Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good TV exposure for Sun Belt
Bookmark and Share
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
Good TV exposure for Sun Belt
I get to watch 2 Belt teams in three days on TV. First was NT beating Ball st. Thursday night and now WKU today against Tennnesse. The WKU game will be shown on the SEC Network today at 11:21 P.M. 02-13-banana I hope WKU has as good a showing as NT did. Lets make it 2-0 on TV this week.05-mafia
09-05-2009 07:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKULooseCannon90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
RE: Good TV exposure for Sun Belt
Sorry to disappoint you Fanatic!
09-06-2009 07:54 AM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(09-05-2009 07:09 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  I get to watch 2 Belt teams in three days on TV. First was NT beating Ball st. Thursday night and now WKU today against Tennnesse. The WKU game will be shown on the SEC Network today at 11:21 P.M. 02-13-banana I hope WKU has as good a showing as NT did. Lets make it 2-0 on TV this week.05-mafia

Actually a pretty rough night for the SB with WKU, MTSU and FAU's thrashing. The SB did no better than good FCS schools against FBS teams. The SB needs new members that have proven they can win on the field. App State and GSU are teams that have dominated the FCS at one point and with the ability to attract more talent at the FBS level they could help the SB a lot. Outside of Troy and possibly FAU it is just extremely tough for the other schools in the conference to improve significantly since there are so many other schools in their home state to compete for talent with. And now with USA and Troy competing for talent in AL, it will only dillute the talent level of the SB's best program. I know everyone will hate this post but that is the truth.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2009 08:59 AM by GSU Eagles.)
09-06-2009 08:58 AM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-06-2009 08:58 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  
(09-05-2009 07:09 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  I get to watch 2 Belt teams in three days on TV. First was NT beating Ball st. Thursday night and now WKU today against Tennnesse. The WKU game will be shown on the SEC Network today at 11:21 P.M. 02-13-banana I hope WKU has as good a showing as NT did. Lets make it 2-0 on TV this week.05-mafia

Actually a pretty rough night for the SB with WKU, MTSU and FAU's thrashing. The SB did no better than good FCS schools against FBS teams. The SB needs new members that have proven they can win on the field. App State and GSU are teams that have dominated the FCS at one point and with the ability to attract more talent at the FBS level they could help the SB a lot. Outside of Troy and possibly FAU it is just extremely tough for the other schools in the conference to improve significantly since there are so many other schools in their home state to compete for talent with. And now with USA and Troy competing for talent in AL, it will only dillute the talent level of the SB's best program. I know everyone will hate this post but that is the truth.

If all you care to do is be a world class jerk and constantly post such dribble, then my preference is that you post only on the Smack Board. Actually it was a pretty rough day for the MAC as well; you going to post your comments on their board as well?

MAC Board is here:
http://ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=472
09-06-2009 09:07 AM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(09-06-2009 09:07 AM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  

If all you care to do is be a world class jerk and constantly post such dribble, then my preference is that you post only on the Smack Board. Actually it was a pretty rough day for the MAC as well; you going to post your comments on their board as well?

MAC Board is here:

Manzano - You are always a class act so I didn't mean to offend you. I just think the SB could benefit from a couple of historically strong FCS teams but it seems people on here are so offended at the idea of an FCS team being invited to the conference. I'm just making the point that there are good FCS teams out there whereas many on here believe the worst SB team is much better than the best FCS teams. By the way, I think the SB is better than the MAC and has a lot more upside potential.
09-06-2009 09:17 AM
MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-06-2009 09:17 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  

MAC Board is here:

Manzano - You are always a class act so I didn't mean to offend you. I just think the SB could benefit from a couple of historically strong FCS teams but it seems people on here are so offended at the idea of an FCS team being invited to the conference. I'm just making the point that there are good FCS teams out there whereas many on here believe the worst SB team is much better than the best FCS teams. By the way, I think the SB is better than the MAC and has a lot more upside potential.

GO HOME. WE'RE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR CONSTANT FCS (1AA) DRIBBLE. TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2009 09:33 AM by MeanGreen61.)
09-06-2009 09:19 AM
Advertisement

ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-06-2009 09:17 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  

MAC Board is here:

You know that I think GSU is a very fine school; I have nothing but respect and admiration for what you guys have accomplished and I think you guys should move up to FBS. You have, IMHO, outgrown your conference (except Appy of course) and you will make a good addition to an FBS conference, when your leaders decide it is time to move up.

Until your President and AD make the commitment to move up, contacts the SBC, and asks to be considered for membership, then all your posts are for naught.

GSU's President and AD must convince the existing SBC Presidents that GSU brings far more to the table than a football team. Conference membership is based upon all aspects of the university.

Always remember the old saying 'You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar'. It is not always what one says so much as how one says it.

All I am saying is please tone down your negative posts or post them only on the Smack Forum.

Attacking the Jags who played their first ever football game, had a great crowd, won the game handily, and fired up their fan base does not make SBC fans respect GSU and want GSU as a conference mate. I know you love your school and your intent is not to make others dislike GSU, but that is the impact your posts are having.

Best of luck to GSU this year; I hope you guys beat Appy, win the SoCon, and take yet another FCS title . . . 04-cheers
09-06-2009 10:08 AM
theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
GSUEagles,
You don't have the money or the facilities to play I-A.

Until you do, take your ass back to little league.
09-06-2009 12:31 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
WKU was a sound I-AA program brought into the SBC football.

I am sure APPY and GS would both make good additions to SBC football (would do NOTHING for basketball), but like Manzano said, your administration hasn't stepped up. So, if you think you deserve to be in I-A and SBC, express that to your administration and not random fans on a message board.

And when/if that happens, you will find the transition it much more difficult than you think.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2009 02:55 PM by galojah.)
09-06-2009 02:55 PM
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
(09-06-2009 02:55 PM)galojah Wrote:  WKU was a sound I-AA program brought into the SBC football.

I am sure APPY and GS would both make good additions to SBC football (would do NOTHING for basketball), but like Manzano said, your administration hasn't stepped up. So, if you think you deserve to be in I-A and SBC, express that to your administration and not random fans on a message board.

And when/if that happens, you will find the transition it much more difficult than you think.

That is what concerns me about Texas State's move up.

Our teams had success in the 80s, decided that should move to FCS, and then flopped like a fish until 2005. We got things back on track, and we are trying to take it to the next level. However, I know that 20 years of losing seasons caused apathy with our fanbase. I am concerned what impact a move to FBS will have.

I can only hope that our AD has already started a dialog with the SBC brass so that we can be 04-cheers in the near future.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2009 06:23 PM by chrisattsu.)
09-06-2009 06:22 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-06-2009 06:22 PM)chrisattsu Wrote:  
(09-06-2009 02:55 PM)galojah Wrote:  WKU was a sound I-AA program brought into the SBC football.

That is what concerns me about Texas State's move up.

Our teams had success in the 80s, decided that should move to FCS, and then flopped like a fish until 2005. We got things back on track, and we are trying to take it to the next level. However, I know that 20 years of losing seasons caused apathy with our fanbase. I am concerned what impact a move to FBS will have.

I can only hope that our AD has already started a dialog with the SBC brass so that we can be 04-cheers in the near future.

Since Texas State has announced their desire to move up, your leaders have made a commitment to facilities, and your fan base is supportive of the move up, I strongly suspect that your leaders have been in contact with the SBC's and UNT's leaders for quite awhile now. I cannot imagine that TSU's leaders are not being proactive in finding you an FBS conference home.

Good luck to TSU !!!! 04-cheers
09-06-2009 08:32 PM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Can we please get rid of this GaSouthern jerk-off.

Tired of reading the dribble, and bashing of MY conference.
09-06-2009 10:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
The Mods are handling the Ga. Southern posters who have been problematic.
09-07-2009 11:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueRaiderFan111 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
I think MT did well compared to the other losses from our conference mates...relatively speaking.
09-07-2009 05:06 PM
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
(09-07-2009 05:06 PM)BlueRaiderFan111 Wrote:  I think MT did well compared to the other losses from our conference mates...relatively speaking.

FAU lost badly but I also saw the Owls push around the Nebraska D line for part of the game, run somewhat effectively and put up a bunch of passing yards.

First downs ... FAU 22 ... Neb 22
Rushing ... FAU 122 ... Neb 259
passing ... FAU 238 ... Neb 231
Total yards ... FAU 358 ... Neb 490
Turnovers ... FAU 3 ... Neb 1
Penalties ... FAU 11/67 ... Neb 9/96
Time of Possession ... FAU 32:10 ... Neb 27:42
09-07-2009 08:29 PM
MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-07-2009 08:29 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  
(09-07-2009 05:06 PM)BlueRaiderFan111 Wrote:  I think MT did well compared to the other losses from our conference mates...relatively speaking.

FAU lost badly but I also saw the Owls push around the Nebraska D line for part of the game, run somewhat effectively and put up a bunch of passing yards.

Unfortunately statistics mean ZIP. The only thing that is usually remembered about a game is the final score. How ya get there really doesn't matter, as long as ya win.
09-07-2009 08:34 PM
Advertisement

BlueRaiderFan111 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
I was surprised by that game. I really thought you guys would do much better.
09-07-2009 09:00 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(09-07-2009 08:29 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  

Those stats are exactly what gives me hope this weekend.
Do you know what quarter most of the starters left?
09-07-2009 09:16 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(09-06-2009 08:58 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Actually a pretty rough night for the SB with WKU, MTSU and FAU's thrashing. The SB did no better than good FCS schools against FBS teams. The SB needs new members that have proven they can win on the field. App State and GSU are teams that have dominated the FCS at one point and with the ability to attract more talent at the FBS level they could help the SB a lot. Outside of Troy and possibly FAU it is just extremely tough for the other schools in the conference to improve significantly since there are so many other schools in their home state to compete for talent with. And now with USA and Troy competing for talent in AL, it will only dillute the talent level of the SB's best program. I know everyone will hate this post but that is the truth.

You really are being a jerk. I guess you just don't get it. You can't throw stones at us without us getting bent out of shape. I don't see how that's not obvious...

You're, I don't know...socially akward?
09-07-2009 09:17 PM
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
Many of the Nebraska starters left in the fourth, but FAU moved the ball all game long, only to mess up with a mistake each time. The backup QB ran well and many of the Nebraska passing yards came late. The Nebraska coach spoke well of a challenge with Arkansas State. Go Wolves.
09-07-2009 10:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.