Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

5 Star Tony Mitchell (SF) Enrolling at UNT
Bookmark and Share
Gakusei Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
5 Star Tony Mitchell (SF) Enrolling at UNT
http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archiv...n-pro.html

Tony Mitchell, a five star recruit ranked #12 nationally by Rivals for the 2010 class and #2 SF, is in the process of enrolling at North Texas.
01-26-2011 10:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

RE: 5 Star Tony Mitchell (SF) Enrolling at UNT
Aaaaand boom goes the dynamite.
01-26-2011 10:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Source -- Tony Mitchell in process of enrolling at UNT
9:23 AM Wed, Jan 26, 2011
Brett Vito

Here's the gem I promised. Tony Mitchell, a former Dallas Pinkston standout who was rated 12th in the Class of 2010 by Rivals.com, is in the process of trying to enroll at UNT, a source close to the situation said Wednesday.

Mitchell will be one of the top players ever to sign with the Mean Green if everything works out.

Mitchell will be on campus today, according to the source.

Mitchell was The Dallas Morning News' All-Area MVP following the 2010-11 season and was recruited heavily by UNT before he signed with Missouri. Mitchell was never admitted to the school and now appears very likely to end up with the Mean Green.

The only potential stag at this point is whether Mitchell will get into UNT.

Mitchell transferred to Dallas Pinkston, where his eligibility status came into question.

Mitchell played his senior season and developed into one of the most highly regarded players in the country.

Nicholas Smith, Mitchell's coach at Dallas Pinkston, declined to confirm that Mitchell was in the process of enrolling at UNT, but said he would issue a statement on Mitchell and his future today.

UNT has advanced to two of the last four NCAA tournaments and is 16-4 this season heading into a game at Louisiana-Lafayette on Thursday.

UNT will lose five key seniors from its roster this season, including two of the top 10 scorers in school history in Josh White and Tristan Thompson. The addition of Mitchell to a highly regarded 2011 signing class could help the Mean Green reload quickly.

UNT signed Jordan Williams, who is rated No. 108 nationally in the Class of 2011 by Rivals.com, and heads a five-man class rated N0. 31 nationally by HoopScoopOnline.com.

TONY MITCHELL
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/...hell-84314
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2011 11:23 AM by MG61.)
01-26-2011 11:19 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(01-26-2011 11:19 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Source -- Tony Mitchell in process of enrolling at UNT
9:23 AM Wed, Jan 26, 2011
Brett Vito

Here's the gem I promised. Tony Mitchell, a former Dallas Pinkston standout who was rated 12th in the Class of 2010 by Rivals.com, is in the process of trying to enroll at UNT, a source close to the situation said Wednesday.

Mitchell will be one of the top players ever to sign with the Mean Green if everything works out.

Mitchell will be on campus today, according to the source.

Mitchell was The Dallas Morning News' All-Area MVP following the 2010-11 season and was recruited heavily by UNT before he signed with Missouri. Mitchell was never admitted to the school and now appears very likely to end up with the Mean Green.

The only potential stag at this point is whether Mitchell will get into UNT.

Mitchell transferred to Dallas Pinkston, where his eligibility status came into question.

Mitchell played his senior season and developed into one of the most highly regarded players in the country.

Nicholas Smith, Mitchell's coach at Dallas Pinkston, declined to confirm that Mitchell was in the process of enrolling at UNT, but said he would issue a statement on Mitchell and his future today.

UNT has advanced to two of the last four NCAA tournaments and is 16-4 this season heading into a game at Louisiana-Lafayette on Thursday.

UNT will lose five key seniors from its roster this season, including two of the top 10 scorers in school history in Josh White and Tristan Thompson. The addition of Mitchell to a highly regarded 2011 signing class could help the Mean Green reload quickly.

UNT signed Jordan Williams, who is rated No. 108 nationally in the Class of 2011 by Rivals.com, and heads a five-man class rated N0. 31 nationally by HoopScoopOnline.com.

TONY MITCHELL
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/...hell-84314

And here was I thinking this guy was a Safety (SF) for football.
01-26-2011 11:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Awesome news for UNT!
01-26-2011 01:50 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
We need all SBC hoops to start recruiting better. This is a step in the right direction.

Tired of being in the bottom half of the nation. No excuse for that, and MT's been one of the problems.
01-26-2011 01:59 PM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Still more information on Mitchell (he's enrolled)
3:00 PM Wed, Jan 26, 2011
Brett Vito

Nicholas Smith, the head coach at Pinkston, was nice enough to give me a ring this afternoon.

Here are a few other pertinent tidbits about Tony Mitchell and his future at UNT.

Mitchell and Smith were on campus when they called. Mitchell is now enrolled at UNT and will be eligible in mid-December. He has to pass 24 hours of classes before that point. He has the spring semester and all summer to get there.

Mitchell considered UNT and UTEP. He chose UNT largely because of the relationship he already had with Johnny Jones and his staff. Mitchell strongly considered UNT before he signed with Missouri.

Smith said Mitchell clearly has NBA-level talent. It will be up to him to take advantage of it.

The recruiting class UNT has in place also played a role in Mitchell's decision. The idea of playing with another player ranked in the top 150 in his class in Jordan Williams and three other guys ranked among the top 70 players in the state in Forrest Robinson, Trey Norris and Chris Jones was an attractive one.

DRC MEAN GREEN BLOG
http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archiv...-mitc.html
01-26-2011 04:29 PM
adub4ever Offline
Bench Warmer

looks like with Tony Mitchell and Jordan Williams will both be on board next year.... UNT could look to surpass WKU's run to the sweet 16
01-26-2011 05:45 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

(01-26-2011 05:45 PM)adub4ever Wrote:  looks like with Tony Mitchell and Jordan Williams will both be on board next year.... UNT could look to surpass WKU's run to the sweet 16

01-26-2011 06:10 PM
TexasWarhawkBrother Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM,FSU,UNC
So Since he's a 2010 Graduate of Pinkston then what was he doing the 1st semester since he wasn't enrolled at Mizzou. ???? I know the kid can play hell he's 6'8'' and a SF (Small Forward) which is a 3 for all you non hoops guys. I know i've heard good and bad about this kid especially with his hs eligibility being questioned. A few years ago Pinkston had a good gaurd by the name of Damarious "Shug" Jones was recruited heavily i think but ended up @ Kilgore College (D1 Juco in Region 14 East TX) haven't heard since if he went anywhere after that and i think at the same time they had a big 6'10'' 300lbs. C there at Pinkston as well by the name of Andre Jackson went to USM-University of Southern Mississippi apparently things didn't workout there so he enrolled in a juco guess where (Region 14) @ Lee College. Region 14 East TX has been referred to as one of the top juco leagues in the country if not the best one in the country talent wise. Pretty much it's like the Big East of Juco Ball. Any of you ULL hoops followers remember a 6'9'' kid from Senegal West Africa by the name of Khadi Khadim via TVCC (Trinity Valley Community College). Region 14 and Region 6 which is Kansas along with Region 8 i believe which is the Florida Juco ranks are the top 3 in the country for juco ball. The only 2 NBA Talents i can recall from the sun belt are WKU's Courtney Lee i think he's with NJ now and FIU's Carlos Arroyo of the Miami Heat.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2011 06:49 PM by TexasWarhawkBrother.)
01-26-2011 06:45 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(01-26-2011 05:45 PM)adub4ever Wrote:  looks like with Tony Mitchell and Jordan Williams will both be on board next year.... UNT could look to surpass WKU's run to the sweet 16

'feelin you' on that one amigo.

but how in the hell-0 did a unt fan end up with the name of adub4evah????

it would be like a wku fan callin' himself 'melovesouthall'

do you not remember the game that a-dub had in the pit one time???
01-26-2011 08:44 PM
Advertisement

adub4ever Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-26-2011 08:44 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

sorry bro but what are you talking about? adub is my nickname i live in denton and have been a UNT fan since i was a lil boy.... WKU is no longer the clear top bball team in the SBC... look out for the mean green in 2011
01-26-2011 08:50 PM
adub4ever Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-26-2011 06:45 PM)TexasWarhawkBrother Wrote:  So Since he's a 2010 Graduate of Pinkston then what was he doing the 1st semester since he wasn't enrolled at Mizzou. ???? I know the kid can play hell he's 6'8'' and a SF (Small Forward) which is a 3 for all you non hoops guys. I know i've heard good and bad about this kid especially with his hs eligibility being questioned. A few years ago Pinkston had a good gaurd by the name of Damarious "Shug" Jones was recruited heavily i think but ended up @ Kilgore College (D1 Juco in Region 14 East TX) haven't heard since if he went anywhere after that and i think at the same time they had a big 6'10'' 300lbs. C there at Pinkston as well by the name of Andre Jackson went to USM-University of Southern Mississippi apparently things didn't workout there so he enrolled in a juco guess where (Region 14) @ Lee College. Region 14 East TX has been referred to as one of the top juco leagues in the country if not the best one in the country talent wise. Pretty much it's like the Big East of Juco Ball. Any of you ULL hoops followers remember a 6'9'' kid from Senegal West Africa by the name of Khadi Khadim via TVCC (Trinity Valley Community College). Region 14 and Region 6 which is Kansas along with Region 8 i believe which is the Florida Juco ranks are the top 3 in the country for juco ball. The only 2 NBA Talents i can recall from the sun belt are WKU's Courtney Lee i think he's with NJ now and FIU's Carlos Arroyo of the Miami Heat.
raja bell went to fiu
01-26-2011 08:51 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(01-26-2011 08:50 PM)adub4ever Wrote:  

sorry bro but what are you talking about? adub is my nickname i live in denton and have been a UNT fan since i was a lil boy.... WKU is no longer the clear top bball team in the SBC... look out for the mean green in 2011

sorry brah but i'm talking about the only a-dub that ever mattered in re sun belt basketball. get el griega to 'splain it. i'm sure he knows exactly who the real a-dub is.

wku is the clear cut bottom of this conference. you have 'no worries' from the commonwealth to knock the mean green off their perch.
01-26-2011 09:09 PM
Special Teams

(01-26-2011 08:51 PM)adub4ever Wrote:  
(01-26-2011 06:45 PM)TexasWarhawkBrother Wrote:  So Since he's a 2010 Graduate of Pinkston then what was he doing the 1st semester since he wasn't enrolled at Mizzou. ???? I know the kid can play hell he's 6'8'' and a SF (Small Forward) which is a 3 for all you non hoops guys. I know i've heard good and bad about this kid especially with his hs eligibility being questioned. A few years ago Pinkston had a good gaurd by the name of Damarious "Shug" Jones was recruited heavily i think but ended up @ Kilgore College (D1 Juco in Region 14 East TX) haven't heard since if he went anywhere after that and i think at the same time they had a big 6'10'' 300lbs. C there at Pinkston as well by the name of Andre Jackson went to USM-University of Southern Mississippi apparently things didn't workout there so he enrolled in a juco guess where (Region 14) @ Lee College. Region 14 East TX has been referred to as one of the top juco leagues in the country if not the best one in the country talent wise. Pretty much it's like the Big East of Juco Ball. Any of you ULL hoops followers remember a 6'9'' kid from Senegal West Africa by the name of Khadi Khadim via TVCC (Trinity Valley Community College). Region 14 and Region 6 which is Kansas along with Region 8 i believe which is the Florida Juco ranks are the top 3 in the country for juco ball. The only 2 NBA Talents i can recall from the sun belt are WKU's Courtney Lee i think he's with NJ now and FIU's Carlos Arroyo of the Miami Heat.
raja bell went to fiu

That's right he trasnferred to FIU after a sophomore slump and getting into it with coach Dennis Wolffe from Boston University. I knew he was from Miami. Originally from St.Croix,US Virgin Islands.

According to ESPN Mitchell is not eligible by the NCAA reading this link below....
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6062048
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2011 10:02 PM by TexasWarhawkBrother.)
01-26-2011 09:35 PM
stebo Offline
2nd String

I wonder if he is immediately on scholarship or paying his own way...?
01-26-2011 09:59 PM
Advertisement

Special Teams

(01-26-2011 09:59 PM)stebo Wrote:  I wonder if he is immediately on scholarship or paying his own way...?

well it says in the article he can't be on scholarship he can recieve financial aid as needed but i'm assuming he's paying his own way.
01-26-2011 10:11 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

(01-26-2011 09:09 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(01-26-2011 08:50 PM)adub4ever Wrote:  

sorry brah but i'm talking about the only a-dub that ever mattered in re sun belt basketball. get el griega to 'splain it. i'm sure he knows exactly who the real a-dub is.

wku is the clear cut bottom of this conference. you have 'no worries' from the commonwealth to knock the mean green off their perch.

Western fans tend to leave out the "f'ing" syllable in Anthony Winchester's nickname. a-F'ING-dub is how he's known elsewhere in the league.
01-26-2011 10:54 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

Also, Winchester isn't well remembered by NT fans (outside of the diehards) because men's basketball was only invented in 2006-07.
01-26-2011 10:57 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(01-26-2011 10:57 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  Also, Winchester isn't well remembered by NT fans (outside of the diehards) because men's basketball was only invented in 2006-07.

that would 'splain adubnewb not unnastanning who is who.

oh, btw....

[Image: Well-played-sir-well-played.jpg?imageSiz...-played-op]
01-27-2011 09:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.