Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

4 Star WR Enrolls at Toledo!!!!!!!!
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
4 Star WR Enrolls at Toledo!!!!!!!!
James Green, WR, from Tallahassee (FL) Leon H.S. HAS enrolled (today) at Toledo to play football!!!!!!! He is a JC transfer. He originally signed with Tennessee last year, but there was problems with his recruitment (which made big news down South). He had reportedly commited to Minnesota in mid Dec., but is NOW AT Toledo. He also had an offer from Rutgers. He IS a future NFL player.

That makes 1 Four Star, & 8 Three Star players in the current (2010) recruiting class of 22. Rivals has Toledo as #66 currently ahead of a number of BCS schools.
01-11-2010 04:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: 4 Star WR Enrolls at Toledo!!!!!!!!
(01-11-2010 04:23 PM)Terry Wrote:  James Green, WR, from Tallahassee (FL) Leon H.S. HAS enrolled (today) at Toledo to play football!!!!!!! He is a JC transfer. He originally signed with Tennessee last year, but there was problems with his recruitment (which made big news down South). He had reportedly commited to Minnesota in mid Dec., but is NOW AT Toledo. He also had an offer from Rutgers. He IS a future NFL player.

That makes 1 Four Star, & 8 Three Star players in the current (2010) recruiting class of 22. Rivals has Toledo as #66 currently ahead of a number of BCS schools.

Good news, is that the same HS in Tallahassee where Austin Dantin went?
01-11-2010 04:26 PM
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs
It's the same school, and he never went JC...he's got 4 years eligibility. Brian did a great job of scooping this over at Rocket Digest last night but kept the lid on the details til it was official this morning. Sign up for the free 7 day trial and go take a look.Rocket Digest
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2010 04:40 PM by Karl.)
01-11-2010 04:37 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
Not only the same high school, but they were in the same graduating class. They probably already know each other's moves & quirks on & off the field.04-rock

That makes 2 Four Star WR's to start school today, including Cordale Scott the transfer from Illinois.04-cheers
01-11-2010 04:59 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(01-11-2010 04:59 PM)Terry Wrote:  Not only the same high school, but they were in the same graduating class. They probably already know each other's moves & quirks on & off the field.04-rock

That makes 2 Four Star WR's to start school today, including Cordale Scott the transfer from Illinois.04-cheers

"Shake & Bake"!!! 04-rock
01-11-2010 06:45 PM
stpeterocketfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
Toledo ranked # 1 on scout and rivals. I don't think I have ever seen a MAC school sign this many 3 and 4 star players ever. Coach Beckman and staff are doing a great job!
01-11-2010 07:55 PM
Advertisement

Nick in Cleveland Offline
1st String

Love the offensive players thus far - still very concerned about the defensive side of the ball which has been the problem for years.

The DT from Indiana isn't going to cut it anytime soon. We need at least two more solid DTs, probably one JUCO and one freshman or prep school player.

It's amazing to me that former defensive coordinators like Beckman, Amstutz, Pete Caroll, etc recruit and love offensive players and former offensive coordinators like Gary Pinkel (and others) seem to recruit better defensive players.

By the way, the transfer from Illinois (Cleveland Glenville) is the real deal.
01-11-2010 08:16 PM
Photodan Offline
All American

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
This is terrific! Keep it up, coach!
01-11-2010 08:16 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-11-2010 08:16 PM)Nick in Cleveland Wrote:  It's amazing to me that former defensive coordinators like Beckman, Amstutz, Pete Caroll, etc recruit and love offensive players and former offensive coordinators like Gary Pinkel (and others) seem to recruit better defensive players.

Amstutz used to say he recruited the kind of guys that made him lose sleep as a defensive coach. We need to recruit some guys that would make me sleep better-on the defensive side. I prefer rushers-DTs or LBs- I'm optomistic about our young DBs if we can get a decent rush.
01-11-2010 08:31 PM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

We've got 10 players coming in that are rated 3 stars or more by either Rivals or Scout. 4 of those 10 are on the defensive side of the ball. It's not like the staff is ignoring the defense in recruiting. We've got three defensive players enrolled now that will be participating in winter conditioning and spring practices so they should be ready to help out this fall for sure.
01-11-2010 08:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
(01-11-2010 04:23 PM)Terry Wrote:  He IS a future NFL player.
03-lmfao

Plenty of "4 star" players have not gone onto play in the NFL. Heck, he might even get busted for gambling on the games he played in. Maybe even get busted doing something stupid with a firearm. Not that those things ever happen at Toledo. 03-wink

Yeah I know, Amstutz isn't running the show anymore.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2010 09:50 PM by HuskiemobileMan.)
01-11-2010 09:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
One more thing... a 4 star JUCO is about the same as a 3 star player coming out of HS. Just saying. That being said, I would love the have a highly rated WR like this coming to NIU.
01-11-2010 09:50 PM
San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: il Rockets
(01-11-2010 04:59 PM)Terry Wrote:  That makes 2 Four Star WR's to start school today, including Cordale Scott the transfer from Illinois.04-cheers

I was going to ask if Scott actually enrolled and started today. If so, what's his eligibility status. Next fall? 2011?
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2010 10:00 PM by San Giuseppe Jato Rocket.)
01-11-2010 10:00 PM
Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
(01-11-2010 09:50 PM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  One more thing... a 4 star JUCO is about the same as a 3 star player coming out of HS. Just saying. That being said, I would love the have a highly rated WR like this coming to NIU.

He's not a JUCO and has 4 years eligibility.
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

(01-11-2010 09:50 PM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  One more thing... a 4 star JUCO is about the same as a 3 star player coming out of HS. Just saying. That being said, I would love the have a highly rated WR like this coming to NIU.

He's not a JUCO, he has 4 years of eligibility and gets a jump on most recruits because he is participating in winter conditioning and spring practices.

Look at the talent we have at receiver now. Eric Page was a Freshman All-American. Kenny Stafford chose Toledo over Nebraska, among others. Then the newcomers in 4 star James Green, former 4 star Cordale Scott, and 3 star JUCO Quintin Robinson.
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

(01-11-2010 10:00 PM)San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Wrote:  
(01-11-2010 04:59 PM)Terry Wrote:  That makes 2 Four Star WR's to start school today, including Cordale Scott the transfer from Illinois.04-cheers

I was going to ask if Scott actually enrolled and started today. If so, what's his eligibility status. Next fall? 2011?

Scott was at classes at UT today. He still has not heard on his appeal to the NCAA for immediate eligibility.
01-11-2010 10:01 PM
Advertisement

Chugalug Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Jealousy gets you no where husknewvan.
I do agree that I am a skeptic about all new recruits, especially JC types.
Buuuuuut, I trust our new coach and his recruiting favorites.
01-11-2010 10:23 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(01-11-2010 04:59 PM)Terry Wrote:  Not only the same high school, but they were in the same graduating class. They probably already know each other's moves & quirks on & off the field.04-rock

This is a very exciting synergy. It looks like we're going to be in pretty good shape at WR. I would say if Dantin is QB the offense is going to look more like the ol' dink & dunk style, but we sure ought to be able to move the football.
01-11-2010 11:16 PM
Rocketime Offline
Special Teams

Green has been around the block a few times. Played high school ball in Miami as a junior and Tallahassee as a senior. Originally committed to USF, then Florida, then Tennessee, then Minnesota, and finally UT. Hope he has his head straight now.
01-11-2010 11:31 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Maybe it was fate. The name Green has a great legacy at the WR position at Toledo.
01-12-2010 12:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.