Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CFN: NFL Draft Talents
Bookmark and Share
CardinalBlackTrojan Online

I Root For: TROY
CFN: NFL Draft Talents
3rd Round Talents...

90. Alex Carrington, DE Arkansas State 6-5, 285
Very tall, very long, and very hard working, he’s a silky-smooth 285-pounder with the strength to match his quickness. Able to play either end position, he’s cut, tough, and can get off the ball in a hurry. He’ll need to learn to play up to his tools a bit better and he needs to put together a better group of pass rushing moves to count on, but he was more than great in offseason workouts and should be a rock-solid long time pro. There isn’t a high ceiling, but there’s little bust potential.
CFN Projection: Third Round

5th Round Talents...

148. Levi Brown, QB Troy 6-4, 229
It took a little while, and a transfer from Richmond, but Brown turned into a whale of a playmaker for a great Sun Belt team. Once the light went on, he was a cool, steady bomber who made all the throws and showed a great command of the offense. A baller, he’s the type of player who’s going to work his tail off to become a good player and has the intensity and focus lacking among many prospects in this draft. He’ll need mechanical work, and lots of it, needing to come up with a more compact throwing motion, and he has to get used to working up under center, but he has the makeup to be a solid starter if given the chance to work through his mistakes.
CFN Projection: Fourth Round

6th Round Talents...

186. Hall Davis, DE Louisiana-Lafayette 6-4, 271
Not really a speed rusher, he’s a great athlete with the work ethic to camp out in a weight room and make himself far stronger. He’s a bit too light to be a 3-4 end and even with his athleticism he’s not quick enough to be a dominant outside linebacker. He’s already maxed out on his size bulking up to get to his current weight, and with his raw skills he can be a versatile defender who’ll get used in a variety of ways. His production in Sun Belt play didn’t match his talent, and he’ll have to show he can become a football player and not just a top prospect.
CFN Projection: Fourth Round

190. Brandon Lang, DE Troy 6-4, 266 (OLB)
Fluid, he moves extremely well and blasts off the ball. He might not be all that fast, running a disastrous 4.96 40 at the Combine, and his 20 reps on the bench weren’t nearly good enough to overcome the concerns about his lack of bulk. While he’s a better player than a workout warrior, the raw skills just aren’t there to think he can be anything more than a decent backup unless he gets a lot bigger and a lot stronger.
CFN Projection: Fifth Round

7th Round Talents...

233. Boris Lee, ILB Troy 6-0, 238
Extremely productive at an all-Sun Belt level, he’s a fly all over the place, do the dirty work needed playmaker with great quickness to the ball and always attacks, attacks, and attacks some more. While he plays under control, he’s extremely aggressive and makes up for his shortcomings, like his lack of footspeed and his height, by playing smart. He’s a tweener who’s too small to play inside and too slow to be a regular on the outside, but he’ll be someone’s star on special teams and should make a roster on want-to.
CFN Projection: Free Agent

236. Cameron Sheffield, OLB Troy 6-2, 257 (DE)
A disastrous 4.9 40 at the Combine killed his potential as an outside linebacker, but he’s too light to be a regular defensive end. However, he’s a good pass rusher and is smart enough to make things happen on the move. He’ll need time to learn how to play outside linebacker and might need at least a year to figure out what he’s doing. The upside is there for a prospect with just enough talent to become a dangerous strongside linebacker.
CFN Projection: Fifth Round
04-20-2010 09:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
RE: CFN: NFL Draft Talents
Some projections have MT's Chris McCoy going in the 7th round. Danny Camichael has a shot too, esp. as a free agent.
04-20-2010 10:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RomanFIU Offline
Miami Vice

I Root For: FIU
Wow no Rusty Smith or any of the guys from FAU
04-21-2010 07:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(04-21-2010 07:50 AM)RomanFIU Wrote:  Wow no Rusty Smith or any of the guys from FAU

Not surprised.

Rusty never did recapture his 2007 season prodcution and to be honest fell quite short when he played against the "big boys"

Dont think this is the year that FAU breaks that draft slump.:muttering:

Rusty has had 2 private workouts with New England Patriots. One up North and then they had another come down to Jaxsonville to talk again after that. Bellicheck usualy has ways to find gems so Ill keep my fingers crossed.

Id expect PFA deals for Rusty and Jason Harmon, with perhaps Spitale and Willie Rose getting looks as well.
04-21-2010 11:01 AM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
CFN has overlooked (typical for them) the rising stock of Aaron Morgan from ULM. He has been impressing at every NFL Pro Day he has attended and is being looked at as an outside LB instead of the DE he played during his college days. He's fast, strong, and is considered well suited for the NFL game. He'll definitely get his chance and is also a strong draft candidate, possibly in the mid-rounds.
04-21-2010 11:09 AM
Advertisement

RomanFIU Offline
Miami Vice

I Root For: FIU
(04-21-2010 11:01 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  
(04-21-2010 07:50 AM)RomanFIU Wrote:  Wow no Rusty Smith or any of the guys from FAU

Not surprised.

Rusty never did recapture his 2007 season prodcution and to be honest fell quite short when he played against the "big boys"

Rusty has had 2 private workouts with New England Patriots. One up North and then they had another come down to Jaxsonville to talk again after that. Bellicheck usualy has ways to find gems so Ill keep my fingers crossed.

Id expect PFA deals for Rusty and Jason Harmon, with perhaps Spitale and Willie Rose getting looks as well.

I didn't mean it as a shot...i just thought Rusty would be worth a day 3 pick in the late rounds...just like Harmon would be a risk that can turnout to be a reward at the end of the day.
04-21-2010 11:18 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(04-21-2010 11:18 AM)RomanFIU Wrote:  
(04-21-2010 11:01 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  

Not surprised.

I didn't mean it as a shot...i just thought Rusty would be worth a day 3 pick in the late rounds...just like Harmon would be a risk that can turnout to be a reward at the end of the day.

OH I know it wasnt a shot. Its all good. 04-cheers

None of us FAU fans believed after last years perfomrance by the team and then especially Rusty's injury that we would have a player get drafted. Im always surprised that we havent yet because we run the pro set so all of our guys have expereince in the offense that the NFL likes.

It'll happen some day I'm sure.

Some are saying that you could see Rusty and Jason Harmon go as late rounders. They are pretty much all but guranteed a PFA deal in most peoples opinions.
04-21-2010 11:53 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
Several Troy players are expected to sign free agent deals. Bear Woods has been in contact with Atlanta , Seattle and one other team that I can't remember. Seattle is looking at him at fullback. David McDowell had a very good pro day so he may get a shot somewhere as well.
04-21-2010 01:19 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
I'm betting that Carrington is gone in the 2nd round.....but if he's around in the 3rd, and the Titans haven't picked a DE yet.....I may get an early Christmas present.

***Maybe a longshot....but I can hope.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2010 02:50 PM by Fanof49ASU.)
04-21-2010 02:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.