Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Texas vs Nation Practice starts. Belt Players impressing...
Bookmark and Share
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Texas vs Nation Practice starts. Belt Players impressing...
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story...tices-open

Texas:

Troy quarterback Levi Brown also impressed with his arm strength and accuracy, displaying a tight spiral -- something most of the quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl lacked. His size and arm strength make Brown worthy of late-round consideration.

Nation

Nation quarterbacks Jonathan Crompton (Tennessee) and Rusty Smith (Florida Atlantic) showed live arms and the ability to complete any type of throw. Crompton was late on one intermediate out and made his man adjust for a couple of throws, but generally got the ball to his receiver on time and on the numbers.

Smith seems to have shortened his delivery, getting the ball out more quickly and throwing with more confidence than he appeared to have during the season. Both players have something to prove because they were not invited to the Combine.

The star among the receivers and tight ends was Smith's teammate, H-back Jason Harmon. On back-to-back reps he made one-handed catches (with either hand) and pulled in everything the rest of practice. He was so good that it was a disappointment when he didn't bring down a high pass over the middle that was a coin-flip opportunity on most days. Harmon was Smith's favorite target this season (48-649-6) but teams aren't sure what to do with his 6-foot-2, 216-pound frame as a receiver/tight end/H-back 'tweener with very limited blocking skills
02-03-2010 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

I Root For: FAU
RE: Texas vs Nation Practice starts. Belt Players impressing...
You beat me too it OwlFamily!! 01-lauramac2

How about the nice picture of Rusty attached to the article...

[Image: img12870907.jpg]
Rusty Smith, shown playing for Florida Atlantic, is trying to boost his stock after missing the last half of his senior season. (US Presswire)

GO OWLS!!!!
02-03-2010 02:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
I'm expecting to hear MTPiKap inform us that Rusty was past the line of scrimmage....

02-03-2010 02:50 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
(02-03-2010 02:50 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  I'm expecting to hear MTPiKap inform us that Rusty was past the line of scrimmage....

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
02-04-2010 09:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.