Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next Bball Game @ WMU
Bookmark and Share
bronco5 Offline
Banned

I Root For: GATechSwagger
Next Bball Game @ WMU
Hey guys - Bronco fan here - obviously.

How have you guys been doing this year? - looks like you guys have things going in the right direction.

Our guys have kinda been on and off. We had a W-L-W-L-W-L thing going on for a while - finally just got a 3 win streak. In our last game agasint Sam Houston - David Kool hit the game winner runner.
He's a Senior, seems like its gone so fast - probably going to end up being MAC POTY. We have a pretty young team - 3 seniors and one junior - although all 3 seniors start. We are definately a better team than last year, we play with more confidence.

I'm looking foward to the MAC Opener - come on down to Kzoo for a good time and a great game.
01-04-2010 01:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Next Bball Game @ WMU
(01-04-2010 01:20 PM)bronco5 Wrote:  Hey guys - Bronco fan here - obviously.

How have you guys been doing this year? - looks like you guys have things going in the right direction.

Our guys have kinda been on and off. We had a W-L-W-L-W-L thing going on for a while - finally just got a 3 win streak. In our last game agasint Sam Houston - David Kool hit the game winner runner.
He's a Senior, seems like its gone so fast - probably going to end up being MAC POTY. We have a pretty young team - 3 seniors and one junior - although all 3 seniors start. We are definately a better team than last year, we play with more confidence.

I'm looking foward to the MAC Opener - come on down to Kzoo for a good time and a great game.

EMU has been playing w/o Dobbins for most of the year. Without him they are very mediocre although Bowdry and Medlock are both capable of taking over a game.

3 seniors in the WMU starting lineup does not equal a young team. And don't hand MAC POTY to Kool just yet. He may lead the MAC in scoring but Bowdry is 2nd and leads the MAC the rebounding.
01-04-2010 01:47 PM
TimBuck2 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: eastern
If he stays healthy it'll be Bowdry. Unless Western goes deep in the tourney.
01-04-2010 02:20 PM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
our season might look alright based on wins and losses, but we've had a very weak schedule so far. It will be a good game. we have a good starting five, but an atrocious bench.

Kool is one of the best players i've ever seen in the MAC (granted, i've only been following the MAC for 9 years). You have a wonderful player there, and it'll be bittersweet for me when he graduates.

If i don't have to work on saturday i'm going to come to k-zoo for the game. i should know today.
01-05-2010 11:13 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

Rams was on the radio this morning. Said that Dobbins is starting light work outs. They are going to be very cautious with him.
01-05-2010 12:06 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(01-05-2010 12:06 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Rams was on the radio this morning. Said that Dobbins is starting light work outs. They are going to be very cautious with him.

Good move.

Remember February 14 is more important then January 14 (and I'm not being a romantic here.).

In the MAC the last 3 weeks of the season + MAC tourney is what it is ultimately about.
01-05-2010 12:57 PM
WMU69 Offline
Banned

I Root For: WMU
Kool is the most talented player in the league. he's going to be MAC player of the year.
01-07-2010 05:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cantwell Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Eagles
Mr. Kool, I think you are mistaken.
01-07-2010 09:42 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2...ter_1.html

Look, a real game preview. Quick! Someone alert our local media outlet that it is possible to cover the MAC. Oh wait, we don't don't have a legit local media outlet.

AnnArbor.com's mantra is "We only want to cover UM but will give EMU token coverage just because we feel obligated and we might sucker the Ypsi folks in to buying a subscription".
01-09-2010 08:57 AM
Advertisement

Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

Humbling loss to WMU today 61-47. What is wrong with this team? Bowdry had only 7 pts in his quest for MVP of the MAC, Kool had many more in a winning effort.

No one has stepped up for EMU. What's with Balkema? 6-10 290 and with one point! His development (God knows he has had the pt with Dobbins out) has been very, very slow.
!
01-09-2010 06:59 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(01-09-2010 06:59 PM)Dennis D. Rachwal Wrote:  Humbling loss to WMU today 61-47. What is wrong with this team? Bowdry had only 7 pts in his quest for MVP of the MAC, Kool had many more in a winning effort.

Wasn't Bowdry in early foul trouble?

if so, that explain a lot. 03-idea
01-09-2010 07:12 PM
emussuperfan Online
Heisman

(01-09-2010 06:59 PM)Dennis D. Rachwal Wrote:  Humbling loss to WMU today 61-47. What is wrong with this team? Bowdry had only 7 pts in his quest for MVP of the MAC, Kool had many more in a winning effort.

No one has stepped up for EMU. What's with Balkema? 6-10 290 and with one point! His development (God knows he has had the pt with Dobbins out) has been very, very slow.
!

Balkema should/needs have a year to develope like most MAC players. Like I stated on other topics this team is slow, you take out Carlos and BeBo and talent drops way off. Hard to win many games playing 2 on 5. or as the case was tonight 2 against 6 the refs where really bad. I would have been kick out og the game easily. I may not stay here and watch the men play I am thinking of going down to Toledo and watch the ladies play.
01-09-2010 07:15 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(01-09-2010 07:15 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  

!

Balkema should/needs have a year to develope like most MAC players. Like I stated on other topics this team is slow, you take out Carlos and BeBo and talent drops way off. Hard to win many games playing 2 on 5. or as the case was tonight 2 against 6 the refs where really bad. I would have been kick out og the game easily. I may not stay here and watch the men play I am thinking of going down to Toledo and watch the ladies play.

Bottom line: EMU is not that good. Undertalented. No more excuses. Win or else!
01-09-2010 07:30 PM
Advertisement

emussuperfan Online
Heisman

(01-09-2010 07:30 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  
(01-09-2010 07:15 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  

!

Bottom line: EMU is not that good. Undertalented. No more excuses. Win or else!

It is going to be more "else" than "wins" I am sorry to say.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2010 07:49 PM by emussuperfan.)
01-09-2010 07:48 PM
emussuperfan Online
Heisman

If the men lose to Toledo Wednsday I will move up to the upper section where I sat during Boones last games, if they will not let me sit up there I will move to highest place I can.
01-09-2010 07:52 PM
Cantwell Offline
Water Engineer

My opinion is that EMU is not as deficient in talent as some would believe. On the defensive end they are respectable if not pretty good a lot of times. Offensively it seems that they cannot create shots for their players. EMu has some pretty good shooters but the offense does not work to get people open like Western did today. The team does not play well together, trust each other or help each other out offensively. Their offense consists of passing the ball around the perimeter before throwing up a 3-ball with a hand in their face. Individuals (Bowdry/Medlock) will often become frustrated and try to do it all themselves which is why Bowdry had a subpar scoring effort. The season is young and we will see how it plays out. We would be completely lost without Medlock....oh what will next year look like?...I am frightened.
01-09-2010 09:51 PM
emussuperfan Online
Heisman

(01-09-2010 09:51 PM)Cantwell Wrote:  My opinion is that EMU is not as deficient in talent as some would believe. On the defensive end they are respectable if not pretty good a lot of times. Offensively it seems that they cannot create shots for their players. EMu has some pretty good shooters but the offense does not work to get people open like Western did today. The team does not play well together, trust each other or help each other out offensively. Their offense consists of passing the ball around the perimeter before throwing up a 3-ball with a hand in their face. Individuals (Bowdry/Medlock) will often become frustrated and try to do it all themselves which is why Bowdry had a subpar scoring effort. The season is young and we will see how it plays out. We would be completely lost without Medlock....oh what will next year look like?...I am frightened.

It is ether talent or coaching.
01-09-2010 10:07 PM
Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

Coach McDowel coaches the Defense and does a pretty good job! His Redford HS teams were always some of the best Defensive teams in the state.
01-10-2010 09:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.