Bookmark and Share
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
stAte announces football game replay package
ASU Extends Radio Contract with EAB, Announces Football Game Replay Package

Courtesy: ArkansasState
Release: 07/28/2009

JONESBORO (7/28/09) – The Arkansas State University Athletic Department announced Tuesday it has extended its radio contract with East Arkansas Broadcasters and also secured an unprecedented agreement with area cable providers to replay ASU football games, which together will bring about a dramatic increase in the visibility of Red Wolves football and give the athletic department its largest coverage area in school history.

ASU teamed up with EAB last season that made KFIN 107.9 FM, a 100,000-watt radio station located in Jonesboro, the new flagship station and home of Red Wolves’ football broadcasts. Last year’s agreement placed ASU football broadcasts back on a 100,000-watt flagship station for just the second time in school history and the first time since games were aired on ASU’s campus station, KASU.

“We are delighted we’ve been able to extend our radio contract with East Arkansas Broadcasters,” said ASU Director of Athletics Dr. Dean Lee. “The Red Wolves’ fan base continues to grow and the Arkansas State Radio Network provides a first-class production that brings ASU sporting events to an ever-growing listening audience.”

“East Arkansas Broadcasters is pleased to continue its commitment to the university, its athletic program and to help make the Arkansas State Radio Network as good as any other in the entire state,” said Bobby Caldwell, owner and CEO of East Arkansas Broadcasters.

Along with affiliate station KABF 88.3 FM in Little Rock, the Red Wolves will have two 100,000-watt anchor stations broadcasting the games in 2009. KFIN’s signal reaches parts of Tennessee, Missouri and a large portion of Arkansas, while KABF signal covers the entire Central Arkansas region.

The Arkansas State Radio Network’s listening area now covers the entire eastern half of Arkansas from border to border as well as parts of west Tennessee and the Bootheel of Missouri, giving more ASU football fans the opportunity to follow Red Wolves football during the upcoming season.

In addition to its radio contract with EAB, ASU has reached deals with several cable providers, which have a total subscriber count of over 100,000 households and businesses, to replay its football games. The replays will be televised on the ASU campus and in over 110 towns and cities across northeast and central Arkansas as well as Missouri. ASU replays could only be seen in Jonesboro, Bay and on campus last year, marking an increase of over 100 towns and cities in 2009.

“We continue to grow and expand our valuable partnership with ASU as we continue to grow in Northeast Arkansas and other parts of the state,” said Suddenlink System Manager Deanna Hornback. “This year we’re pleased to launch access to replays of all ASU football games in Batesville, Heber Springs, Mountain Home and Newport, as well the communities we have provided ASU TV for in the Jonesboro and Pocahontas areas. Games from the previous weekend will be seen on our local programming channel at 7 p.m. the Thursday after each game. This is just another way we’re proud to support ASU sports.”

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArtic...=204766347

Go SBC !!!! 02-13-banana
07-28-2009 06:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

RE: stAte announces football game replay package
Still can't get the replay where I live which is 10 miles south of Jonesboro. We have Ritter cable and not Suddenlink. Why won't ASU sign with Ritter and get another 50,000 homes that are within 50 miles from Jonesboro?

Forget what I said above. I just found out that Ritter will carry th show. 02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2009 07:52 AM by statefanatic.)
07-28-2009 09:15 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(07-28-2009 09:15 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  Still can't get the replay where I live which is 10 miles south of Jonesboro. We have Ritter cable and not Suddenlink. Why won't ASU sign with Ritter and get another 50,000 homes that are within 50 miles from Jonesboro?

Forget what I said above. I just found out that Ritter will carry th show. 02-13-banana

You asked the question backwards. ASU is giving the replays F R E E to any cable company that will take them. Glad to hear Ritter was able to come up with the money for the replays. 03-lmfao
07-29-2009 09:16 AM
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(07-29-2009 09:16 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(07-28-2009 09:15 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  Still can't get the replay where I live which is 10 miles south of Jonesboro. We have Ritter cable and not Suddenlink. Why won't ASU sign with Ritter and get another 50,000 homes that are within 50 miles from Jonesboro?

You asked the question backwards. ASU is giving the replays F R E E to any cable company that will take them. Glad to hear Ritter was able to come up with the money for the replays. 03-lmfao

even if its free, Ritter still pays the cost of putting it on the air. The replay will be shown on a channel that is usually an local ad channel payed for by locals. 2 hours of ad space lost is 2 hours of money lost.
07-29-2009 10:07 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(07-29-2009 10:07 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  even if its free, Ritter still pays the cost of putting it on the air. The replay will be shown on a channel that is usually an local ad channel payed for by locals. 2 hours of ad space lost is 2 hours of money lost.

They are allowed to insert ads into the replays. Fewer spots but charging more because more people see them. I hope Ritter can survive that.
07-29-2009 11:01 AM
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(07-29-2009 11:01 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(07-29-2009 10:07 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  even if its free, Ritter still pays the cost of putting it on the air. The replay will be shown on a channel that is usually an local ad channel payed for by locals. 2 hours of ad space lost is 2 hours of money lost.

They are allowed to insert ads into the replays. Fewer spots but charging more because more people see them. I hope Ritter can survive that.

You got what I was saying all wrong. Now listen carefully. I was complaining that ASU didn't involve Ritter then retracted my statement when I found out they did. I know you feel a need to be right all the time ,but sometimes just let be. I corrected my misstake without your input. I'm glad Ritter has decided to show ASU replay since I only live 10 miles from Jonesboro and couldn't watch it last year.
07-29-2009 01:09 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Unwad your drawers. You corrected and I didn't call you out on it.

You said there was a cost to Ritter in giving up ad time, I pointed out more viewers equals the ability to charge more. How does that equal always needing to be right??????

I don't know how the hell that offended you.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2009 01:56 PM by arkstfan.)
07-29-2009 01:56 PM
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
I live outside of Russellville. How can I catch replays of the games?
07-29-2009 02:10 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(07-29-2009 02:10 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I live outside of Russellville. How can I catch replays of the games?

Do you have cable? If not, you don't have an option.
07-29-2009 03:21 PM
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

(07-29-2009 03:21 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(07-29-2009 02:10 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I live outside of Russellville. How can I catch replays of the games?

Do you have cable? If not, you don't have an option.
I've got Dish.
07-29-2009 10:27 PM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

drive to Jonesboro and watch them personally 02-13-banana
07-30-2009 11:08 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

(07-30-2009 11:08 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

drive to Jonesboro and watch them personally 02-13-banana
Thanks for your help.
07-31-2009 06:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.