Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What about Lafayette?
Bookmark and Share
troyw Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy
What about Lafayette?
What's going on over there? How could anyone, let alone two coaching candidates, turn down the opportunity to move the center of the universe?

Time to regroup Cajuns...you ain't all that!01-wingedeagle
12-22-2010 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Shof Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cajuns
RE: What about Lafayette?
(12-22-2010 08:23 AM)troyw Wrote:  What's going on over there? How could anyone, let alone two coaching candidates, turn down the opportunity to move the center of the universe?

Win some, lose some. Congrats on keeping your OC. At least it cost you some $$$. 03-yawn
12-22-2010 09:12 AM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(12-22-2010 08:23 AM)troyw Wrote:  What's going on over there? How could anyone, let alone two coaching candidates, turn down the opportunity to move the center of the universe?

Jerry Springer called.

He wants his smack back. 03-lmfao

If we never asked, we'd have never forced Troy to open its wallet.
12-22-2010 09:36 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

My guess would be the initial statement was directed towards all the guarantee, its a done deal, KE has coached his last game at Troy and is already busy hiring coaches. And we all know who made those statements.
12-22-2010 09:45 AM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-22-2010 09:45 AM)Hemi Man Wrote:  My guess would be the initial statement was directed towards all the guarantee, its a done deal, KE has coached his last game at Troy and is already busy hiring coaches. And we all know who made those statements.

who?
12-22-2010 09:48 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(12-22-2010 09:48 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(12-22-2010 09:45 AM)Hemi Man Wrote:  My guess would be the initial statement was directed towards all the guarantee, its a done deal, KE has coached his last game at Troy and is already busy hiring coaches. And we all know who made those statements.

who?

Cajun T would be my guess.
12-22-2010 09:53 AM
Advertisement

troyw Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

who?

The one guy who "knew" KE was coming to Lafayette.
12-22-2010 09:55 AM
troyw Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-22-2010 09:36 AM)AstroCajun Wrote:  

Jerry Springer called.

I'm glad this is all the Cajun fans have to hang on to. Congrats on making us up the pay...not sure why you consider that a victory.
12-22-2010 09:57 AM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(12-22-2010 09:57 AM)troyw Wrote:  

Jerry Springer called.

I'm glad this is all the Cajun fans have to hang on to. Congrats on making us up the pay...not sure why you consider that a victory.

Geeze, this is a business... shame on us for going after Edenfield... dont be upset that he actually entertained the offer...be ecstatic that he stayed in Troy. Good luck, Merry Christmas and thanks for a very entertaining NO Bowl!!

Suck it, Ohio!!

Z
12-22-2010 10:06 AM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(12-22-2010 09:53 AM)Hemi Man Wrote:  

who?

Cajun T would be my guess.

Oh him... He's a sweetheart, just like me!! :)
12-22-2010 10:07 AM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Curious........not a flame......just questions.......:odie:

How many assistants have been hired by the Cajuns new coach thus far ? OC - DC ? When is the staff projected to be complete ?
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 10:15 AM by MG61.)
12-22-2010 10:15 AM
Advertisement

AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-22-2010 09:57 AM)troyw Wrote:  

Jerry Springer called.

Because everything is about Troy.

We targeted KE because he was the mind behind your explosive offense. If we score him, we weaken you.

If we don't (as was the case) we've forced you to pay him what his is worth, that money's got to come from somewhere, right?

Either way we weaken you.

How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Now for the truth.

Hud and KE are good friends and he's entitled try to hire people he knows, trusts and likes - regardless of who that person may work for.

We'll move on. Good luck.
12-22-2010 10:17 AM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(12-22-2010 09:55 AM)troyw Wrote:  

who?

And did he not come to Lafayette? Yep, and Blakeney got off his duff and paid the guy the money he deserved. It's a shame Edenfield had to play the game just to get paid. As Zee stated, football is a business and the cost of winning will continue to escalate. So while your pumping your chest, remember that you are part of the same circle jerk group on the Troy board that thought it would never have come to what happened yesterday. Congrates on keeping a quality coach.
12-22-2010 10:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(12-22-2010 10:15 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Curious........not a flame......just questions.......:odie:

How many assistants have been hired by the Cajuns new coach thus far ? OC - DC ? When is the staff projected to be complete ?

That so unlike you :) If its not a flame it doesnt deserve and answer!!

Actually, T can answer that...

Z
12-22-2010 10:33 AM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(12-22-2010 10:33 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(12-22-2010 10:15 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Curious........not a flame......just questions.......:odie:

That so unlike you :) If its not a flame it doesnt deserve and answer!!

Actually, T can answer that...

Z

What can I say Z, I'm curious04-bow Also wondering about Arkansas State. New staff at UNT is complete even though one has not been officially announced.
12-22-2010 10:41 AM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

This is the latest:

Head Coach--Mark Hudspeth
Defensive Coordinator--Greg Stewart
Special Teams/Recruiting Coordinator--Reed Stringer
Defensive Line--Marcus Lovings
Tim Rebowe--Safeties
Troy Wingerter--Director of Football Operations
12-22-2010 10:44 AM
Advertisement

troyw Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-22-2010 10:24 AM)CajunT Wrote:  

who?

And did he not come to Lafayette? Yep, and Blakeney got off his duff and paid the guy the money he deserved. It's a shame Edenfield had to play the game just to get paid. As Zee stated, football is a business and the cost of winning will continue to escalate. So while your pumping your chest, remember that you are part of the same circle jerk group on the Troy board that thought it would never have come to what happened yesterday. Congrates on keeping a quality coach.

Jerk group? This coming from a guy that claims there is no way KE would choose Troy over Lafayette b/c Troy has nothing to offer. You are funny!
12-22-2010 10:55 AM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(12-22-2010 10:55 AM)troyw Wrote:  
(12-22-2010 10:24 AM)CajunT Wrote:  

who?

Jerk group? This coming from a guy that claims there is no way KE would choose Troy over Lafayette b/c Troy has nothing to offer. You are funny!

The Troy community or Troy football program? Two entirely different matters, and yes I think Troy is closer to Ruston then it will ever be to Lafayette. Troy and Ruston have a very similar profile, ask anyone that has ever traveled there from Louisiana. I stand by that statement all day long, thanks.04-rock
12-22-2010 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-22-2010 10:44 AM)AstroCajun Wrote:  

This is the latest:

Tim Rebowe--Safeties

Yeah you guys are ahead of us here. ASU made our head coach hold off on all hirings and firings of staff until the First of the year because we're too cheap to pay a buyout to all the assistants on their contracts

As it is the only thing we know is that the entire offensive staff is staying on, and the entire defensive staff is being let go at the end of the Month.

So we have the following positions to fill

Offensive Coordinator/QB coach
Defensive Coordinator
Defensive Backs coach
Linebackers Coach
Defensive Line coach
12-22-2010 11:17 AM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-22-2010 11:17 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(12-22-2010 10:44 AM)AstroCajun Wrote:  

This is the latest:

Tim Rebowe--Safeties

Yeah you guys are ahead of us here. ASU made our head coach hold off on all hirings and firings of staff until the First of the year because we're too cheap to pay a buyout to all the assistants on their contracts

As it is the only thing we know is that the entire offensive staff is staying on, and the entire defensive staff is being let go at the end of the Month.

So we have the following positions to fill

Offensive Coordinator/QB coach
Defensive Coordinator
Defensive Backs coach
Linebackers Coach
Defensive Line coach

Thanks for the info and good luck.

My understanding is that Hud's going to have his OC have some say on the positions coaches, so that's why we don't have much word on that side of the ball.
12-22-2010 11:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.