Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNION THUGGERY: one of the most potent weapons in the Left's arsenal
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
UNION THUGGERY: one of the most potent weapons in the Left's arsenal
Barack Obama, Big Labor Union Bosses and other Leftists across the country have thrown down the gauntlet in an effort to cling to power at the expense of hard-working taxpayers. And their actions in Wisconsin and elsewhere make it crystal clear that they will stop at nothing to force their statist agenda on the American people...

Even if it means driving the entire United States further down the path toward complete bankruptcy.

Liberal Congressman Mike Capuano went so far as to urge a crowd of union supporters "to get out on the streets and get a little bloody."

When the new Congress that you sent to Washington last November passed legislation to cut a scant 61 billion dollars from the bloated federal budget, Obama THREATENED TO SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT. (Never mind that by Obama's own best-case-scenario estimates, the deficit this year is projected to reach a record 1.65 TRILLION dollars.)

And as Governor Scott Walker and fiscally-prudent legislators in Wisconsin try to balance their state's budget, Broccoli Obama's campaign organization (Organizing for America) and his union buddies' political machines cranked things up. Without missing a beat, they descended on Wisconsin and are now planning to take to the streets in state capitols across the nation.

Do not be deceived by their deceptive and underhanded antics... These union protests are not about fairness and equality for teachers and schoolchildren, as Barack Obama, Big Labor and the professional Left want you to believe. They are about Union bosses and the liberal political machine clinging to power...

They are about maintaining their power to advance the radical liberal agenda -- growing the size of all levels of government upon which these Union bosses and liberal special interests feed.

That's precisely why THEY'RE STRIKING BACK against common-sense fiscal reforms and the will of the American people with one of the most potent weapons in the Left's arsenal: UNION THUGGERY.

Make no mistake... The standoffs in Wisconsin and other states are not merely local battles. They are critical to the broader national fight to save our great nation from fiscal ruin. It is NO COINCIDENCE that the massive and disruptive protests started in Wisconsin IMMEDIATELY AFTER the men and women that you elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in November took a stab at restoring some fiscal sanity to Washington, D.C. As far as the Left is concerned, NO BUDGET can be balanced... Not the federal budget... Not state budgets... Not if their radical agenda is to succeed.

As Congressman Capuano indicated... some on the Left are out for blood.

Just in case you are not yet convinced that the budget battles in Wisconsin and other states don't affect you.... Just in case you're not yet convinced that those fights are crucial to the fight for the fiscal future of our entire nation...

.. Just take a look at the all-hands-on-deck campaign being undertaken by the professional Left. In addition to Obama's Organizing for America and public employee union bosses pulling out all the stops against Governor Walker:

Jeffrey Lord with the American Spectator recently reported that former DNC Chair and uber-leftist Howard Dean has "raised over $100,000 in a slush fund to 'back' the on-the-lam Wisconsin Democratic State Senators."

Jesse Jackson and the AFL-CIO's Richard Trumka have already made pilgrimages to Wisconsin. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told the press that she stands "in solidarity" with the Wisconsin agitators and Senator Dick Durbin, the second most powerful Democrat is the United States Senate, has said he is "rooting" for the protestors.

Moveon.org is sending emails out to millions of its leftist agitators calling for mass demonstrations at every state capital in the country.

The Wall Street Journal reports labor organizers are plotting more protests in "dozens of other capitals."

A number of Democrats in Indiana have followed the lead of their brethren in Wisconsin and have already fled the state "to avoid being taken into police custody and returned to Indiana."

As political commentator Dick Morris correctly explained recently, "The liberals realize Wisconsin is key for rolling out their agenda nationwide. ... Next in line are Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Missouri, New Hampshire, Maine, and Pennsylvania."

We could go on... but such an astonishing level of coordinated activity on the left is almost beyond comprehension. The left is unleashing a full-scale assault on the American way of life. The dogs of war are howling and the big guns are deployed and at the ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: SumOfAllFears@ncaabbsxx.com
Subject: Fight Obama's Union Bosses
Dear SumOfAllFears,

Over the past week, Democrats and their Big Labor Union Bosses have been subverting the democratic process, intimidating taxpayers and walking out on the job in order to secure generous taxpayer-funded benefits for themselves at a time when everyone else is cutting back.

Classrooms have been left empty and Democrat lawmakers in Wisconsin and Indiana are literally running away from their responsibilities -- fleeing their states instead of making the tough choices required to move our country forward.

Enough is enough. Now is the time to stop Barack Obama's Union Bosses and to show your support for Republicans who are standing up for the taxpayers and middle class families. SumOfAllFears, I'm counting on GOP grassroots leaders like you to help us win this fight.

The Republican National Committee has a new ad campaign that is taking the fight to the Obama Democrats and their Big Labor Union Bosses. But we need your help to spread our commonsense, conservative message of fiscal discipline to voters in every corner of the country.

Please take a moment right now to watch the RNC's new "Stop Obama's Union Bosses" video and make an emergency contribution of $20.12, $40.24, $100.60, $201.20, $1,006 or $2,012 to help us air our message far and wide.

SumOfAllFears, it's no secret Barack Obama and his Democrat allies are in the pocket of the Union Bosses who work to secure special benefits at the expense of taxpayers:

* In 2008, Unions spent over $400 million to elect Obama and other Democrats.
* In 2010, Unions spent $280 million to elect Democrats nationwide.
* In 2010, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) alone spent $87.5 million to help elect Democrats. The head of AFSCME's political operations, Larry Scanlon, said at the time, "We're the big dog."
* These Union Bosses have sent thousands of out-of-state union jack booted thugs into Wisconsin and Indiana to try and intimidate lawmakers and thwart the will of the people.

Right now, Barack Obama is busy readying the nation's first billion dollar presidential campaign. The left-wing Union leadership will once again be right behind him -- lining his pockets every step of the way.

As the only Republican organization permitted by law to provide direct financial support to our next Republican presidential nominee, the RNC must lay the early foundation now for defeating President Obama and his well-funded army of entrenched liberal special interests in 2012.

Sincerely,

Reince Priebus
Chairman, Republican National Committee
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2011 08:28 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
02-28-2011 08:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: UNION THUGGERY: one of the most potent weapons in the Left's arsenal
hmmm, and to think Scott Walker was contemplating unleashing the police on protestors... sounds a bit like a few other places in recent weeks.... heaven forbid someone protest to protect what is good for them! It's highly undemocratic!
02-28-2011 08:59 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

Compare and contrast.

Tea Party v. Union Protests

Highly hypocritical. Who said it was undemocratic? Who's the AstroTurf now liber.
02-28-2011 09:06 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-28-2011 08:59 AM)CountryRedHawk Wrote:  hmmm, and to think Scott Walker was contemplating unleashing the police on protestors... sounds a bit like a few other places in recent weeks.... heaven forbid someone protest to protect what is good for them! It's highly undemocratic!

Those leeches can't pay 5.8% of their own healthcare and retirement?
02-28-2011 09:18 AM
Quote this message in a reply
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Leeches? You think teachers and educators are LEECHES? Oh, Reb.... you do realize in most states teachers are forbidden from getting Social Security or Medicare? Expressly due to their retirement and healthcare benefits, so, what do you think they should do? I mean, is it really that hard to negotiate? And didn't the teachers already say they'd let the state dock their take-home pay? I have a problem with anyone screwing with people's healthcare and retirement. A HUGE issue with that, especially when it's about the only reason to go into a field.
Also, I never had a problem with the Tea Party protests, so don't go puttin' words in my mouth.... y'all get so touchy if a "Liberal" does it, don't play hypocrite and do it yourself. Now who's 'turf dwellin'?
02-28-2011 09:24 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Teachers in Wisconsin pay NOTHING for their retirement and healthcare. If they can't pay 5.8% because they feel some sort of entitlement, screw'em. Teachers in GA contribute 6%. They're not special and they knew the job before they applied.
02-28-2011 09:53 AM
Advertisement

CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
They knew the benefits too, so, let's go a head and cut'em. Along with their pay, hell, to save the state money, require them to drop their families off their healthcare too!
02-28-2011 10:05 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-28-2011 10:05 AM)CountryRedHawk Wrote:  They knew the benefits too, so, let's go a head and cut'em. Along with their pay, hell, to save the state money, require them to drop their families off their healthcare too!

Their pay isn't being cut. They're just being asked to do what, I don't know, MOST Americans do, contribute a fraction to their own benefits plan.

It's either that or Walker has to start layoffs. Which would you prefer? At this point, I'd have said, "f'it. No problem. I won't touch your benefits. COB this Friday I'll be sending out pink slips." ..and be done with it. Teachers would be at each other's throats when they finally figure out that many jobs could have still been had for a mere 5.8%.
02-28-2011 10:10 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(02-28-2011 09:18 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(02-28-2011 08:59 AM)CountryRedHawk Wrote:  hmmm, and to think Scott Walker was contemplating unleashing the police on protestors... sounds a bit like a few other places in recent weeks.... heaven forbid someone protest to protect what is good for them! It's highly undemocratic!

Didn't they agree to Walker's request for contribution as long as CB was not eliminated?
02-28-2011 10:17 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-28-2011 10:17 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(02-28-2011 09:18 AM)Rebel Wrote:  

Didn't they agree to Walker's request for contribution as long as CB was not eliminated?

When? BTW:

Quote:Specifically, if passed, state employee wage increases will be in conjunction with inflation such that employee pension contributions will rise to 5.8% of each employee’s salary, health insurance premiums will rise to 12.6% of their total premium, state workers could opt out of paying union dues after current contracts expire, and union dues could no longer be collected automatically.

http://www.rlc.org/2011/02/23/the-sadness-in-wisconsin/

Do you have a problem with that?
02-28-2011 10:27 AM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I know they agreed to it something about a cut in their take home pay, I think the retirement was the hang up. That and the collective bargaining.

Also, I talked to my mom, evidently teachers in Ohio have to pay STRS for their insurance after they retire,(like pay in full.) which I think sucks, since when she started teaching (a long time ago) and up until recently(I think 10 years?) the state took care of the healthcare, so it was free for retirees.
02-28-2011 10:34 AM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Ain't nothin' free.
02-28-2011 10:40 AM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
LOL, yea, sucks when she paid into it for almost 30 years, and they said, oh yea, BTW, you can't use it. Sorry....
02-28-2011 10:47 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(02-28-2011 08:59 AM)CountryRedHawk Wrote:  hmmm, and to think Scott Walker was contemplating unleashing the police on protestors

Reference?

I don't remember seeing that.
02-28-2011 11:23 AM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I stand corrected, I just read the interview, and it was infiltrating the protests to discredit them.

Also, Reb, the "leeches" already gave in and said they'd pay their pensions and healthcare, and take a pay cut. So, the only sticking point is that Scott Walker is trying to take away their right to be unionized, and have any say in their pay, and contracts at all. So, I guess you were wrong. :)
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2011 12:05 PM by CountryRedHawk.)
02-28-2011 11:52 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(02-28-2011 11:52 AM)CountryRedHawk Wrote:  I stand corrected, I just read the interview, and it was infiltrating the protests to discredit them.

Also, Reb, the "leeches" already gave in and said they'd pay their pensions and healthcare, and take a pay cut. So, the only sticking point is that Scott Walker is trying to take away their right to be unionized, and have any say in their pay, and contracts at all. So, I guess you were wrong. :)

Did you miss the part that they will retain the CB when it comes to wages. and you know federal workers are forbidden CB. They also strip the unions scheme to take union dues from every paycheck. Walker wants workers to have a choice, pay or not pay because the unions use that money to contribute to Dim-whited political candidates.
02-28-2011 12:13 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-28-2011 10:05 AM)CountryRedHawk Wrote:  They knew the benefits too, so, let's go a head and cut'em. Along with their pay, hell, to save the state money, require them to drop their families off their healthcare too!
Better yet, do what he wants. Eliminate public education! Imagine how much we would save!

Btw, how does one go about Reinceing a Priebus? Do you use water? What is a Priebus anyway? Did he mean Prius?
02-28-2011 12:45 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(02-28-2011 12:45 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
Better yet, do what he wants. Eliminate public education! Imagine how much we would save!

Btw, how does one go about Reinceing a Priebus? Do you use water? What is a Priebus anyway? Did he mean Prius?

Roberta, making fun of someone else's name, classic. Who said anything about eliminating public education? The federal gov't effectiveness in Education is questionable. Just look how you two turned out. Scary.
02-28-2011 12:51 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-28-2011 12:13 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  
(02-28-2011 11:52 AM)CountryRedHawk Wrote:  I stand corrected, I just read the interview, and it was infiltrating the protests to discredit them.

Did you miss the part that they will retain the CB when it comes to wages. and you know federal workers are forbidden CB. They also strip the unions scheme to take union dues from every paycheck. Walker wants workers to have a choice, pay or not pay because the unions use that money to contribute to Dim-whited political candidates.
Hey SOAF, I have heard they have a separate fund in which donations are made(separate from Union dues). It is not mandatory that you put money into that pot. Od course as I said, just what I have heard. Anyone in a Union out there that can confirm?
02-28-2011 12:56 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog

Walker did not want them to stop protesting. He wanted them out of the Capitol building when it was *closed*.

Dem's are a funny lot... When conservative protest they are 'angry' and 'scary'... When Libs protest they are 'fighting for their rights'.
02-28-2011 12:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.