Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Invitation to join WAC likely for Montana
Bookmark and Share
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Invitation to join WAC likely for Montana
O'Day (UM's AD) said he watched four schools give presentations to league officials as basketball-only members: Texas-San Antonio, Texas State-San Marcos, Seattle University and the University of Denver.

He wasn't asked to give a presentation.

"I think it was a mutual arrangement to kind of explore whether the University of Montana might be interested in membership in the WAC," said Benson.

O'Day told Grizzly boosters and repeated to the Missoulian last week there is little doubt an invitation will come UM's way.

http://missoulian.com/college/griz/artic...002e0.html
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2010 09:23 AM by ManzanoWolf.)
09-29-2010 09:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
RE: Invitation to join WAC likely for Montana
Basketball only for Denver?

Dont they have to sponsor the minimum number of sports that the 'Belt plays by 2012 in order to stay in the confrence?

I cant imagine that the 'Belt would allow them to keep thier other teams here if Basketball left.
09-29-2010 09:27 AM
theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(09-29-2010 09:27 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  Basketball only for Denver?

Dont they have to sponsor the minimum number of sports that the 'Belt plays by 2012 in order to stay in the confrence?

I cant imagine that the 'Belt would allow them to keep thier other teams here if Basketball left.

Basketball only, doesn't mean they'll just play basketball. They mean non-football member.
09-29-2010 09:32 AM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(09-29-2010 09:32 AM)theboro Wrote:  
(09-29-2010 09:27 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  Basketball only for Denver?

Basketball only, doesn't mean they'll just play basketball. They mean non-football member.

I think you're right, but what an obtuse mistake to make. Football and basketball are the heavyweights, but there are more sports played in college than those two.
09-29-2010 09:38 AM
Advertisement

OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(09-29-2010 09:32 AM)theboro Wrote:  Basketball only, doesn't mean they'll just play basketball. They mean non-football member.

Got ya.

Poorly worded on that front IMHO by them.
09-29-2010 09:52 AM
TopperTorpedo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU
If Denver goes, does that help basketball RPI?
09-29-2010 02:27 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(09-29-2010 02:27 PM)TopperTorpedo Wrote:  If Denver goes, does that help basketball RPI?

Denver has been good in basketball, but they played some pretty weak schedules. Hard for me to say if it will hurt or not. On another note, with New Orleans being gone, they won't be dragging the down the RPI.
09-29-2010 05:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.