Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2010 actual football attendance numbers
Bookmark and Share
cmadler Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
2010 actual football attendance numbers
Got 'em. 2009 actual numbers are also there.
12-19-2010 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: 2010 actual football attendance numbers
(12-19-2010 01:50 PM)cmadler Wrote:  Got 'em. 2009 actual numbers are also there.

Actually a few bright spots in these numbers (Guess I'm still being the board optimist).

1). With the exception of the NIU game (which really should be ignored, period), attendance was pretty stable and better then other years.

2). Student attendance for the first three games was not bad.

3). One caveat: two home games were vs. CMU and UT who bring some fans as does Army. We'll have CMU and UT at home again in '12.

If EMU has a 6 - 6 season (not an '11 prediction, just a for instance) how about these numbers:

3), 10K+ butts in seats for games in Sept. and Oct.

4). Including 4K students for the same games.

The marketing seems quite strong. Just need a 2 game win streak (kind of like the Lions are on) to perk some interest.

I agree with CMadler's analysis completely (the analysis included with the charts).
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2010 09:41 PM by emu steve.)
12-19-2010 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
(12-19-2010 09:36 PM)emu steve Wrote:  The marketing seems quite strong. Just need a 2 game win streak (kind of like the Lions are on) to perk some interest.

i agree about the marketing. they seem to be doing a better job. there's definitely more visibility regarding the teams in the ypsi/aa area.

i thought i read a small note somewhere a few months ago that the company doing our marketing is not going to be back next year. is that in any way true, or am i imagining things?
12-20-2010 11:45 AM
KPJ Offline
1st String

(12-20-2010 11:45 AM)EMUAARON Wrote:  
(12-19-2010 09:36 PM)emu steve Wrote:  The marketing seems quite strong. Just need a 2 game win streak (kind of like the Lions are on) to perk some interest.

i agree about the marketing. they seem to be doing a better job. there's definitely more visibility regarding the teams in the ypsi/aa area.

i thought i read a small note somewhere a few months ago that the company doing our marketing is not going to be back next year. is that in any way true, or am i imagining things?

Most of the marketing is done in house.
12-20-2010 01:26 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
I appreciate your work on this but one point --- you need to state where exactly these numbers came from. It is not self-evident in your piece. Are they from the EMU athletic department? I am assuming so. Maybe you said it and I missed it?
12-20-2010 01:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cmadler Offline
Special Teams

(12-20-2010 01:42 PM)HuronDave Wrote:  I appreciate your work on this but one point --- you need to state where exactly these numbers came from. It is not self-evident in your piece. Are they from the EMU athletic department? I am assuming so. Maybe you said it and I missed it?

Sorry, I mentioned it in prior posts on 12/17 and 12/18, but not in that post.

The numbers came from a presentation from the EMU athletic department to the Board of Regents (specifically to the Athletic Affairs Committee), at their meeting last Thursday.
12-20-2010 01:56 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
Thanks - Like I said, good work!
12-20-2010 07:39 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
I know its probably been posted here somewhere, but what does our home schedule look like next year?

I know we have Howard and I thought we had Louisana-Monroe but I thought that might have been cancelled?
12-27-2010 02:11 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(12-27-2010 02:11 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I know its probably been posted here somewhere, but what does our home schedule look like next year?

I know we have Howard and I thought we had Louisana-Monroe but I thought that might have been cancelled?

I believe you are correct.

Howard, yes.

Louisiana Tech, no (apparently cancelled).

@ UofM and PSU.

Home conference would be:

Ball State, WMU, + 2 eastern teams.

I really hope we can get back to back home games (winnable) to start the season. 04-cheers

Conference road games: UT, CMU and NIU and one Eastern team.
12-27-2010 04:24 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

BTW, here is the '12 schedule (pretty well baked).

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/mid-a...hedule.php

Maybe open with a I-AA, then a MAC game, then at Purdue and MSU with Army at home in mid-October.

Add CMU, UT, and NIU at home and this is a very nice schedule. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2010 04:53 PM by emu steve.)
12-27-2010 04:43 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Thanks.
12-28-2010 09:17 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(12-20-2010 01:56 PM)cmadler Wrote:  
(12-20-2010 01:42 PM)HuronDave Wrote:  I appreciate your work on this but one point --- you need to state where exactly these numbers came from. It is not self-evident in your piece. Are they from the EMU athletic department? I am assuming so. Maybe you said it and I missed it?

Sorry, I mentioned it in prior posts on 12/17 and 12/18, but not in that post.

The numbers came from a presentation from the EMU athletic department to the Board of Regents (specifically to the Athletic Affairs Committee), at their meeting last Thursday.

I was at the UT game- if there were only 7,000 in attendance I was seeing double.
12-30-2010 01:19 PM
EagleOne Offline
Water Engineer

(12-19-2010 09:36 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(12-19-2010 01:50 PM)cmadler Wrote:  Got 'em. 2009 actual numbers are also there.

Actually a few bright spots in these numbers (Guess I'm still being the board optimist).

1). With the exception of the NIU game (which really should be ignored, period), attendance was pretty stable and better then other years.

3). One caveat: two home games were vs. CMU and UT who bring some fans as does Army. We'll have CMU and UT at home again in '12.

If EMU has a 6 - 6 season (not an '11 prediction, just a for instance) how about these numbers:

The marketing seems quite strong. Just need a 2 game win streak (kind of like the Lions are on) to perk some interest.

I agree with CMadler's analysis completely (the analysis included with the charts).

Beware these numbers include tickets that were purchased through sponsorship and given away to schools and charities. If you reference the previous post on the website you will see this. I am not sure how this attendance bump will equate when there is no need to meet NCAA requirements in 2011. It would also be interesting to compare the marketing budget of 2010 vs that of 2009 to see the value spent per fan.
01-06-2011 04:59 PM
Advertisement

Eagles2008 Offline
2nd String

Did you see the crowd at the GoDaddy game?! It's not just EMU that is challenged...the MAC is challenged, but with the bowl games won by MAC teams this year hopefully we'll see more support next year.
01-07-2011 01:37 AM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
(01-07-2011 01:37 AM)Eagles2008 Wrote:  Did you see the crowd at the GoDaddy game?! It's not just EMU that is challenged...the MAC is challenged, but with the bowl games won by MAC teams this year hopefully we'll see more support next year.

The crowd was solid at the bowl game. Attendance was 38k ... as in every year though in Mobile the locals leave at halftime and by the 2nd half of the game the stadium looks empty.
01-07-2011 02:14 PM
cmadler Offline
Special Teams

(01-07-2011 02:14 PM)HuronDave Wrote:  
(01-07-2011 01:37 AM)Eagles2008 Wrote:  Did you see the crowd at the GoDaddy game?! It's not just EMU that is challenged...the MAC is challenged, but with the bowl games won by MAC teams this year hopefully we'll see more support next year.

The crowd was solid at the bowl game. Attendance was 38k ... as in every year though in Mobile the locals leave at halftime and by the 2nd half of the game the stadium looks empty.

38k would actually be the highest reported attendance in at least the last few years. Recent years have generally ranged from 32k to 36k.
01-07-2011 02:23 PM
cmadler Offline
Special Teams

(01-06-2011 04:59 PM)EagleOne Wrote:  
(12-19-2010 09:36 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

Beware these numbers include tickets that were purchased through sponsorship and given away to schools and charities. If you reference the previous post on the website you will see this. I am not sure how this attendance bump will equate when there is no need to meet NCAA requirements in 2011. It would also be interesting to compare the marketing budget of 2010 vs that of 2009 to see the value spent per fan.

I really don't think very many of the giveaway tickets got used.
01-07-2011 02:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.