02-12-2011 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: The R[evol]ution sweeps 1st, 3rd, and 4th at CPAC
LOL @ Faux spinning spinning SPINNING right after their results.
02-12-2011 09:33 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
GTS, what do you think is the long-term significance of the CPAC straw-poll, in terms of the 2012 Election?
02-12-2011 09:34 PM

(02-12-2011 09:34 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  GTS, what do you think is the long-term significance of the CPAC straw-poll, in terms of the 2012 Election?

Well, it use to be a source of media hype for months and months. Lots of free PR in the news. But apparently if you have been pre-marginalized by the media such as Ron Paul has, it only serves to prevent your opponents from enjoying that.
02-12-2011 09:36 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(02-12-2011 09:36 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Well, it used to be a source of media hype for months and months. Lots of free PR in the news.
Really? I must have missed that. I think, looking back on it, that Romney won the CPAC poll in February 2007 (the equivalent point of the last campaign), and I'm sure he got some juice out of it, but he still lagged in the polls for most of that year, behind Giuliani, Huckabee, Fred Thompson, and even McCain in most polls.
02-12-2011 09:47 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
(02-12-2011 09:47 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Really? I must have missed that.

Me too. Only Ronald Reagan and GWB have won CPAC and then gone on to get the nomination.

Past winners include such notables as Jack Kemp, Phil Gramm, Steve Forbes, Gary Bauer, Rudy, George Allen, Mitt 3 straight years and of course Paul. The streak will of course continue cause Paul won't sniff the nomination. I predict he'll do worse in the primary states next year than he did last time he ran.
02-12-2011 09:57 PM
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Romney is just another McCain. He can't win.
02-12-2011 10:08 PM

(02-12-2011 09:47 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Really? I must have missed that. I think, looking back on it, that Romney won the CPAC poll in February 2007 (the equivalent point of the last campaign), and I'm sure he got some juice out of it, but he still lagged in the polls for most of that year, behind Giuliani, Huckabee, Fred Thompson, and even McCain in most polls.

All I said was it offered a media and PR boost for quite some time as it comes during a relatively quiet campaign period. Unless of course the media has taken the time to pre-marginalize you.

You may have noticed in that clip Faux spent nearly as much time discrediting and downplaying the results as they did reporting them.
02-12-2011 11:00 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I agree Fox/Murdoch-based media is very hostile to Ron Paul.
02-12-2011 11:20 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Spin would be not reporting he polls well among his supporters.
02-13-2011 07:37 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

Hummm... Ron Paul says it's not a national poll and has no significance. Guess he's spinning.
02-13-2011 09:39 AM
Advertisement

(02-13-2011 09:39 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Hummm... Ron Paul says it's not a national poll and has no significance. Guess he's spinning.

That would be modesty.

Which is quite different from the lack of integrity displayed by Faux.

To paraphrase Faux: "Ron Paul won CPAC again ... this is non-scientific and a ton of Ron Paul supporters showed up ... it doesn't mean much. But OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Romney came in second wow great job by Romney look at his organization already Megyn Kelly said she wants to blow him."
02-13-2011 02:08 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
Why are Ron Paul supporters such cry babies?

How many times is this guy going to run and fail? Why not admit his time has past and be a team player. He has a chance to throw his support behind someone who can actually win and help the party, but he won't do that.
02-13-2011 02:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Paul M Offline
American-American

(02-13-2011 02:08 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(02-13-2011 09:39 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Hummm... Ron Paul says it's not a national poll and has no significance. Guess he's spinning.

That would be modesty.

Which is quite different from the lack of integrity displayed by Faux.

To paraphrase Faux: "Ron Paul won CPAC again ... this is non-scientific and a ton of Ron Paul supporters showed up ... it doesn't mean much. But OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Romney came in second wow great job by Romney look at his organization already Megyn Kelly said she wants to blow him."

I'm not sure what you want FOX to say. They reported he won. You want a full stop at that point. That wouldn't be the full story. Polling RP supporters get good numbers for him and broadly polling Americans doesn't. Romney leads in most polls. That saddens me. There are many I would rather see get the nomination, including Paul, but I don't expect FOX to play down Romney on my account.
02-13-2011 03:39 PM

(02-13-2011 02:49 PM)blah Wrote:  How many times is this guy going to run and fail? Why not admit his time has past and be a team player. He has a chance to throw his support behind someone who can actually win and help the party, but he won't do that.

This shows how far away you are from getting it. Ron Paul doesn't endorse people because Faux has already ordained them to be "first tier". He endorses people for what they stand for. If you don't care what people stand for then fine -- you're just part of the problem, not the solution.
02-13-2011 03:46 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(02-13-2011 03:46 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(02-13-2011 02:49 PM)blah Wrote:  How many times is this guy going to run and fail? Why not admit his time has past and be a team player. He has a chance to throw his support behind someone who can actually win and help the party, but he won't do that.

This shows how far away you are from getting it. Ron Paul doesn't endorse people because Faux has already ordained them to be "first tier". He endorses people for what they stand for. If you don't care what people stand for then fine -- you're just part of the problem, not the solution.

Yeah because letting Obama get elected worked out so well for the country.

I didn't say he had to support the front-runner. I said he should support someone else (and I don't mean Ralph Nader). Someone who could actually win, because everyone in here except you seems to understand that Ron Paul is not electable unless of course it is an online poll.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2011 07:31 PM by blah.)
02-13-2011 07:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(02-13-2011 07:30 PM)blah Wrote:  

I didn't say he had to support the front-runner. I said he should support someone else (and I don't mean Ralph Nader). Someone who could actually win, because everyone in here except you seems to understand that Ron Paul is not electable unless of course it is an online poll.

Ron Paul is a different type of politician. He pretty much refuses to endorse someone because they are the lesser of the two evils. He might have an R beside his name but he doesn't play it like they're his team.
02-13-2011 09:26 PM

(02-13-2011 07:30 PM)blah Wrote:  Yeah because letting Obama get elected worked out so well for the country.

Obama was only possible because of Dubya, who, might I add, was "highly electable", "mainstream", and took "uncontroversial positions". See how that worked out for ya?
02-13-2011 09:37 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(02-13-2011 09:26 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

Ron Paul is a different type of politician. He pretty much refuses to endorse someone because they are the lesser of the two evils. He might have an R beside his name but he doesn't play it like they're his team.

+1

He's a real man, with his own mind. Not a lemming like most of you on this board. 05-stirthepot
02-14-2011 09:46 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-14-2011 09:46 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(02-13-2011 09:26 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

+1

He's a real man, with his own mind. Not a lemming like most of you on this board. 05-stirthepot

Says the person that voted for an idiot who is 100% completely opposite of Paul.
02-14-2011 09:52 AM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.