Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Looking at Thursday (2/18)
Bookmark and Share
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Looking at Thursday (2/18)
USA at WKU. A USA loss mathematically eliminates USA from the division title. WKU loss all but ends their hopes with the final three on the road.

MT at Troy. MT win puts the Blue Raiders two games up on Troy with three left and at least preserves one game lead over FAU and at least a tie for first. Troy win ties the Trojans for first in East and gives them tiebreaker over MT.

ASU at UL. ASU win keeps ASU at least in tie for top seed and in first in the West with a one game lead over UNT that is functionally 2 games due to tiebreaker. Louisiana win cuts ASU and UNT lead over Cajuns to one game and prevents ASU from taking head-to-head tiebreaker.

FAU at FIU. FAU win allows them to keep pace in the East and possibly move into tie for first. FIU fighting to hold 11th seed.

UNO at ULM. ULM gains chance to improve on current 10th seed slot. UNO win gives the Privateers a chance to avoid finishing last in final go round in the Sun Belt.

UALR at Denver. UALR can make a move on the 11th seed. Denver's remote chances in the West stay alive.
02-16-2010 01:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
RE: Looking at Thursday (2/18)
Huge games this week. Hope we get some good crowds, barring any more snow & ice. I'm ready for the summer !

(02-16-2010 01:56 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  USA at WKU. A USA loss mathematically eliminates USA from the division title. WKU loss all but ends their hopes with the final three on the road.

MT at Troy. MT win puts the Blue Raiders two games up on Troy with three left and at least preserves one game lead over FAU and at least a tie for first. Troy win ties the Trojans for first in East and gives them tiebreaker over MT.

ASU at UL. ASU win keeps ASU at least in tie for top seed and in first in the West with a one game lead over UNT that is functionally 2 games due to tiebreaker. Louisiana win cuts ASU and UNT lead over Cajuns to one game and prevents ASU from taking head-to-head tiebreaker.

FAU at FIU. FAU win allows them to keep pace in the East and possibly move into tie for first. FIU fighting to hold 11th seed.

UNO at ULM. ULM gains chance to improve on current 10th seed slot. UNO win gives the Privateers a chance to avoid finishing last in final go round in the Sun Belt.

UALR at Denver. UALR can make a move on the 11th seed. Denver's remote chances in the West stay alive.
02-16-2010 02:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
The game at WKU is going to be a tough one, then MTSU on Saturday to follow. We're so shorthanded it's ridiculous. We lost Sherrer, who is our best 3 pt shooter and our best senior in the FIU game (not to mention he was shooting 90+% at the line). But, the guys continue to battle and they'll do so this weekend. Brock and Williams will have to another weekend like they just had for us to have a chance.
02-16-2010 05:44 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I thought the MLB baseball player's son was your best trey shooter ? Redus
02-16-2010 06:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(02-16-2010 06:18 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  I thought the MLB baseball player's son was your best trey shooter ? Redus

Looking at the stats, you're right, he is technically. He's made 2 more in 6 less attempts. Redus is far from healthy though due to a knee injury he suffered earlier in the season. Sherrer is a senior who had somehow managed to miss the injury bug until now. I guess who is the better shooter b/w Redus and Sherrer is really a moot point. We just can't keep anyone on the court this year, and it hurts to lose someone who was knocking down threes and FT with consistency when we already have depth issues.

Just saw that Sherrer was 8th in the nation in FT% at 90.8.
02-16-2010 07:29 PM
Advertisement

Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
(02-16-2010 01:56 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  WKU loss all but ends their hopes with the final three on the road.

WKU is back plying the way we were when we beat Miss. st. and Vandy
Surge is back!
The WKU nation is not using the word hope. Until someone
else wins SBC Tourney we are the reining champs. We still have
a good chance for getting a first round bye.
I believe we just beat some team from Jonesboro with the best conference
record in the SBC.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2010 09:50 AM by Hilltop75.)
02-17-2010 09:44 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(02-17-2010 09:44 AM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  
(02-16-2010 01:56 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  WKU loss all but ends their hopes with the final three on the road.

WKU is back plying the way we were when we beat Miss. st. and Vandy
Surge is back!
The WKU nation is not using the word hope. Until someone
else wins SBC Tourney we are the reining champs. We still have
a good chance for getting a first round bye.
I believe we just beat some team from Jonesboro with the best conference
record in the SBC.

Actually ASU and MT are tied for best record.
02-17-2010 10:18 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Even though UNT is a half game off the co-leaders, I think the Mean Green are going to get at least the three seed (hold tiebreakers over current 4/5 FAU and Troy).

I think UNT has a really good shot to be the overall #1 seed and clinch the NIT bid. They host UALR who they already beat in Little Rock, host UL who only beat them by 2 in Lafayette, and travel to ULM who they handled easily in the Super Pit. That would make UNT 13-5.

Middle Tennessee has to travel to Troy who has already beaten them, host USA who MT beat on the road, and travel to both FIU and FAU who both won in Murfreesboro. I think MT is going to have to win at least three of those because I like UNT's chances at 13-5. MT would then hold the tiebreaker but two losses with three coming up on the road, MT is probably out of the hunt.

ASU travels to UL tomorrow night. ASU has been iffy on the road and barely got past the Cajuns in the Convo. Then ASU hosts WKU who matches up well and handled ASU easily at Diddle, followed by UNO at the Convo and then Troy at the Convo, Troy has won 4 of the last 5. ASU holds the tiebreaker over UNT but if the Red Wolves don't win three of the last four it won't matter.
02-17-2010 11:53 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

Weird thing about MT is that we play better on the road. Hope that trend continues Thursday. We are 5-1 on the road in the SBC, only loss to stAte who hit a shot with a second left to beat us.
02-17-2010 01:09 PM
Advertisement

Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
(02-17-2010 01:09 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Weird thing about MT is that we play better on the road. Hope that trend continues Thursday. We are 5-1 on the road in the SBC, only loss to stAte who hit a shot with a second left to beat us.

Should be a great game because Troy is usually much better at home.
02-17-2010 02:02 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(02-17-2010 11:53 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  ASU travels to UL tomorrow night. ASU has been iffy on the road and barely got past the Cajuns in the Convo. Then ASU hosts WKU who matches up well and handled ASU easily at Diddle, followed by UNO at the Convo and then Troy at the Convo, Troy has won 4 of the last 5. ASU holds the tiebreaker over UNT but if the Red Wolves don't win three of the last four it won't matter.

I wouldnt say ASU has been iffy on the road we're 4-4 and one of those losses was on a 40 foot last second shot 1 was at Denver, and the other two were two of the best teams in the league. thats hardly something to sneeze at. Especially when we've had to take 4 and 3 game road trips this year

ULL is very important though. win that and it means we'd have to lose 2 of our last 3 home games to not win the west and 1 of those 3 games is UNO
02-17-2010 03:40 PM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
10 games to decide Sun Belt title

BY ADAM SPARKS • SPARKS@DNJ.COM • February 17, 2010

The Sun Belt Conference men's basketball regular season race has been whittled down to a sprint to the finish: 10 pivotal games in 10 days to finish the schedule.

With four league games remaining for most Sun Belt teams, there are still seven teams within two games of a divisional lead.
02-18-2010 03:21 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
FAU wins 77-74
02-18-2010 10:02 PM
Advertisement

CHughes1102 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Troy
Troy beats MTSU 66-62!!!!!!

04-rock04-rock04-rock04-rock
02-18-2010 10:03 PM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

I Root For: Louisiana
(02-18-2010 10:03 PM)CHughes1102 Wrote:  Troy beats MTSU 66-62!!!!!!

UL over ASU 56-5404-rock
02-18-2010 10:04 PM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
(02-18-2010 10:04 PM)CajunT Wrote:  
(02-18-2010 10:03 PM)CHughes1102 Wrote:  Troy beats MTSU 66-62!!!!!!

UL over ASU 56-5404-rock

Thanks ULL!!! 04-cheers
02-18-2010 10:20 PM
wkuengineer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
WKU dominates 99-69, Slaughter puts up 31
02-18-2010 10:21 PM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
I guess you guys are out of your slump.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2010 10:34 PM by troy4ever21.)
02-18-2010 10:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.