MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
UNT woes continue - QB Dodge has broken wrist
DRC Mean Green Blog

Riley has a broken wrist
11:31 AM Mon, Oct 04, 2010
Brett Vito

UNT just found out this morning that Riley Dodge has a broken wrist on his non-throwing arm. Todd Dodge talked about the injury on the conference call.

Riley will see a doctor today. That will determine his status for the rest of the season.

Dodge was injured during the Mean Green's loss to Louisiana-Lafayette. His arm started to swell after the game and continued to get worse on Sunday.

UNT's team doctors decided to take a closer look at his arm this morning and took X-rays and an MRI. They confirmed what UNT suspected, that Riley's arm is broken.

Basically, it comes down to if doctors decide to put a screw in his wrist or just put a cast on it. If Riley has surgery, that will likely put him out for at least this week, possibly longer. If UNT can just put a cast on his wrist, then he might be able to play.

It seems likely that UNT will have to turn to its fourth-string quarterback in Chase Baine.

Dodge said that UNT won't change its offense if it has to go to Baine.

John Dodson will slide into the backup role. Dodge said he made that determination based on the amount of experience Dodson has picked up in practcice.
10-04-2010 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
RE: UNT woes continue - QB Dodge has broken wrist
(10-04-2010 12:52 PM)MG61 Wrote:  DRC Mean Green Blog

Riley has a broken wrist
11:31 AM Mon, Oct 04, 2010
Brett Vito

UNT just found out this morning that Riley Dodge has a broken wrist on his non-throwing arm. Todd Dodge talked about the injury on the conference call.

Riley will see a doctor today. That will determine his status for the rest of the season.

Dodge was injured during the Mean Green's loss to Louisiana-Lafayette. His arm started to swell after the game and continued to get worse on Sunday.

UNT's team doctors decided to take a closer look at his arm this morning and took X-rays and an MRI. They confirmed what UNT suspected, that Riley's arm is broken.

Basically, it comes down to if doctors decide to put a screw in his wrist or just put a cast on it. If Riley has surgery, that will likely put him out for at least this week, possibly longer. If UNT can just put a cast on his wrist, then he might be able to play.

It seems likely that UNT will have to turn to its fourth-string quarterback in Chase Baine.

Dodge said that UNT won't change its offense if it has to go to Baine.

John Dodson will slide into the backup role. Dodge said he made that determination based on the amount of experience Dodson has picked up in practcice.

WOW. I knew our defense gave him a heck of a beating, but that's amazing.

That kid was all guts and determination that night. I don't think there was a single player on either side of the field that played with as much heart as he did.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2010 01:07 PM by AstroCajun.)
10-04-2010 01:07 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
You guys are just freaking Snakebit.

And you still kicked my teams arse.
10-04-2010 01:15 PM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

UNT's #4 quarterback - Chase Baine

Chase Baine
http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArtic...EASON=2010
10-04-2010 02:32 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
The mean green FB team must have really ticked off the man upstairs or someone did some serious praying to get rid of Dodge by whatever means! I hope the kid heals quickly.
10-04-2010 05:04 PM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

(10-04-2010 05:04 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  The mean green FB team must have really ticked off the man upstairs or someone did some serious praying to get rid of Dodge by whatever means! I hope the kid heals quickly.

You can also add starting WR Tyler Stradford and RB James Hamilton to the ever growing Mean Green injury list.

Stradford will be out a couple of games after a freak injury. He was eluding a loose pit bull at his apartment complex by leaping over a fence and landing on a lawn chair. His chest was pierced by a piece of pipe, but missed the rib and didn't hit any vital organs.

Hamilton the #2 RB that gained over 100 yards vs FAU injured a foot, possibly breaking a bone, early in the ULL game.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2010 05:27 PM by MG61.)
10-04-2010 05:26 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-04-2010 05:26 PM)MG61 Wrote:  
(10-04-2010 05:04 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  The mean green FB team must have really ticked off the man upstairs or someone did some serious praying to get rid of Dodge by whatever means! I hope the kid heals quickly.

You can also add starting WR Tyler Stradford and RB James Hamilton to the ever growing Mean Green injury list.

Stradford will be out a couple of games after a freak injury. He was eluding a loose pit bull at his apartment complex by leaping over a fence and landing on a lawn chair. His chest was pierced by a piece of pipe, but missed the rib and didn't hit any vital organs.

Hamilton the #2 RB that gained over 100 yards vs FAU injured a foot, possibly breaking a bone, early in the ULL game.

wow who is left to play qb
10-04-2010 08:57 PM
Advertisement

thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(10-04-2010 08:57 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  

Two walk-ons. And an otherwise lightly recruited true freshman who was moved to WR as soon as he hit campus, though I think he's a little banged up, too.
10-04-2010 10:01 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Riley Dodge is a ridiculously tough player. How many times has he had to play through an injury during his entire career? I hope things get better for UNT
10-04-2010 10:23 PM
Advertisement

Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-04-2010 08:57 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  

Do you have any eligibility left?? We're desparate!
10-04-2010 10:35 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I wouldnt worry. UNT plays ASU next. we dont have a blitz in our entire defensive playbook. The 4th string QB will throw for at least 300 yards and 4 touchdowns
10-05-2010 06:10 PM
BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-05-2010 06:10 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I wouldnt worry. UNT plays ASU next. we dont have a blitz in our entire defensive playbook. The 4th string QB will throw for at least 300 yards and 4 touchdowns

Riley Dodge is one tough cookie. I have a tremendous amount of respect for that kid.

He played Saturday with a broken wrist and a shoulder made out of cooked pasta. He got hit seventeen times by the Cajuns defense. And he kept making plays.

Leadership wise and toughness wise he reminds me of Michael Desormeaux.

I can't pay him a higher compliment than that.
10-06-2010 07:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.