Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Palin's interview with CBN
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Palin's interview with CBN
http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archiv...-file.aspx

Well the media will probably pick up on her criticism of Obama's reaction to the Egpyt crisis. I think based on the transcript that picking up on the 3 am call to the answering machine sound byte is a bit unfair to Palin.

But her answer to what she would do if she were President should be enough to clearly demonstrate why she has no chance of being considered a serious candidate.

Quote:Sarah Palin: “I would continue on the same course of not really caring what other people say about me or worrying about the things that they make up, but having that thick skin and a steel spine, knowing that what is needed in America are those things that Ronald Reagan did espouse and what he lived and not worrying about what the critics are going to say about me or my family or what it is that I stand for because I do believe, David, that there are more commonsense conservative Americans on our side on the issues that we stand for than there are those who oppose the idea of individualism and God given liberty and opportunity to work hard and to progress according to our own work ethic and our own merits. I would continue to believe that there are more who are believers in those values than there are not, so I would continue down that same path.”
02-06-2011 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Palin's interview with CBN
Obama has made statements, more times than I count, that are so much more idiotic than the above.
I don't think Palin can secure the Republican nomination, I would not vote for her in a primary.
She can be very good fundraiser though.
02-06-2011 02:16 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-06-2011 02:16 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Obama has made statements, more times than I count, that are so much more idiotic than the above.
I don't think Palin can secure the Republican nomination, I would not vote for her in a primary.

I would not vote for her in a primary.
If it ends up Palin v. Obama, I will vote libertarian (or some other third party) or stay home.
If I were forced to vote Palin or vote Obama, I would vote Palin.
In the end, I think she's less dangerous than he is.
02-06-2011 04:16 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-06-2011 02:16 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Obama has made statements, more times than I count, that are so .

So has Biden and he's a sitting VP.

(02-06-2011 02:16 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  I don't think Palin can secure the Republican nomination, I would not vote for her in a primary.

Agree.
02-06-2011 07:38 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-06-2011 04:16 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(02-06-2011 02:16 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Obama has made statements, more times than I count, that are so much more idiotic than the above.

If it ends up Palin v. Obama, I will vote libertarian (or some other third party) or stay home.

She does have a track record for governing, and none of it is dangerous. I'm thinking your mission of trying to remain "unbiased" and centrist is becoming a bit extreme. Any time someone talks about something Obama has done, you always have to throw in the "Shrub" moniker as to say, "See guys? I'm not a rightie, I'm talking about a Republican as well".

It's a bit unbecoming. You honestly think leftists give a fk what you, or any conservative says. ....and you're wasting your time.
02-06-2011 10:02 PM
Quote this message in a reply
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(02-06-2011 04:16 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

I agree with your first 2 sentences. Man, I just don't know if i could bring myself to ever vote for Palin. She might have to be running against Satan himself and even then I would pause for a moment. She cannot become president. I just hope the repubs get their **** together enough to nominate someone who is ready and able to be president. We havent had a president like that in this century. I keep hearing people say that Palin is not ready to be President. That is completely wrong. She is not able to handle that office, and she never will be.
02-06-2011 10:42 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(02-06-2011 10:42 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  I just hope the repubs get their **** together enough to nominate someone who is ready and able to be president. We havent had a president like that in this century.
I know he didn't actually become president, but I am wondering: Did you think McCain was "ready and able to be president" in 2008? If yes, I would ask if you voted for him. And if not, I would ask who you think is ready and able.
02-06-2011 10:50 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(02-06-2011 09:47 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archiv...-file.aspx

Well the media will probably pick up on her criticism of Obama's reaction to the Egpyt crisis. I think based on the transcript that picking up on the 3 am call to the answering machine sound byte is a bit unfair to Palin.

But her answer to what she would do if she were President should be enough to clearly demonstrate why she has no chance of being considered a serious candidate.

Quote:Sarah Palin: “I would continue on the same course of not really caring what other people say about me or worrying about the things that they make up, but having that thick skin and a steel spine, knowing that what is needed in America are those things that Ronald Reagan did espouse and what he lived and not worrying about what the critics are going to say about me or my family or what it is that I stand for because I do believe, David, that there are more commonsense conservative Americans on our side on the issues that we stand for than there are those who oppose the idea of individualism and God given liberty and opportunity to work hard and to progress according to our own work ethic and our own merits. I would continue to believe that there are more who are believers in those values than there are not, so I would continue down that same path.”

I have to disagree with you on one thing. 160 words and she said absolutely nothing. The only thing more presidential would be if she used those 160 words to answer a question that wasn't asked (i.e. one made up by her handlers). At least "presidential" going by the recent history of office holders.
02-07-2011 09:11 AM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
I'm still of the opinion she's not going to run. She'll keep the "buzz" alive cause it makes her money and keeps her name in the news. But in the end I think she elects not to run and maintains her role as the one to keep those who are "honest."
02-07-2011 09:14 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(02-07-2011 09:14 AM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  I'm still of the opinion she's not going to run. She'll keep the "buzz" alive cause it makes her money and keeps her name in the news. But in the end I think she elects not to run and maintains her role as the one to keep those who are "honest."
She has surprised me before, but for now I think this is the most likely scenario.
02-07-2011 09:15 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(02-07-2011 09:15 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(02-07-2011 09:14 AM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  I'm still of the opinion she's not going to run. She'll keep the "buzz" alive cause it makes her money and keeps her name in the news. But in the end I think she elects not to run and maintains her role as the one to keep those who are "honest."
She has surprised me before, but for now I think this is the most likely scenario.

I hope you guys are right.
02-07-2011 09:26 AM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-07-2011 09:11 AM)I45owl Wrote:  I have to disagree with you on one thing. 160 words and she said absolutely nothing.

I recall obama giving a rambling 17 minute answer to a question about taxes. Does he get a free pass?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010...d-res.html
02-07-2011 11:53 PM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Honestly, all I could think of was Miss Teen South Carolina while I read that response. 03-lmfao
02-08-2011 03:21 AM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(02-06-2011 10:50 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(02-06-2011 10:42 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  I just hope the repubs get their **** together enough to nominate someone who is ready and able to be president. We havent had a president like that in this century.
I know he didn't actually become president, but I am wondering: Did you think McCain was "ready and able to be president" in 2008? If yes, I would ask if you voted for him. And if not, I would ask who you think is ready and able.

Sorry for the delay in my answer. I've been busy at work.

McCain----ready? Yes. Able? No. I think his pick of Sarah Palin(including the little vetting that was done on her) and his decision to shut down his campaign after the Sept 17th meltdown showed me that his decision making was at the highest level.

No, I didnt vote for McCain. I voted for Bob Barr.
02-10-2011 08:52 PM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
Must See TV Rimshot
02-11-2011 06:46 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-10-2011 08:52 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

McCain----ready? Yes. Able? No. I think his pick of Sarah Palin(including the little vetting that was done on her) and his decision to shut down his campaign after the Sept 17th meltdown showed me that his decision making was at the highest level.

Talk about her all you want, but Palin was more qualified than Obama. Period. Obama was the most inexperienced person on the Democratic primary ticket. He won due to ONE thing. ONE little factor. Care to admit it?
02-11-2011 08:19 AM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
I think he won because most people didn't want another Lewinsky drama part Deux.
02-11-2011 10:44 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(02-11-2011 08:19 AM)Rebel Wrote:  

Talk about her all you want, but Palin was more qualified than Obama. Period. Obama was the most inexperienced person on the Democratic primary ticket. He won due to ONE thing. ONE little factor. Care to admit it?

Qualified for what? 05-stirthepot
You want the world to end, elect Palin. LOL
02-11-2011 10:46 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-11-2011 10:46 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  

Says the person that voted for a guy just because he's black.
02-11-2011 10:50 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(02-11-2011 10:50 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(02-11-2011 10:46 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(02-06-2011 10:50 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  I know he didn't actually become president, but I am wondering: Did you think McCain was "ready and able to be president" in 2008? If yes, I would ask if you voted for him. And if not, I would ask who you think is ready and able.

Says the person that voted for a guy just because he's black.

No, Ron Paul wasn't avaliable, and you guys gave me this clown. Lesser of two evils. 05-stirthepot
02-11-2011 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.