UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tyrone Nix
LABlazer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Tyrone Nix
Ty Nix is my choice for the next HC. Watching his defense tonight against Auburn has shown me all I need to see. He may not have HC experience, but the way those kids play for him is awesome. His defense was on the field for 30 straight plays (thanks to onside kick) and they only gave up 10 points. Yeah, they blew a couple of 3rd and longs (we do that now), but they showed heart and determination on SEVERAL plays. This is a guy that is going to be a HC somewhere soon, why not back at home at UAB. I really believe the community would open their arms for this guy and the attendance would increase just because of his hire.

[Image: 159540.jpeg]
09-28-2006 10:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies

+1.. I have been on his bandwagon for three years.
09-29-2006 07:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

He's gonna end up somewhere. Might as well be on the Southside.
09-29-2006 07:41 AM
BlazerCPA1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB

I have been a wait and see how the season unfolds guy, but I am starting to lean toward the everybody goes, bring some new talent. I think Tyrone Nix would be great. Great, young coach that knows the area, could bring instant credibilty having been with Spurrier and knows CUSA. Plus, it hasn't been mentioned, but it would be a great PR move to bring in a minority head coach. PR that might give us some leeway with the BOT in terms of salary.... Especially since UAT had Jesse Jackson protesting last time they hired a coach...
09-29-2006 08:03 AM
Advertisement

UAB4EVER Offline
Banned

I Root For:

BlazerCPA1 Wrote:I have been a wait and see how the season unfolds guy, but I am starting to lean toward the everybody goes, bring some new talent. I think Tyrone Nix would be great. Great, young coach that knows the area, could bring instant credibilty having been with Spurrier and knows CUSA. Plus, it hasn't been mentioned, but it would be a great PR move to bring in a minority head coach. PR that might give us some leeway with the BOT in terms of salary.... Especially since UAT had Jesse Jackson protesting last time they hired a coach...

It hasn't been mentioned because it doesn't matter. We just need to get a coach that will give us the best chance to win football games and that would get us all the PR we need. I get so tired of this minority coach bullsh!t.

UAB has already broken that mode. We've had the only black AD, the only black basketball coaches, in the state of Alabama's history, when it comes to a major DI program therefore Mr. Jackson wouldn't have a leg to stand on. So can't we just let it GO!
09-29-2006 11:17 AM
Blazersyx Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Color doesn't matter. Let's get someone with morals, can coach, can win, can teach, can inspire and can cook ok, maybe not the cooking part but we don
09-29-2006 11:26 AM
BlazerCPA1 Offline
Special Teams

I didn't say that color mattered. I personally think he would be the best option if he was purple and from Pluto, but that does not change the fact that it would be good PR. I don't know the numbers for sure, but I think there are less than 10 minority head coaches in DI football, so hiring a minority would be national news. I didn't say that it should be a criteria or a factor for UAB hiring anyone, but it would be to our benefit in terms of national perception. Whether you all want to let it go or not, that is the reality that we live in. I would prefer it not be that way, but I won't mind taking advantage of it when it is our favor.
09-29-2006 01:08 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Look, I like Plutonians fine, but I don't want my daughter marrying one.

Damn, I've just outed myself as a rabid anti-Plutite! :shhh:
09-29-2006 02:02 PM
UAB4EVER Offline
Banned

I Root For:

BlazerCPA1 Wrote:I didn't say that color mattered. I personally think he would be the best option if he was purple and from Pluto, but that does not change the fact that it would be good PR. I don't know the numbers for sure, but I think there are less than 10 minority head coaches in DI football, so hiring a minority would be national news. I didn't say that it should be a criteria or a factor for UAB hiring anyone, but it would be to our benefit in terms of national perception. Whether you all want to let it go or not, that is the reality that we live in. I would prefer it not be that way, but I won't mind taking advantage of it when it is our favor.

You brought it up, so it must matter to you.
09-29-2006 02:24 PM
legalblazer Offline
1st String

Pluto is not even a planet. It is not even supposed to be called Pluto anymore ... it's just some string of letters and numbers now. I wouldn't let my kid marry anyone from there either.
09-29-2006 02:24 PM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

It really doesn't matter. Tyrone Nix would not coach at UAB anyway. His name (if it's not already) will be floating around more established schools than UAB. Not saying UAB isn't a good job but there will be better ones for him to probably choose from.
09-29-2006 02:27 PM
Grammar-Nazi Offline
Grammar police

Folding@NCAAbbs

[quote="Blazersyx"]Color doesn't matter. Let's get someone with morals, can coach, can win, can teach, can inspire and can cook ok, maybe not the cooking part but we don
09-29-2006 03:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

BlazerCPA1 Wrote:I have been a wait and see how the season unfolds guy, but I am starting to lean toward the everybody goes, bring some new talent. I think Tyrone Nix would be great. Great, young coach that knows the area, could bring instant credibilty having been with Spurrier and knows CUSA. Plus, it hasn't been mentioned, but it would be a great PR move to bring in a minority head coach. PR that might give us some leeway with the BOT in terms of salary.... Especially since UAT had Jesse Jackson protesting last time they hired a coach...

Not an issue at UAB, probably is one at Bammer.

Give me anyone that can get the job done.

Nix, Fisher, Strong would be in my top 3 without too much additional thought at this time.
09-29-2006 04:21 PM
Advertisement

mobileblazer Offline
DadofTwins

I wished Jesse Jackson would fall on the next exploding land mine.
09-29-2006 04:29 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

RE: Tyrone Nix
Found this
12-28-2013 02:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.