Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This week's Matchups
Bookmark and Share
RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
This week's Matchups
Should be an interesting week among SBC teams.

FIU @ Rutgers - If FIU plays well like they did in Tuscaloosa, I think they win this game. Rutgers looked like crap in their opener, and won easily against FCS Howard, who was 1-10 last year, and have only gotten to 6 wins in 2 of the last 9 years.

FAU @ South Carolina - The score at Nebraska was typical. SC had a close win and a close loss, both on the road. FAU has had the week off and more time to prepare. Things could get interesting.

MTSU @ Maryland - Cal beat Maryland like a red-headed stepchild. And it took OT to beat FCS James Madison. JM lost their opener to Duke last year, then ran off 12 straight wins before losing by 8 in the FCS Semifinals in the playoffs. So they're a good FCS team. Maryland surely knows what the Blue Raiders did to Memphis last week. I think with the momentum of that big win, MTSU could win another one against a power 6 school, especially a crappy Maryland team.

NT @ Alabama - #4 in the country for a reason. But it is an early game, and FIU kept it to a 6 point deficit at the half. I hope the Mean Green can keep it the same.

ULM @ Arizona State - The Sun Devils beat up on Idaho State pretty badly. And have had an extra week. While the Warhawks have been on both sides of a blowout playing a pair of Texas schools. The start time is fairly late, which might be more in favor of the home team. But we'll see.

UL @ LSU - The Tigers looked weak against Washington, then posted a 2 TD win over Vandy. Clearly nothing dominant so far this season. Nothing to indicate they are worthy of their 7th in the country ranking. The Cajuns are also undefeated thus far, knocking off Kansas State last weekend. I hope they can ride that momentum into Baton Rouge, silence the "Night time in Death Valley" crap, and finish what Troy couldn't last year. This would be the upset of the year, possibly of all time, for the Belt if the Cajuns can pull it off.

Troy vs. UAB - The 'Rivalry' has been renewed, says the Trojan Athletics website. I just hope the team is as hungry for a win, and especially to the Blazers, as all of us Trojan fans are. It really hurts to say that we're 0-2 the last two times we played. The SBC championships and bowl games are great, but losing to UAB just plain sucks. Go TROJANS!!!

WKU vs. Central Arkansas - The move up has been a painful one, getting outscored 98-20 in the first two games. The Hilltoppers should be able to get things back on track against the D-I-AA opponent.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2009 11:03 AM by RDA Trojan.)
09-17-2009 04:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: This week's Matchups
Arizona State beat Idaho State, a 1aa team in the Big Sky.....not 1a Idaho of the WAC.

If Troy loses to UAB, they deserve the number ONE spot in the ESPN Bottom Ten. Geeze, SMU beat UAB.03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2009 05:16 PM by MeanGreen61.)
09-17-2009 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Date Home Team Score Away Team Score Location Time (CST) Media
Sat, Sep 19 Alabama North Texas Tuscaloosa, Ala. 11:21 a.m. SEC Network

Sat, Sep 19 Troy UAB Troy, Ala. 2:30 p.m. Troy/ISP Network

Sat, Sep 19 Maryland Middle Tennessee College Park, Md. 2:30 p.m. ESPN360

Sat, Sep 19 Rutgers Florida International Piscataway, N.J. 4 p.m. ESPN+

Sat, Sep 19 South Carolina Florida Atlantic Columbia, S.C. 6 p.m. PPV

Sat, Sep 19 LSU Louisiana-Lafayette Baton Rouge, La. 6 p.m. ESPNU

Sat, Sep 19 Western Kentucky Central Arkansas Bowling Green, Ky. 6 p.m.
Sat, Sep 19 Arizona St. ULM Tempe, Ariz. 9 p.m.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2009 05:56 PM by KAjunRaider.)
09-17-2009 05:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Any other TV games and/or networks carrying SBC contests this weekend ?
09-17-2009 05:57 PM
marlonfield Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MT
(09-17-2009 05:55 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Date Home Team Score Away Team Score Location Time (CST) Media
Sat, Sep 19 Alabama North Texas Tuscaloosa, Ala. 11:21 a.m. SEC Network

Sat, Sep 19 Troy UAB Troy, Ala. 2:30 p.m. Troy/ISP Network

Sat, Sep 19 Maryland Middle Tennessee College Park, Md. 2:30 p.m. ESPN360

Sat, Sep 19 Rutgers Florida International Piscataway, N.J. 4 p.m. ESPN+

Sat, Sep 19 South Carolina Florida Atlantic Columbia, S.C. 6 p.m. PPV

Sat, Sep 19 LSU Louisiana-Lafayette Baton Rouge, La. 6 p.m. ESPNU

Sat, Sep 19 Western Kentucky Central Arkansas Bowling Green, Ky. 6 p.m.
Sat, Sep 19 Arizona St. ULM Tempe, Ariz. 9 p.m.

The Troy/uab game is on FSA(foxsports atlantic)
09-17-2009 08:20 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
it is also on CSS
09-17-2009 08:36 PM
Advertisement

SOT1977 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
ULM/Arizona State is also on Fox Sports....somewhere.
09-17-2009 09:59 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
If you're looking for TV coverage, this LSU fan does an exhaustive list updated often and is always there every season. Bookmark it.

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm
09-17-2009 11:38 PM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
(09-17-2009 09:59 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  ULM/Arizona State is also on Fox Sports....somewhere.
ULM/ASU will be on Fox Sports Pacific so I will be at home here in Colorado drinking beer and watching the Warhawks upset those Sun Deveeeels!! 04-cheers
09-18-2009 08:05 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(09-17-2009 05:14 PM)MeanGreen61 Wrote:  Arizona State beat Idaho State, a 1aa team in the Big Sky.....not 1a Idaho of the WAC.

If Troy loses to UAB, they deserve the number ONE spot in the ESPN Bottom Ten. Geeze, SMU beat UAB.03-banghead

The problem is UAB plays right into Troy's weakness, running quarterbacks, and passing games. Troy would normally tear up a weak pass defense, which UAB has, but we haven't been able to get much going in that department.
09-18-2009 08:17 AM
JSinLR Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(09-17-2009 04:27 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  WKU vs. Central Arkansas - The move up has been a painful one, getting outscored 98-20 in the first two games. The Hilltoppers should be able to get things back on track against the D-II opponent.

Note: UCA is an FCS school (formerly I-AA) not a Division II school. As bad as I hate to say it WKU better watch out...UCA is not a push-over. They should have beaten Hawaii.
09-18-2009 09:16 AM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(09-18-2009 09:16 AM)JSinLR Wrote:  Note: UCA is an FCS school (formerly I-AA) not a Division II school. As bad as I hate to say it WKU better watch out...UCA is not a push-over. They should have beaten Hawaii.

I'll be holding my breath over this one.
09-18-2009 09:20 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
I just hope our offense can put up some points.

If FAu puts up 17-21 and has no injuries, I'll be happy.

ANYTHING else is gravy.
09-18-2009 09:37 AM
TulaneLaw Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tulane
RE: A WEEK FOR A HUMONGOUS UPSET
Never since little Applachian State upset mighty Michigan has there been a week where the mighty may fall to a giant killer.

USC plays Washington, winless a year ago without its star QB Matt Barkley and opened a 22 pt favorite and the spread is now 19 in Las Vegas.

LSU plays little University of Louisiana Lafayette whose head Coach came from Va. Tech where his teams were nationally ranked offensively and UL-L is currently 2-0. What a mighty upset that would make to this 26 pt underdog who has not ever beaten the Tigers and not even scored a TD in the last 11 meetings.

Mighty Oklahoma plays instate rival Tulsa without Bradford and the spread has gone up from 14 to 17pts in Las Vegas. Tulsa has a great offense and is one of CUSA's better defensive teams.

The high flying Ole Miss Rebels play tiny Southeastern University of Louisiana who has only returned to football after an 18 year a gap in 2003 and there is no line on the game. Southeastern has scored 110 pts and is undefeated in its last two games against its very week tuneup opponents.

Finally Tennessee is a 30 pt underdog to Florida even though it is a major SEC school.

What do all these schools have in common? Emotions are on the side of the underdog and their opponents could take them forgranted and be emotionally down for the games and when that happens there can be upsets.
09-18-2009 09:50 AM
WKULooseCannon90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
(09-18-2009 09:16 AM)JSinLR Wrote:  Note: UCA is an FCS school (formerly I-AA) not a Division II school. As bad as I hate to say it WKU better watch out...UCA is not a push-over. They should have beaten Hawaii.

I am well aware of the Bears capabilities - I just hope Coach Elson has our boys ready to go for a full 60 minutes of smash-mouth football.
09-18-2009 10:01 AM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

(09-18-2009 09:50 AM)TulaneLaw Wrote:  Finally Tennessee is a 30 pt underdog to Florida even though it is a major SEC school.

What do all these schools have in common? Emotions are on the side of the underdog and their opponents could take them forgranted and be emotionally down for the games and when that happens there can be upsets.

Tennessee has no emotions.....they are walking to the gallows.

UT players are now seeing how much of a loud-mouth idiot their coach really is.
09-18-2009 10:04 AM
Advertisement

TulaneLaw Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tulane
(09-18-2009 10:04 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(09-18-2009 09:50 AM)TulaneLaw Wrote:  Finally Tennessee is a 30 pt underdog to Florida even though it is a major SEC school.

Tennessee has no emotions.....they are walking to the gallows.

UT players are now seeing how much of a loud-mouth idiot their coach really is.

I hope you are wrong for Tennesse fans. When LSU signed Sabine he was cold as a wet fish and was disliked by many. Winning seems to change that
09-18-2009 10:40 AM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

(09-18-2009 10:40 AM)TulaneLaw Wrote:  When LSU signed Sabine he was cold as a wet fish and was disliked by many. Winning seems to change that

I'm curious to see how tolerant the fans will be if this season doesn't turn out like they want it to.

Kiffen may have put together a knock-out staff, but I'm still not convinced he is a good head coach....and his stupidity of calling out the big dogs have supported my thoughts.
09-18-2009 10:46 AM
RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(09-17-2009 05:14 PM)MeanGreen61 Wrote:  Arizona State beat Idaho State, a 1aa team in the Big Sky.....not 1a Idaho of the WAC.

Gotcha. Must not have looked at the schedule that closely. I just saw a score, and must have missed the State or either there was an error at the worldwide leader. I corrected it.
09-18-2009 10:55 AM
RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(09-18-2009 09:16 AM)JSinLR Wrote:  
(09-17-2009 04:27 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  WKU vs. Central Arkansas - The move up has been a painful one, getting outscored 98-20 in the first two games. The Hilltoppers should be able to get things back on track against the D-II opponent.

Note: UCA is an FCS school (formerly I-AA) not a Division II school. As bad as I hate to say it WKU better watch out...UCA is not a push-over. They should have beaten Hawaii.

When did they move up?

LINK
09-18-2009 10:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.