap is a fantasy. It WILL fail because the world doesn't work the way you think it works. Get out of your little hick South Carolina bubble and try living in the real world.
05-29-2011 06:15 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
South Carolina isn't the "real world"?

Interesting.
05-29-2011 06:17 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(05-29-2011 06:17 PM)Smaug Wrote:  South Carolina isn't the "real world"?

Interesting.
Nope. South Carolina isn't the "real world". Do I have to continue repeating myself?
05-29-2011 06:24 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

Please enlighten the poor unwashed. Where exactly is the "real world" then?
05-29-2011 06:27 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(05-29-2011 06:27 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Please enlighten the poor unwashed. Where exactly is the "real world" then?

He lives near Chicago. Real there is of course synonymous with high crime, high poverty, poorly run services, and corruption.
05-29-2011 06:33 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(05-29-2011 06:33 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(05-29-2011 06:27 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Please enlighten the poor unwashed. Where exactly is the "real world" then?

He lives near Chicago. Real there is of course synonymous with high crime, high poverty, poorly run services, and corruption.

Sounds charming.
05-29-2011 06:39 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I didn't know you lived in the "state of denile". Well, it explains your living in a fantasy world. In places where people are intelligent enough to know that businesses care more about the bottom dollar than the people they serve. Look throughout history. See what happens when there is no oversight. Pollution skyrockets. In the real world it is cheaper to dump their pollution and let the people clean it up rather than them paying for the cleanup because it hurts their bottom line(btw, they use bankruptcy to get out of most of the costs of cleanup putting the burden on you and me). THen there is workplace danger. It increases as there is less oversight. These are just a couple things that get worse with no oversight. The way businesses run these days, an "accident" is no big deal. They just replace the person with another from a staffing firm. When their are no more workmans comp laws it will be even cheaper for businesses.

What it all boils down to is that they are looking at their bottom line. THey will do whatever it takes to improve the bottom line. Losing a few customers to the boycott of a business is not going to make them change because it doesn't affect their bottom line as much negatively as it does doing the "wrong" thing does positively. It essentially come down to greed which you guys think is good. THe more profits the better at the expense of the greater good.
05-29-2011 07:13 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(05-29-2011 06:33 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

Yeah, SC has a low poverty rate. I am sure there is NO corruption in SC and I am sure their services are really efficient. Of course, they can do no wrong in one of the southern "Jesus states".

I will see if I can find anything more recent but in 2006, SC was #1 in violent crimes. Guess you may need to change your response there GTS?

http://www.census.gov/statab/ranks/rank21.html
05-29-2011 07:23 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Why do you hate everyone who makes your life better?
05-29-2011 07:30 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Looks like the "Jesus" state must be getting tough on crime. THey are all the way down to 4 in 2010. 04-rock

Looks like this list may be more comprehensive in the various crimes(ie not just violent. Burglary is down the list at 16(thou shalt not steal) so that probably helped in the rankings. THe residents must be taking that pretty seriously. 03-lmfao

http://www.walletpop.com/2010/04/05/most...-for-2010/
05-29-2011 07:31 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

Got to hand it to SC though, their corruption seems to be pretty low. Not like Illinois.

Sorry forgot the link.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/14/weekin...marsh.html
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2011 07:40 PM by RobertN.)
05-29-2011 07:39 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(05-29-2011 07:13 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
I didn't know you lived in the "state of denile". Well, it explains your living in a fantasy world. In places where people are intelligent enough to know that businesses care more about the bottom dollar than the people they serve. Look throughout history. See what happens when there is no oversight. Pollution skyrockets. In the real world it is cheaper to dump their pollution and let the people clean it up rather than them paying for the cleanup because it hurts their bottom line(btw, they use bankruptcy to get out of most of the costs of cleanup putting the burden on you and me). THen there is workplace danger. It increases as there is less oversight. These are just a couple things that get worse with no oversight. The way businesses run these days, an "accident" is no big deal. They just replace the person with another from a staffing firm. When their are no more workmans comp laws it will be even cheaper for businesses.

What it all boils down to is that they are looking at their bottom line. THey will do whatever it takes to improve the bottom line. Losing a few customers to the boycott of a business is not going to make them change because it doesn't affect their bottom line as much negatively as it does doing the "wrong" thing does positively. It essentially come down to greed which you guys think is good. THe more profits the better at the expense of the greater good.

"denile"?
05-29-2011 07:39 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(05-29-2011 07:39 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
(05-29-2011 07:13 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

"denile"?
Yeah, as in denile is in Egypt. Seriously, I screwed up the spelling. Will you please forgive me? I am begging you. 03-lmfao
05-29-2011 07:43 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(05-29-2011 07:43 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Yeah, as in denile is in Egypt. Seriously, I screwed up the spelling. Will you please forgive me? I am begging you. 03-lmfao

No problem. I just expect a little more out of the self-professed "smarter than you" people.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2011 07:46 PM by Smaug.)
05-29-2011 07:45 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(05-29-2011 07:45 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
(05-29-2011 07:43 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Yeah, as in denile is in Egypt. Seriously, I screwed up the spelling. Will you please forgive me? I am begging you. 03-lmfao

No problem. I just expect a little more out of the self-professed "smarter than you" people.
Never said I was smarter than you at everything-just most things. 05-stirthepot
05-29-2011 08:12 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(05-29-2011 08:12 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(05-29-2011 07:45 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

Never said I was smarter than you at everything-just most things. 05-stirthepot

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
05-29-2011 08:30 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Robert's scrapebook, from cradle to grave.....

[Image: xinsrc_142080415141929644836.jpg]

[Image: funny0472.jpg]

[Image: book3.jpg]

[Image: NMCw0.jpg]

[Image: 1967931583_b187aa7a6b.jpg]

[Image: iphoneUpskirt.jpg]

[Image: 218059.649ct1.jpg]

[Image: rdNKu.jpg]

[Image: orden10-7-10.jpg]

[Image: molesteruo8.jpg]

[Image: Goths.jpg]

[Image: 69568595.jpg]

[Image: gayest.jpg]

[Image: earring.jpg]

[Image: trailerpark.jpg]

[Image: indexqi5.jpg]

[Image: ludzie16ws5.jpg]

[Image: XvO95.jpg]

[Image: AUz1l.jpg]

[Image: ewR22.jpg]

[Image: batteredwomenpicgd9.jpg]

[Image: h9bRE.jpg]

[Image: fuckoffgr6kk2.jpg]
05-29-2011 08:32 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

03-lmfao I think. Not really sure what that post was all about. Some perverts, some gay guys, some transvestites, some white trash. Not any of them were like me but individually, I guess the pictures were funny.

Btw, where did you get the picture of the 2 NIU posters Dog Fan(right) and BleedsHuskieRed(left)? See picture #11
05-29-2011 08:49 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Btw, I am in one of these pictures from the Ohio State game but I won't say which. I look quite different now though. :)

http://www.huskiemobile.com/games/games06/osu/osu.html

None of these are me but one of these is BleedsHuskieRed(who posts here on occasion). 03-puke

http://www.huskiemobile.com/games/games0...%20040.jpg
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2011 09:13 PM by RobertN.)
05-29-2011 09:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.