Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WHEW!
Rightupinthere Offline
Mercenary of Churlishness

I Root For: BG 1st; MAC 2nd
WHEW!
I was sweating about this game all week. I did what I had to do and NOT watch the game. The only time I tuned in to the game was during your easy drive to tie. I promptly turned off the feed.

Based up the stats, BG converted UT's mistakes and that was the difference. BG HAS to get better on defense and UT needs to reduce the errors. Your defense holding BG was impressive.

All in all, both programs are headed in the right direction and I see some GREAT games between us in the very near future.

Time for scotch! Dalwhinnie 15 year old anyone? I ran out of moonshine. 03-wink
11-27-2009 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

robroy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: WHEW!
(11-27-2009 08:28 PM)Rightupinthere Wrote:  I was sweating about this game all week. I did what I had to do and NOT watch the game. The only time I tuned in to the game was during your easy drive to tie. I promptly turned off the feed.

Based up the stats, BG converted UT's mistakes and that was the difference. BG HAS to get better on defense and UT needs to reduce the errors. Your defense holding BG was impressive.

All in all, both programs are headed in the right direction and I see some GREAT games between us in the very near future.

Defense held but only after the give aways early on. THis is a painful loss and I am still x@$%&*()@!! off!03-banghead03-banghead
11-27-2009 08:32 PM
Chugalug Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(11-27-2009 08:28 PM)Rightupinthere Wrote:  I was sweating about this game all week. I did what I had to do and NOT watch the game. The only time I tuned in to the game was during your easy drive to tie. I promptly turned off the feed.

You are one wise monkey. My question is why the insecurity in not enjoying the true action of competition.?
Sidenote the props for being wise is you realize which team actually dominated.
11-27-2009 09:13 PM
Rightupinthere Offline

(11-27-2009 09:13 PM)Chugalug Wrote:  

You are one wise monkey. My question is why the insecurity in not enjoying the true action of competition.?
Sidenote the props for being wise is you realize which team actually dominated.
Not seeing nor hearing the entire game doesn't give me the liberty to determine any level of "domination" of one team or another. My job is to NOT watch the games since the team fares far better when I don't watch. I imagine this could be considered being "superstitious." It's rather embarrassing since I'm a skeptic.

I don't know if one team was dominated or not since I was making an appraisal based upon the stats. UT gained more yards, but BG had a shorter field on average [based upon a cursory view of the stats.]
11-27-2009 09:37 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Only one stat that merits dominating, RUIT, and BG won that one 38-24. Congrats to the Falcons. It sucks but UT stiil holds a12-2 edge (86%!) in Fall sports as we put football behind us and head into the really important season of hoops and indoor track (and for my wife's sake, I'll throw in swimming since she is one of two Rockets to ever swim for both the womens and men's team).

I foresee Rocket wins in swimming (easy) indoor track (harder- BG dominates the throws like we dominate distance so the other stuff will tell) and at this point hard to say about hoops. If Anyijong refuses to shoot from inside twenty feet we're in big trouble but BG hasn't shown much yet either. As for the ladies, both teams have had their ups and downs so we'll see-playing in Savage will be more difficult than in recent years.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2009 10:06 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
11-27-2009 10:03 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The stat that really mattered was the turnovers. By my estimation without looking at the real count - it was 7 UT turnovers to 1 by BG. However, it was only one turnover that was a fu%$ing gift from the a$$holes in stripes that cost us the game. I just can't get over it - as they say on ESPN, my chili's still running hot...
11-28-2009 07:07 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(11-28-2009 07:07 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  The stat that really mattered was the turnovers. By my estimation without looking at the real count - it was 7 UT turnovers to 1 by BG. However, it was only one turnover that was a fu%$ing gift from the a$$holes in stripes that cost us the game. I just can't get over it - as they say on ESPN, my chili's still running hot...

Sorry, no. The call was correct. You should know watching Page refusing to go down and breaking tackles all year long.
11-28-2009 09:17 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(11-28-2009 09:17 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(11-28-2009 07:07 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  The stat that really mattered was the turnovers. By my estimation without looking at the real count - it was 7 UT turnovers to 1 by BG. However, it was only one turnover that was a fu%$ing gift from the a$$holes in stripes that cost us the game. I just can't get over it - as they say on ESPN, my chili's still running hot...

Sorry, no. The call was correct. You should know watching Page refusing to go down and breaking tackles all year long.

Refusing to go down doesn't matter. Once forward progress is stopped, as it was, the play is over and should be whistled dead.

Doesn't matter, we put ourselves in a position to lose with all the miscues in the 1st quarter.
11-28-2009 09:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rightupinthere Offline

(11-28-2009 09:50 AM)rocketfootball Wrote:  

Refusing to go down doesn't matter. Once forward progress is stopped, as it was, the play is over and should be whistled dead.

Doesn't matter, we put ourselves in a position to lose with all the miscues in the 1st quarter.
I found a video of the play and went frame by frame. Page caught the pass on the 20. BG defender grabbed him at the 15 and he was stripped at the 10. He went directly down when he reached the ten at the same time the ball popped out. It's really tough to say that his forward progress was stopped at the point the ball was stripped. It wasn't even close to the 3 seconds claimed.
11-28-2009 10:02 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(11-28-2009 10:02 AM)Rightupinthere Wrote:  
(11-28-2009 09:50 AM)rocketfootball Wrote:  

I found a video of the play and went frame by frame. Page caught the pass on the 20. BG defender grabbed him at the 15 and he was stripped at the 10. He went directly down when he reached the ten at the same time the ball popped out. It's really tough to say that his forward progress was stopped at the point the ball was stripped. It wasn't even close to the 3 seconds claimed.

Agreed, no way did that take 3 seconds. Maybe barely over 1. And sorry RF, I had the perfect angle and Page was still moving the pile when the ball came loose. And the officials who were even closer agreed.
11-28-2009 10:50 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2009 10:50 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(11-28-2009 10:02 AM)Rightupinthere Wrote:  I found a video of the play and went frame by frame. Page caught the pass on the 20. BG defender grabbed him at the 15 and he was stripped at the 10. He went directly down when he reached the ten at the same time the ball popped out. It's really tough to say that his forward progress was stopped at the point the ball was stripped. It wasn't even close to the 3 seconds claimed.

Agreed, no way did that take 3 seconds. Maybe barely over 1. And sorry RF, I had the perfect angle and Page was still moving the pile when the ball came loose. And the officials who were even closer agreed.

That's one special 170lb kid.
11-28-2009 11:19 AM
Advertisement

stpeterocketfan Offline
Special Teams

Sheehan and Barnes are graduating. Let the vacuum begin. Dantin and Page are just freshman.
11-28-2009 11:24 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Right - Page was moving the pile with how many BG defenders grabbing onto him?

It doesn't matter if it's 1 second or 3 seconds - that's just a matter of perspective of when his forward progress was stopped. One second is far too much time to wait to blow the damn whistle. What would the call have been if an OL came in and blasted one of those DB's and knocked his a$$ on the ground while they were working to strip the ball??? Any guesses what the call would have been? Do you really think the officials would have let that go even though they didn't blow the whistle yet. Check our game against Ball State for the answer on that. The MAC officials show no consistency in how they call a game, because Cole came in an leveled a Ball State player that was trying to join the pile up to strip the ball from Collins. A 15 yard penalty is what resulted - and the whistle had no been blown.

Try to justify it however you want - it was a ridiculous no call by the officials that could very well have cost us a shot to tie and perhaps win the game.

It's too convenient to argue that because he was not on the ground that he was still moving forward and that only a second or so had transpired. Page had one broken tackle all year that made it on ESPN - the rest of the year he avoided tackles. I can guarantee he was not moving the pile despite your supposed perfect angle. And the officials did not agree with you - YOU are agreeing with them and are simply looking to justify what they called. But, it wouldn't surprise me to find out those idiots took the time to consult with the BG fans before agreeing with what they thought the call should be. .
11-28-2009 12:15 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(11-28-2009 12:15 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Right - Page was moving the pile with how many BG defenders grabbing onto him?

It doesn't matter if it's 1 second or 3 seconds - that's just a matter of perspective of when his forward progress was stopped. One second is far too much time to wait to blow the damn whistle. What would the call have been if an OL came in and blasted one of those DB's and knocked his a$$ on the ground while they were working to strip the ball??? Any guesses what the call would have been? Do you really think the officials would have let that go even though they didn't blow the whistle yet. Check our game against Ball State for the answer on that. The MAC officials show no consistency in how they call a game, because Cole came in an leveled a Ball State player that was trying to join the pile up to strip the ball from Collins. A 15 yard penalty is what resulted - and the whistle had no been blown.

Try to justify it however you want - it was a ridiculous no call by the officials that could very well have cost us a shot to tie and perhaps win the game.

It's too convenient to argue that because he was not on the ground that he was still moving forward and that only a second or so had transpired. Page had one broken tackle all year that made it on ESPN - the rest of the year he avoided tackles. I can guarantee he was not moving the pile despite your supposed perfect angle. And the officials did not agree with you - YOU are agreeing with them and are simply looking to justify what they called. But, it wouldn't surprise me to find out those idiots took the time to consult with the BG fans before agreeing with what they thought the call should be. .

Well, now you're just being silly. There is no consistency as to forward progress being stopped, that is why it is a judgment call!

And I have said that the call could have gone either way. And as I mentioned, the reason he was moving he pile was because BG was pulling at the ball and not mainly grabbing his body or his legs. And there were also rocket players in the scrum who were also pushing the pile too IIRC.

And I certainly think that many a UT fan will wholeheartedly agree that Page is one special player.

Lastly, I don't have to justify anything. If the whistle had blown before the ball had popped out I would probably be pissed as well. Them's the breaks.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2009 12:23 PM by Redwingtom.)
11-28-2009 12:22 PM
El Grande Flippero Offline
1st String

I Root For: BG!! SU!!
The officials didn't get two punts blocked and the officials didn't fumble on their 30. The officials didn't let Willie Geter bust a 62 yard run when a three and out was just about a must. BG made the plays because BG was and is the better team.

For the third year in a row....
11-28-2009 01:31 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

We can complain all we want but there wasn't much sympathy for BG fans who were complaining back when we took three in a row. If we had our special teams together this might be very different discussion. No reason to think we would have done any differently- we have had husge offensive stats pretty much all year but over and over again our special teams have left the defense short field stands. Until we change that, even a strong defensive sffort will come up short.

I didn't see the play with PAge but even if we maintain the ball we still had to get a TD and then 2 xtra or win in OT, IF BG didn't score afterwards. Its like the BG fans that insist they almost beat OSU a few years ago- not even close-too many things would have had to go right. We lose some real offensive talent and , obvioulsy Barry Church and Richmond on the D side. Nevertheless, Dantin looks solid if not,perhaps, much better than solid for the fututre and we have some stability in the defensive backfiels nad the Oline. And at the end of the day it doesn't matter because: HOOPS and INDOOR TRACK season is here!
11-28-2009 01:47 PM
Advertisement

TJRocket Online
All American

Crappies
(11-28-2009 01:31 PM)El Grande Flippero Wrote:  The officials didn't get two punts blocked and the officials didn't fumble on their 30. The officials didn't let Willie Geter bust a 62 yard run when a three and out was just about a must. BG made the plays because BG was and is the better team.

For the third year in a row....

and you're still a lil ***** for (however long you've been around) years in a row.

The fact that you also cheer for the pumpkin and poop just makes you a special lil *****.
11-28-2009 02:12 PM
Rightupinthere Offline

(11-28-2009 12:15 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Right - Page was moving the pile with how many BG defenders grabbing onto him?

As I stated when analyzing the play frame by frame. Page caught the ball at the 20. The BG defender [PJ Mahone] was on him at the 15. Somehow, and obviously magically according to the perception of the Rockette faithful, he made it down to the 10 WHEN he was stripped. The ball was recovered on the 11.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to say for certain that his forward progress was stopped when the ball popped out because you can't tell me the exact point the ball came out. Mahone [5'11 and 200lb] was the only one who truly had Page wrapped up. #86 for Toledo came in to push both Majone and Page forward and ended up pushing them East to West.

I'm not sure I understand why I need to justify myself with repetition and I don't understand why no one will watch the replay frame by frame.

Well, good game and good season. Best of holidays to you all. I'm done with fact based upon observation. Please continue your faith in perception.

Educate yourself and then tell me exactly WHEN you would blow the whistle as a ref:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVxcCDivYzE

It's at the 1:10 mark since you need so much done for you.
11-28-2009 03:40 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(11-28-2009 03:40 PM)Rightupinthere Wrote:  I don't understand why no one will watch the replay frame by frame.

I can tell you why I won't watch the thing frame by frame- that's just a little over the top, no? Frame by frame? I don't even now how I'd do that. They made the call-its over. Frame by frame? 04-jawdrop
11-28-2009 03:44 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
279 days and a wakeup...
11-28-2009 03:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.