I Root For: EMU
RE: 2011 Football
06-03-2010 07:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
GREAT POST - IMPRESSIVE LISTING - ENGLISH IS NOT AFRAID OF COMPETITION WHEN RECRUITING - A LOT OF BIGTIME SCHOOLS RECRUITING THE SAME PLAYERS AS EMU - WOULD BE GREAT IF HE SNAGGED A FEW OF THESE KIDS.

IMPRESSED WITH THE DIVERSITY OF EMU'S RECRUITING BUT VERY FEW MICHIGAN KIDS ON THIS LISTING. JUCO'S NOT LISTED AS WELL!

BOTTOM LINE - I THINK ENGLISH WILL GET IT DONE RECRUITING WISE. WOULD HOPE FOR SOME VEWRBALS SOON
06-03-2010 08:52 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(06-03-2010 08:52 AM)Dennis D. Rachwal Wrote:  GREAT POST - IMPRESSIVE LISTING - ENGLISH IS NOT AFRAID OF COMPETITION WHEN RECRUITING - A LOT OF BIGTIME SCHOOLS RECRUITING THE SAME PLAYERS AS EMU - WOULD BE GREAT IF HE SNAGGED A FEW OF THESE KIDS.

IMPRESSED WITH THE DIVERSITY OF EMU'S RECRUITING BUT VERY FEW MICHIGAN KIDS ON THIS LISTING. JUCO'S NOT LISTED AS WELL!

BOTTOM LINE - I THINK ENGLISH WILL GET IT DONE RECRUITING WISE. WOULD HOPE FOR SOME VEWRBALS SOON

I've seen lists of say 50 targets and MANY are from Michigan.

That said, I try NOT to get into recruiting this time of year 'CAUSE it is like a woman window shopping at the mall.

The reason she is window shopping is that she isn't able buy what she is looking at.

Likewise, majority of the early offers are to kids who won't give EMU a 2nd look. Many have OFFERS from BCS schools. Isn't that the death knell for EMU's hopes????

English and staff you hoping they can get the kid to make an unofficial visit but that is little to get optimistic about.

My favorite was a kid Arnett. I kept getting Scout.Com e-mail alerts: Saginaw's Arnett has offer from MSU. Arnett has offer from USC.

And I'm thinking I'm receiving these updates cluttering my mailbox????? :muttering:

Does the kid even open the mailings from EMU????

Just like my real estate agent e-mail that she has a great value on a house - marked down from 900K to 800K. Yeah, baby, yeah, great deal (10% off) but... 05-nono 05-nono 05-nono05-nono (p.s. the numbers are fictious).
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2010 01:07 PM by emu steve.)
06-04-2010 01:02 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
I'm taking a vacation from recruiting football I'll check back in late August after the summer camps are done and even then I think October or November would be a better time.
06-04-2010 01:31 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(06-04-2010 01:31 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I'm taking a vacation from recruiting football I'll check back in late August after the summer camps are done and even then I think October or November would be a better time.

Agree, '79.

The kids making decisions now are kids shooting for big name schools and being offered by them.

Most MAC-level players aren't commiting yet. Most are holding out to see how high they can be offered.
06-04-2010 03:13 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I went to Rivals.com and looked for MAC commits at a few schools (e.g., CMU, Temple, Toledo, etc.).

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/tea...it&sid=880

found a grand total of ONE commit for the those schools which recruit very well.

This certainly makes '79 's point about this being early and that things might change as Labor Day approaches.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 05:25 AM by emu steve.)
06-05-2010 05:24 AM
Advertisement

1st String

Steve, you are right on top of it!
06-05-2010 10:48 AM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(06-05-2010 05:24 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I went to Rivals.com and looked for MAC commits at a few schools (e.g., CMU, Temple, Toledo, etc.).

found a grand total of ONE commit for the those schools which recruit very well.

This certainly makes '79 's point about this being early and that things might change as Labor Day approaches.

Temple's up to 6 commits so far.
07-02-2010 07:31 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(07-02-2010 07:31 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(06-05-2010 05:24 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I went to Rivals.com and looked for MAC commits at a few schools (e.g., CMU, Temple, Toledo, etc.).

Temple's up to 6 commits so far.

CMU continues to add verbals and is probably somewhere around say 7.
07-03-2010 03:51 AM
Advertisement

1st String

No question about CMU, they are the elite program in the MAC and will be tough to beat!
07-03-2010 08:08 AM
EagleAttack Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
The jury is out on CMU. A new staff could mean major changes. If they move to new offensive and defensive systems they could find themselves in a real rebuilding situtation.... not the right personnel to fit the system etc, etc... sound familiar? If they start to struggle it will quickly effect recruiting and so on. And the drop off in talent at QB could be staggering (or maybe not). If the staff hadn't changed I would agree they are the team to beat, but with all the changes I think they could be very average.
07-06-2010 08:36 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Attack, I agree CMU should be down abit as they have an unproven QB, RB, some holes at WR and DB, but their offensive line is solid as most of their front seven. The one thing they have going for them is while many of our true freshmen played last year, they redshirted theirs which is a nice going away present from Butch Jones to Enos. Enos skill set is recruiting, how good of coach with the X and Os remains to be seen. The schools with the strongest instate football recruiting are MSU, CMU and Grand Valley. If you think English is focusing on offering Michigan players I would suggest you look at the locations of the players that the recruiting sites (Scout and Rivals) say EMU has made offers to.
07-06-2010 05:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.