Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MTSU center Stuart likely out for season
Bookmark and Share
TU94 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy Trojans
MTSU center Stuart likely out for season
http://www.dnj.com/article/20100921/BLUE...for+season

MTSU junior center Alex Stuart is likely out for the season after undergoing knee surgery Friday.

Stuart, a former Oak Ridge High standout, missed the first three games after suffering a knee injury in preseason practice.

"Alex is definitely out this week because he had surgery on Friday," MTSU coach Rick Stockstill said. "I don't want to say yet (if it's a season-ending injury) because I want to find out for sure first. But right now I think there's a better chance that he's out for the year than there is that he's out for only two or three games."

Stuart is a true junior, so he can redshirt this season if he does not return. Junior Colin Boss has played center the first three games. Boss' position in Saturday's Sun Belt Conference opener at Louisiana-Lafayette depends on the injury status of other linemen because Boss can also play guard.

Guard Brandon McLeroy and tackle Mark Fisher are currently out for Saturday's game. Both will be re-evaluated later.

Fisher underwent an MRI on his injured knee from last week's loss at Memphis, but results were not yet available Monday afternoon. McLeroy will be re-evaluated today to determine his status after sitting out the Memphis game with multiple injuries.

Senior guard Evon Lettsome got his first career start at right guard last week at Memphis, but he was later replaced by redshirt freshman Josh Walker. Redshirt freshman Jadareius Hamlin took Fisher's spot at right tackle against Memphis.

Fisher, a former Mr. Football finalist at Goodpasture, has played a team-high 40 career games and started 38 times in his career (30 consecutive starts).

MTSU entered fall camp with perhaps the most talented offensive line of Stockstill's five seasons, but the starting five have yet to be on the field together. MTSU still leads the Sun Belt in rushing at 189 yards per game and ranks second nationally with only one sack allowed in three games.

ULL, meanwhile, will get most of its injured players back for Saturday's game after healing during a bye week.

Linebacker Grant Fleming (broken hand), cornerback La'Marcus Gibson (shoulder), cornerback Dwight Bentley (ankle) and offensive guard Jaron Odom (ankle/foot) have all been cleared to return from injuries for Saturday's game.

ULL coach Rickey Bustle said running back Kevis Streeter's status has not yet been determined. Streeter left last week's game with a hamstring injury. He leads ULL with 81 rushing yards and one TD on six carries.

ULL defensive end Bernard Smith, a former West Virginia signee, is suspended indefinitely for practice misconduct, and he is expected to miss Saturday's game. Bustle said he would meet with Smith late this week to discuss his status.
09-21-2010 04:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
RE: MTSU center Stuart likely out for season
[Image: 14037d1260581926-funny-motivational-posters-high.jpg]
09-21-2010 05:59 PM
BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

[Image: Rock+Bottom.jpg]
09-21-2010 06:02 PM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

I Root For: Louisiana
(09-21-2010 06:02 PM)BlueRaiderFan. Wrote:  [Image: Rock+Bottom.jpg]

Stockstill is sandbagging on McElroy and Fisher, both will play Saturday!03-banghead
09-21-2010 06:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

(09-21-2010 06:56 PM)CajunT Wrote:  
(09-21-2010 06:02 PM)BlueRaiderFan. Wrote:  [Image: Rock+Bottom.jpg]

Stockstill is sandbagging on McElroy and Fisher, both will play Saturday!03-banghead

yep....
09-21-2010 06:59 PM
BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

Doubt it. We will be lucky to go 7-5 this year. 03-weeping
09-21-2010 07:43 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(09-21-2010 07:43 PM)BlueRaiderFan. Wrote:  Doubt it. We will be lucky to go 7-5 this year. 03-weeping

sandbagger.
09-21-2010 08:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.