Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2 new b-ball JUCOs?
Bookmark and Share
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
2 new b-ball JUCOs?
Per Dennis, we are getting 2 junior college recruits for basketball - 1 point guard and one big man.

i'm not thrilled by the news. Our experience with junior college players has been mediocre at best. One good year out of Bunkley, two good years from Axon and some ineffectiveness from Knaub, Benjanin and Farrow. the jury's still out on Higgins and Dailey, but so far they have not done much to warrant excitement.

What do you all think about Ramsey getting 2 JUCOs in his sixth recruiting class? seems to me like he should have established himself recruiting-wise enough to avoid using these stop-gap measures.
04-09-2010 01:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
RE: 2 new b-ball JUCOs?
We'll see the end of the month. Most prep players are committed early, JUCO's late. Do need a somewhat experienced PG , Medlock has big shoes to fill. As far as Dobbins replacement, I look forward towards the development of Harris (now 6'9) and Balkema and perhaps even Jantzen. A new big guy could be added just for depth.

After a few weeks, we may already be looking towards the fall signing period and more prep players, hopefully some Michiganders.

P.S. Ramsey seemed very happy about the current spring recruiting class, maybe he knows something we don't know.

Also, English brought in 5-6 JUCO FB Players, generally they are bigger and stronger which should also aply to B asketball players.
04-09-2010 01:30 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
To me this is an indication that Ramsey is not getting the HS players he recruits. I know for some sports a coach would rather get a decent JUCO player than a second tier HS player.
04-09-2010 02:51 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(04-09-2010 02:51 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  To me this is an indication that Ramsey is not getting the HS players he recruits. I know for some sports a coach would rather get a decent JUCO player than a second tier HS player.

I'm kind of speculating on this, but what, I think, we'll see is that FB has a recruiting edge with JUCO compared to hoops.

The obvious reason is that English, Snow, etc. have EXTENSIVE experience in the PAC 10, etc. and have recruited the California JUCOs extensively.

EMU hoops doesn't have that kind of 'in' with any JUCO hoops conferences.

Ramsey might find a decent JUCO kid here and there but it isn't the same kind of 'in'.
04-10-2010 10:15 AM
1st String

I BELIEVE RAMSEY IS IN CHICAGO (WEST ON I 94 PER RAMSEY TWITTER POST), THIS WEEKEND RECRUITING A BIG MAN - HOPE HE CAN PLAY.
04-10-2010 10:36 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
The top 50 JUCO in IL rankings per one opinion:

midstateshoops.com has a listing of top 50 Illinois JUCO sophomores.

http://midstatehoops.com/v5/?page_id=4302

My hunch is it may be Chris Ware.

I'd like to see Ramsey sign some Michigan high school players but agree we need an experienced point and big man next year as Balkema and Harris need time to develop.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2010 04:42 PM by emu79.)
04-10-2010 04:34 PM
1st String

Chris Ware is a good guess, you could be right. I was told the kid was about 6'8 and real strong.

I doubt there are any Michigan kids left this spring worthy of a DIV I Scholarshp. Next fall, they should sign some Michigan kids. The 2 players from AA Huron have been to a number of our games and on campus. Mathew and Williams by names.
04-10-2010 04:49 PM
1st String

RE: 2 new b-ball JUCOs? if it is chris ware
Lincoln College Men's Basketball - All Region Team
Lincoln, IL – Chris Ware has been selected Player of the Year for Region 24 and Kenyon Smith has been selected to the top of the 12 man team. The Lynx finished the regular season 24-6 (14-2)and won the Mid West Athletic Conference title. Chris Ware region statistics 15.5 pts, 7.8 rebounds, 78% FT, 59.8% FG and Kenyon Smith region statistics 12.1ppg, 5 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 45%FG, 45%3-pt FG, 72.5%FT, 2.41 steals.

“Obviously this is a great personal accomplish for both Chris and Kenyon and I feel it’s a reflection of our team’s success this year. We have had many players step up during the year which has made for a great season!” Lincoln will travel to Shawnee Community College to play Rend Lake in the semi-finals of the Region 24 Tournament on Saturday, March 6th at 12:00PM. If the Lynx win, they will play Sunday, March 7th at 1:00pm vs. the winner of the (#4) Shawnee / (#5) Danville game. The winner of the 1pm game will earn a berth to the National Tournament.

Congratulations to the 2010 All Region 24 Team:

Player of the Year: Chris Ware, Lincoln

Top 3 vote getters who will be nominated for All American status: Chris Ware, Lincoln; John Washington, ICC and Tim Toler, Danville

12 Man All Region Team
Chris Ware, Lincoln
John Washington, ICC
Tim Toler, Danville
Kenyon Smith, Lincoln
Brylin Brown, John Wood
David Smith, Danville
Rico Pierrevilus, Lewis and Clark
Carlton Westbrook, Lincoln Land
DJ Hoskins, Parkland
Anthony Jones, Lewis and Clark
DD Gillespie, Shawnee
Deantra Scott, Shawnee

Honorable Mention All Region Team
Reggie Reed, Rend Lake
Ryan Stuckman, John Wood
Dorel Sutherland, ICC
Ethan Rendolph, Rend Lake
Jeremy Paprocki, Parkland
04-10-2010 05:16 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Also some of the high school hoops players in Detroit unfortunately have academic issues (see Detroit News All Detroit team and others). They wouldn't be in a position to help right away next season.

I'm more curious about the PG both high school and JUCO.
04-10-2010 05:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.