Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FIU Football schedule (OOC) set through 2014
Bookmark and Share
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
FIU Football schedule (OOC) set through 2014
From our board (http://www.fiugoldenpanthers.com)

Quote:According to Pete we have a complete schedule until 2014. I like it a lot.
Starting in 2013 we are only going to need 3 OCC games because South Alabama will come to the Sunbelt.

We are going to have a comfortable schedule to develop this team for the next two years and only after 2013 we will test ourselves against TA&M at home.

You can't beat this schedule and what the AD is doing for the program.

UCF
@ Louisville
Duke
@ Akron

@ Duke
Louisville
Akron
@ UCF

Texas A&M
UCF
@ Louisville

Louisville
@ UCF
Pittsburgh
09-01-2010 10:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CJPanther Offline
2nd String

RE: FIU Football schedule (OOC) set through 2014
i love all the BE schools we are playing .. and the fact that all are return games 1 and 1 also like the CUSA games w/ UCF in there
09-01-2010 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
Your AD needs a raise! 04-bow
09-01-2010 10:59 AM
NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

I Root For: FAU
I see how it is, UCF will play you guys but not FAU. And those fans talk a lot of smack with nothing to show for it, we'd love to play them.

rumor is they do not want to lose to a "lower-tier" rival florida school.

Anyways, there are not many times I will route for FIU, but I really hope you guys beat them. 04-cheers

GO OWLS!!!
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2010 11:39 AM by NCowl.)
09-01-2010 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
I listened to the PodCast today of the Howard Schnellenberger show today.

He mentioned specifically that once the OCS is built FAU will be able to get 1-1 deals with AQ teams. Lockhart is simply unacceptable to get those kinds of deals.

Mentioned specifically:

Louisville (this is will be a slam dunk, HS is a LEGEND in Kentucky sports)
Boston College
Connetticut

BOG meeting for the stadium is Sept 16th. All indiciations are that it is Rubber Stamp deed.

Look for FAU to have similar scheduleing that FIU has.

And they have done a TREMENDOUS job on that. Kudos.
09-01-2010 11:18 AM
Advertisement

FIUFan Offline
All American

(09-01-2010 11:04 AM)NCowl Wrote:  I see how it is, UCF will play you guys but not FAU. And those fans talk a lot of smack with nothing to show for it, we'd love to play them.
Anyways, there are not many time I will route for FIU, but I really hope you guys beat them. 04-cheers
GO OWLS!!!

Over the next four years (through 2015) we'll have as many home games with UCF and Louisville as with FAU. 05-stirthepot

We need to start Phase III as soon as possbile to take advantage of this scheduling.
09-01-2010 11:31 AM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I'm very satisfied with the way the schedule will begin looking starting next season with 4 home and home series being played, and zero "money games". It appears that our new administration's and his vow to only play home and homes, is beginning to come true in form. It "sacrifices" the enormous amount of money (around $1 million...wow!) some of these "big" schools are offering for "money" games, for home dates against some other BCS schools, not necessarily the cream of the cream. I like this approach, although I wonder if forsaking the $1 or $2 million to the budget here and there in the short run, will really pay dividends on the longer run. I'm giving our AD the benefit of the doubt in this one, and hope we can keep up our budget without the money games.

Question: does the move up by South Alabama in football eventually mean we will have a 9-game Sun Belt Conference season?...or will the SBC keep it at 8 games, with one team off the schedule yearly on a rotating basis? If the latter, then the FIU schedule is not really "full" yet with only 3 of 4 possible OOC games.

As for the FAU model, I agree with owlfamily that with the new stadium in place, it makes a lot of sense to "change" the scheduling aspect. However, I read somewhere that part of your new stadium deal includes the money from playing at least 1 (maybe 2?) "money games" a year, besides the new increased portion coming from student fees, which would somewhat limit the ability of scheduling to a maximum of 2 home and homes a year.
09-01-2010 12:33 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
I think you'll see at least one money game a year from FAU for a while.

Howard doesnt mind them as it gives you practice against the big boys and of course the cash flow is significant as well.

But right now weve NEVER had a 1 and 1 with ANY school on any level. Thevye all been 2 for 1's or such. Thats what I think you'll see.

If FAU does well and the stadium sells out frequetnly that money game may not need to be done each year. Im sure that the fiancnes did NOT include sellouts each year as FAU has not proven it can do that.

Well truly see if a difference is made in attendance next year with an OCS. It will be telling.
09-01-2010 12:45 PM
FIUFan Offline
All American

(09-01-2010 12:33 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  I'm very satisfied with the way the schedule will begin looking starting next season with 4 home and home series being played, and zero "money games". It appears that our new administration's and his vow to only play home and homes, is beginning to come true in form. It "sacrifices" the enormous amount of money (around $1 million...wow!) some of these "big" schools are offering for "money" games, for home dates against some other BCS schools, not necessarily the cream of the cream. I like this approach, although I wonder if forsaking the $1 or $2 million to the budget here and there in the short run, will really pay dividends on the longer run. I'm giving our AD the benefit of the doubt in this one, and hope we can keep up our budget without the money games.
Question: does the move up by South Alabama in football eventually mean we will have a 9-game Sun Belt Conference season?...or will the SBC keep it at 8 games, with one team off the schedule yearly on a rotating basis? If the latter, then the FIU schedule is not really "full" yet with only 3 of 4 possible OOC games.
As for the FAU model, I agree with owlfamily that with the new stadium in place, it makes a lot of sense to "change" the scheduling aspect. However, I read somewhere that part of your new stadium deal includes the money from playing at least 1 (maybe 2?) "money games" a year, besides the new increased portion coming from student fees, which would somewhat limit the ability of scheduling to a maximum of 2 home and homes a year.

As you know, even with our increase in enrollment standards, we are welcoming the largest student body in FIU's history this school year. I've also read where Rosenburg expects the student body to be pushing 50,000 by 2015. This means, even without an increase in student fees, we can expect to see a 20% increase in the athletic budget over that time period.

I think these new fees will more than offset the loss of dollars experienced by not scheduling these 'money' games. I firmly believe we will sell-out the home games v. UCF and the Big East schools (esp. with the stadiums current configuration). If the trend is better football results and larger crowds, plus the dollars already earmarked for the SSC, we should be able to begin Phase III of the stadium expansion in the very near future. 04-rock
09-01-2010 12:49 PM
Advertisement

FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I think you are right there FIUFan, and I'm also seeing Dr. Rosenberg's expectation of FIU hitting 50,000-students mark in 4 more years, thus essentially increasing by itself close to $4 million in extra revenues to the Athletics budget, as compared to last season. So I agree with you, and you convinced me with the little doubt I had about it...was mostly thinking short term differences, but hey....I really like the new direction as well. 04-rock
09-01-2010 01:18 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-01-2010 12:45 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  I think you'll see at least one money game a year from FAU for a while.

Howard doesnt mind them as it gives you practice against the big boys and of course the cash flow is significant as well.

But right now weve NEVER had a 1 and 1 with ANY school on any level. Thevye all been 2 for 1's or such. Thats what I think you'll see.

If FAU does well and the stadium sells out frequetnly that money game may not need to be done each year. Im sure that the fiancnes did NOT include sellouts each year as FAU has not proven it can do that.

Well truly see if a difference is made in attendance next year with an OCS. It will be telling.

That would be great for you if you only have 1 "Advanced Training" game. I remember reading in one of Hutton's blog that FAU would need to play at least one...and I'm almost certain he wrote either 2 or 3....of those games a year...plus up to 5% of the athletic fee and stadium revenues, to cover the debt.

With only 1 of those games, plus the "expected" increase in ticket sales, then you would have plenty of options, and a very favorable cash flow, indeed. 04-cheers
09-01-2010 02:02 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Wow... I am jealous of that schedule. That is awesome.
09-01-2010 05:59 PM
USACoN2012 Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-01-2010 12:33 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  Question: does the move up by South Alabama in football eventually mean we will have a 9-game Sun Belt Conference season?...or will the SBC keep it at 8 games, with one team off the schedule yearly on a rotating basis? If the latter, then the FIU schedule is not really "full" yet with only 3 of 4 possible OOC games.

This is my question as well.
09-01-2010 11:20 PM
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(09-01-2010 11:20 PM)USACoN2012 Wrote:  
(09-01-2010 12:33 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  Question: does the move up by South Alabama in football eventually mean we will have a 9-game Sun Belt Conference season?...or will the SBC keep it at 8 games, with one team off the schedule yearly on a rotating basis? If the latter, then the FIU schedule is not really "full" yet with only 3 of 4 possible OOC games.

I've seen quotes from Wright Waters that he wants to keep the league schedule at 8 games.
09-02-2010 04:58 AM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

Looks like we might need one more 1 for 1. Go F I U!

(09-02-2010 04:58 AM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  
(09-01-2010 11:20 PM)USACoN2012 Wrote:  

I've seen quotes from Wright Waters that he wants to keep the league schedule at 8 games.
09-02-2010 08:40 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

(09-02-2010 08:40 AM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Looks like we might need one more 1 for 1. Go F I U!

Given the S. Florida recruiting hot-bed, it doesn't look as if opponents are going to be too difficult to locate. I'd prefer a C-USA opponent to fill the slot (if we don't play all other SBC teams each year) or maybe a Service Academy. 03-cloud9 And maybe an SEC team to open the stadium once the additional seats are added in Phase III.
09-02-2010 10:33 AM
Essency Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(09-01-2010 11:04 AM)NCowl Wrote:  I see how it is, UCF will play you guys but not FAU. And those fans talk a lot of smack with nothing to show for it, we'd love to play them.

Anyways, there are not many times I will route for FIU, but I really hope you guys beat them. 04-cheers

GO OWLS!!!

Don't hate. Get that new stadium built and you'll see UCF on your schedule.
09-10-2010 08:36 AM
Advertisement

stebo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: North Texas
Is that aTm game on campus or at the Dolphins stadium?
09-10-2010 01:24 PM
pantherondeck Offline
Water Engineer

(09-10-2010 01:24 PM)stebo Wrote:  Is that aTm game on campus or at the Dolphins stadium?

On campus, we never play games at the Dolphins stadium except for the FAU ones.
09-10-2010 01:45 PM
CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa

GO OWLS!!!

Build a stadium and we'll play you. I think our position is pretty clear that we want a good road game to go to, and Lockhart doesn't provide that. Once your stadium is finished, I'd expect UCF to show up on FAU's schedule after the FIU series is done.
09-10-2010 03:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.