FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America

Monday, 14 Feb 2011 06:47 PM

By Ronald Kessler

The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent, Dr. Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, tells Newsmax.

Such an attack could be launched by foreign terrorists, lone wolves who are terrorists, or even by criminal elements, Majidi says. It would most likely employ chemical, biological, or radiological weapons rather than a nuclear device.

-------------------------------------------------

Peter King: US Can Block WMD Attack on Homeland

Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 09:09 AM

By Henry J. Reske and Ashley Martella

House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Peter King tells Newsmax.TV he is optimistic that the United States can thwart any terrorist attempt to use a weapon of mass destruction within the country.

The Long Island Republican was commenting on a Newsmax report setting the probability of such an attempted attack at 100 percent. The estimate came from Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate.

“I would say it’s at least 100 percent that it’s going to be attempted,” King agreed during a separate, exclusive Newsmax.TV interview. “Terrorists, al-Qaida in particular, Islamic terrorists, certainly they targeted the U.S. , certainly we know that they want to use a weapon of mass destruction, at the very least a dirty bomb, so no we have to be on our guard continually for it.

“I’m being optimistic to the extent that I’m saying that if we do everything we can and if we don’t tie our hands behind our back we could well be able to stop it. There’s no guarantee, the only guarantee I can give you is they will try it. But I want to do all I can to make sure it doesn’t happen. I don’t want to be overly negative right now but I am concerned.”

Read more on Newsmax.com
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011 01:32 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
02-16-2011 01:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
RE: FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack
(02-16-2011 01:27 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  

Monday, 14 Feb 2011 06:47 PM

By Ronald Kessler

The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent, Dr. Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, tells Newsmax.

Such an attack could be launched by foreign terrorists, lone wolves who are terrorists, or even by criminal elements, Majidi says. It would most likely employ chemical, biological, or radiological weapons rather than a nuclear device.

-------------------------------------------------

Peter King: US Can Block WMD Attack on Homeland

Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 09:09 AM

By Henry J. Reske and Ashley Martella

House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Peter King tells Newsmax.TV he is optimistic that the United States can thwart any terrorist attempt to use a weapon of mass destruction within the country.

The Long Island Republican was commenting on a Newsmax report setting the probability of such an attempted attack at 100 percent. The estimate came from Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate.

“I would say it’s at least 100 percent that it’s going to be attempted,” King agreed during a separate, exclusive Newsmax.TV interview. “Terrorists, al-Qaida in particular, Islamic terrorists, certainly they targeted the U.S. , certainly we know that they want to use a weapon of mass destruction, at the very least a dirty bomb, so no we have to be on our guard continually for it.

“I’m being optimistic to the extent that I’m saying that if we do everything we can and if we don’t tie our hands behind our back we could well be able to stop it. There’s no guarantee, the only guarantee I can give you is they will try it. But I want to do all I can to make sure it doesn’t happen. I don’t want to be overly negative right now but I am concerned.”

Read more on Newsmax.com

Be afraid be VERY afraid. Do you have any legit news sources? my favorite quote

“I would say it’s at least 100 percent that it’s going to be attempted,”
at least 100 percent 03-lmfao you can't make this stuff up... oh wait Newsmax just did 03-lmfao President Obama will keep you safe
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011 07:53 AM by Mr. Peanut.)
02-16-2011 07:52 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(02-16-2011 07:52 AM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  Be afraid be VERY afraid. Do you have any legit news sources? my favorite quote

at least 100 percent 03-lmfao you can't make this stuff up... oh wait Newsmax just did 03-lmfao President Obama will keep you safe

03-melodramatic He obviously meant that they would at least attempt it, but might not succeed.
02-16-2011 10:02 AM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

(02-16-2011 10:02 AM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  
(02-16-2011 07:52 AM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  Be afraid be VERY afraid. Do you have any legit news sources? my favorite quote

03-melodramatic He obviously meant that they would at least attempt it, but might not succeed.

When did they stop?
02-16-2011 10:55 AM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Is there a time frame in which this is supposed to occur?

So when it happens 500 years from now he can say he was right?
02-16-2011 11:03 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Rolleyes RE: FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack
The probability that the U.S. will be hit with an asteroid at some point is 100 percent etc etc

I refuse to live in fear any more, and damn well refuse to continue to hand away on a silver platter any more rights to a government that consistently has shown that it cannot effeciently handle security (TSA,) get intelligence correct (Curveball, Egypt) and continues to look to the middle class to fund it's foibles without question.

Count me now among the dissaffected, the disenfranchised, and the apparently voiceless.

(What's that, the governor is looking to raise my state income tax bracket to the highest in the nation, and my property taxes went up 17.7% this year? Nah, that doesn't have anything to do with this rant... )
02-16-2011 11:10 AM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

Lord Stanley is one smart cookie
02-16-2011 12:29 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
As I like to say. At some point we all might just realize that life causes death.
02-16-2011 01:59 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
[Image: file.php?2,file=28630,filename=oh-noes-e...-panic.gif]
02-16-2011 10:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niuhuskie84 Offline
All American

I Root For:
"Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate"? Speaking of waste....

Theres a 100% chance that these dudes are pulling **** out of their ass to justify their existence.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2011 05:09 PM by niuhuskie84.)
02-17-2011 05:08 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline

Is there one person who responded here who thinks we are prepared for a WMD attack. Read between the lines. Our leaders have a survival plan. We don't, sheeples die ignorant.
02-17-2011 06:31 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
If all you guys think there's no danger of anything happening then why are we still being groped at airports? WMDs, crashed planes, same thing in my book.
02-17-2011 06:42 PM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

(02-17-2011 06:31 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Is there one person who responded here who thinks we are prepared for a WMD attack. Read between the lines. Our leaders have a survival plan. We don't, sheeples die ignorant.

How can you be "prepared for a WMD attack" and have a free society? We can and should attempt to secure our borders (surely that's possible) but the Patriot Act is a menace to freedom already
02-17-2011 10:09 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline

You sport board boys should know, the best defense is a good offense
02-17-2011 11:51 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Too bad this isn't sports.
02-18-2011 09:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.