TSA Agent beats Body Scannners with Gun in Bra
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
TSA Agent beats Body Scannners with Gun in Bra
01-lauramac2 01-wingedeagle

TSA Source: Armed Agent Slips Past DFW Body Scanner

An undercover TSA agent was able to get through security at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport with a handgun during testing of the enhanced-imaging body scanners, according to a high-ranking, inside source at the Transportation Security Administration.

The source said the undercover agent carried a pistol in her undergarments when she put the body scanners to the test. The officer successfully made it through the airport's body scanners every time she tried, the source said.

"In this case, where they had a test, and it was just a dismal failure as I'm told," said Larry Wansley, former head of security at American Airlines. "As I've heard (it), you got a problem, especially with a fire arm."

Wansley said covert testing by the TSA is commonplace -- although failing should be rare.

The TSA insider who blew the whistle on the test also said that none of the TSA agents who failed to spot the gun on the scanned image were disciplined. The source said the agents continue to work the body scanners today.

Wansley said that is a problem.

"This was only a test, but it's critically important that you do something, because if that person failed in the real environment, then you have a problem," he said.

The TSA did not deny that the tests took place or the what the results were.

TSA agents who spoke to a reporter agreed that the body-imaging scanners are effective -- but only if the officers monitoring them are paying attention.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/TS...97568.html
02-21-2011 02:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: TSA Agent beats Body Scannners with Gun in Bra
You'd have to almost imagine that TSA was already unionized, I mean, they have the work ethic nailed.
02-21-2011 03:07 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Well, that just proves they need to have more aggressive pat downs.
02-21-2011 03:08 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
What the hell, was this agent Muslim?
02-21-2011 03:12 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I know you can get some pretty small handguns, but this must have been a well endowed agent.

Do we cross A cups off the terrorist list?
02-21-2011 03:16 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(02-21-2011 03:08 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Well, that just proves they need to have more aggressive pat downs.

Cavity Search?
02-21-2011 03:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.