Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Harmon's Forecast Week Two Games
Bookmark and Share
MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Harmon's Forecast Week Two Games
CBS Sportsline Harmon Forecast sez............

Florida 47 Troy 7
USF 38 WKU 13
'Bama 45 FIU 7
Nebraska 41 Arkansas State 8
Kansas State 23 ULL 13
ULM 24 Texas Southern 3
muts 23 Memphis 14
North Texas 20 Ohio 16

Predicts Sun Belt 3-5 for Week 2

IMHO Best Chance for an upset: ULL over Kansas State

HARMON FORECAST
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/8820391
09-08-2009 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
RE: Harmon's Forecast Week Two Games
(09-08-2009 10:51 PM)MeanGreen61 Wrote:  muts 23 Memphis 14

Favored by nine! Go MTSU! 04-cheers
09-08-2009 11:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
I hope. I'm not so sure we can afford to lose this game, as far as our casual fanbase goes. They'll go back to wearing puke arnge.

(09-08-2009 11:52 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

09-09-2009 12:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(09-09-2009 12:00 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  I hope. I'm not so sure we can afford to lose this game, as far as our casual fanbase goes. They'll go back to wearing puke arnge.

How is memphis look this year as far as returning yards/returning key defense?
09-09-2009 12:10 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte

That is some respect!!!
09-09-2009 07:43 AM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Only prediction that gives me real heartburn is ULM-Texas Southern. ULM will easily have that spread before the first half ends.
09-09-2009 08:10 AM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
(09-09-2009 08:10 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Only prediction that gives me real heartburn is ULM-Texas Southern. ULM will easily have that spread before the first half ends.

Well, he probably made that prediction based upon the last couple of years. We beat Grambling 24-7 (but not that close) and we had a our Alcorn St game moved up a day and played in the rain. ULM does have a tendency to play up or down to the competition. However, I think that Revell will play up for the year and not fluctuate like Lancaster and I think the new Defense will give some folks some trouble. I sense a big game on Saturday.
09-09-2009 11:10 AM
WKULooseCannon90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
I am hoping that the Hilltoppers will make more of a game if it against S. Florida this week. I truly don't believe that we are as bad as we looked against UT.
09-09-2009 11:13 AM
sotsclarinet08 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY
(09-09-2009 11:13 AM)WKULooseCannon90 Wrote:  I am hoping that the Hilltoppers will make more of a game if it against S. Florida this week. I truly don't believe that we are as bad as we looked against UT.

I think you guys can bring home the Win. The Tennessee game was expected... It was your first game of the season and first in FBS. We'll all be rooting for ya and I hope you guys get a great crowd. Having USF at your stadium will definitely help and props to your AD for getting them to come to you!

Go SBC! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2009 12:23 PM by sotsclarinet08.)
09-09-2009 12:21 PM
Advertisement

WKULooseCannon90 Offline
Special Teams

(09-09-2009 12:21 PM)sotsclarinet08 Wrote:  
(09-09-2009 11:13 AM)WKULooseCannon90 Wrote:  I am hoping that the Hilltoppers will make more of a game if it against S. Florida this week. I truly don't believe that we are as bad as we looked against UT.

I think you guys can bring home the Win. The Tennessee game was expected... It was your first game of the season and first in FBS. We'll all be rooting for ya and I hope you guys get a great crowd. Having USF at your stadium will definitely help and props to your AD for getting them to come to you!

Go SBC! 04-cheers

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
09-09-2009 12:35 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
USF seems to be really open to travelling to other schools.

FAU
FIU
WKU

Not sure if its because they were where we are not to long ago or what.

Whatever the reason, I am thankful for it. Nice to have a AQ school willing to visit the non-AQ confrence stadiums

04-clap2
09-09-2009 12:36 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

They don't draw jack and can't afford to buy games.
09-09-2009 12:48 PM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(09-09-2009 12:48 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  They don't draw jack and can't afford to buy games.

That's kind of relative don't you think? I mean we played them and they had a nice crowd of around 40,000 at Raymond James. Not sure what they average but by bringing in Big East opponnents it shouldn't be too bad. We'd like to have their 'jack'.

But I think you're right, they don't yet have the deep pockets of an SEC, Big 10 or upper eschelon Big 12 or PAC 10 school. So I don't think they can't compete for 4 or 5 home games at $750k a clip like some of the others can, so they have to hit the road some.
09-09-2009 02:39 PM
Advertisement

Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
Yeah, the ULM score is really low. I expect the ULM score to be more like:
ULM 52
TSU 10
09-09-2009 03:44 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(09-09-2009 12:48 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  They don't draw jack and can't afford to buy games.

ESPN agrees with you:

USF Athletics neeeeds mo' allowance, yodle-e-hiiiii-hooooo.

Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett

There are far more interesting games on the schedule this week, but there may not be a weirder listing than this: South Florida at Western Kentucky.

What in the heck are the Bulls doing traveling to Bowling Green for a road game against a team that just moved up to full-time FBS status? South Florida is the first school from a BCS conference to play at Western Kentucky, and it's not even a 3-for-1 or a 2-for-1 type of deal. This is a straight home-and-home series, with the Hilltoppers scheduled to return the game to Tampa next year.

How did this happen? Well, like most things, the explanation starts with money.

South Florida's athletic department isn't flush with cash like, say, an SEC school. The Bulls had already agreed to pay FCS team Wofford $300,000 to come in and play sacrificial lamb. With Florida State and Miami on the docket and a planned in-state rivalry date against Florida International, South Florida wanted another, uh, manageable game.

Problem is, every school in the country is trying to buy these games, so lower-level FBS teams from the Sun Belt and others hold all the cards. They're often charging $600,000 or more to go on the road without a return date.

Add in the fact that Big East schools must schedule five nonconference games instead of the four that most other leagues have, and that becomes a financial burden. And so all of that led the Bulls to agree to play at an FBS newbie with a 22,000-seat stadium.

"It's so hard to find teams to play you," Leavitt said. "And to buy teams to come into your place, you have to pay an awful lot of money. We're just not in a position right now where we can do that. So we've had to play some teams like this and travel. It's something you'd rather not do, but that's the way it is."

The decision to play Western Kentucky made even more financial sense after Florida International dropped out of its contract to play Rutgers. The Bulls then had to go and pay for another home game and wound up writing a $450,000 check to a second FCS team, Charleston Southern.

Will Western Kentucky provide any kind of hurdle at all to South Florida? In their first game as a full-fledged FBS member, the Hilltoppers lost 63-7 at Tennessee on Saturday. But Leavitt said that's not a true representation of their ability.

"You throw a lot of it out," he said. "It was [Lane] Kiffins's opening game at Tennessee, and there were probably 100 million people screaming. So it was a very difficult challenge."

Leavitt has compared this game for his team to last year's game at Florida International. Like Western, FIU had a record crowd in a newly-expanded stadium. The Bulls escaped with a 17-9 win.

Wofford played South Florida close last week for a half before the Bulls ran away for a 40-7 win. With another FCS foe next week before the showdown at Florida State, it would only be human nature for the players to let their minds wander. Leavitt is trying to guard against that.

"We've got to have great focus," he said. "We've got to be better than we were last week."
09-09-2009 05:43 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Oh don't you just pity the poor Rich Six programs that have to go on the road for an OOC game to play "teams like this".

Life is not fair, is it?

Real damn shame.

(09-09-2009 05:43 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  

ESPN agrees with you:

USF Athletics neeeeds mo' allowance, yodle-e-hiiiii-hooooo.

Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett

There are far more interesting games on the schedule this week, but there may not be a weirder listing than this: South Florida at Western Kentucky.

What in the heck are the Bulls doing traveling to Bowling Green for a road game against a team that just moved up to full-time FBS status? South Florida is the first school from a BCS conference to play at Western Kentucky, and it's not even a 3-for-1 or a 2-for-1 type of deal. This is a straight home-and-home series, with the Hilltoppers scheduled to return the game to Tampa next year.

How did this happen? Well, like most things, the explanation starts with money.

South Florida's athletic department isn't flush with cash like, say, an SEC school. The Bulls had already agreed to pay FCS team Wofford $300,000 to come in and play sacrificial lamb. With Florida State and Miami on the docket and a planned in-state rivalry date against Florida International, South Florida wanted another, uh, manageable game.

Problem is, every school in the country is trying to buy these games, so lower-level FBS teams from the Sun Belt and others hold all the cards. They're often charging $600,000 or more to go on the road without a return date.

Add in the fact that Big East schools must schedule five nonconference games instead of the four that most other leagues have, and that becomes a financial burden. And so all of that led the Bulls to agree to play at an FBS newbie with a 22,000-seat stadium.

"It's so hard to find teams to play you," Leavitt said. "And to buy teams to come into your place, you have to pay an awful lot of money. We're just not in a position right now where we can do that. So we've had to play some teams like this and travel. It's something you'd rather not do, but that's the way it is."

The decision to play Western Kentucky made even more financial sense after Florida International dropped out of its contract to play Rutgers. The Bulls then had to go and pay for another home game and wound up writing a $450,000 check to a second FCS team, Charleston Southern.

Will Western Kentucky provide any kind of hurdle at all to South Florida? In their first game as a full-fledged FBS member, the Hilltoppers lost 63-7 at Tennessee on Saturday. But Leavitt said that's not a true representation of their ability.

"You throw a lot of it out," he said. "It was [Lane] Kiffins's opening game at Tennessee, and there were probably 100 million people screaming. So it was a very difficult challenge."

Leavitt has compared this game for his team to last year's game at Florida International. Like Western, FIU had a record crowd in a newly-expanded stadium. The Bulls escaped with a 17-9 win.

Wofford played South Florida close last week for a half before the Bulls ran away for a 40-7 win. With another FCS foe next week before the showdown at Florida State, it would only be human nature for the players to let their minds wander. Leavitt is trying to guard against that.

"We've got to have great focus," he said. "We've got to be better than we were last week."
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2009 12:10 AM by KAjunRaider.)
09-10-2009 12:09 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(09-09-2009 05:43 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  

ESPN agrees with you:

If they want to be right, they agree with me. 02-13-banana
09-10-2009 08:58 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

We double our total yards this week to 175 yards but we lose:

WKU 10

USF 49
09-12-2009 11:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.