Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hilltopper Insider - Diddle Arena???
Bookmark and Share
algopher Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: USA
Hilltopper Insider - Diddle Arena???
What happened to that Scout site? Had a question to pose on their, but I seen only one post after 3/18 and figured it might be a waste of time. Or did they let you all get on Hilltopper Haven now?
06-24-2009 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
RE: Hilltopper Insider - Diddle Arena???
(06-24-2009 10:52 AM)algopher Wrote:  What happened to that Scout site? Had a question to pose on their, but I seen only one post after 3/18 and figured it might be a waste of time. Or did they let you all get on Hilltopper Haven now?

They started up a rivals site and now neither is doing very well. Its been a rough road for alternative WKU boards. There was a site here on NCAAbbs that was popular for a while, but it died when the Scout site started up and then the Scout site kind of died when the administrator realized that he had a real life, and then it pretty much died when the Rivals site started up. And the rivals site just never has taken off like the other two did in thier day.

So anyway... what was your question?
06-24-2009 05:12 PM
algopher Offline
Water Engineer

What a litany of events. OK, for the question. Somewhere I read that y'all are with the IMG College management group also. IMG has entered into an agreement with USA as well and begin their take over or what ever it is suppose to be called 1 July. It seems very comprehensive on what they are suppose to do. What changes did you all see when they took over if you can remember? Just trying to get an idea what is ahead of us and what type of upheavals we'll see.

Thanks in advance.
06-24-2009 05:29 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(06-24-2009 05:29 PM)algopher Wrote:  What a litany of events. OK, for the question. Somewhere I read that y'all are with the IMG College management group also. IMG has entered into an agreement with USA as well and begin their take over or what ever it is suppose to be called 1 July. It seems very comprehensive on what they are suppose to do. What changes did you all see when they took over if you can remember? Just trying to get an idea what is ahead of us and what type of upheavals we'll see.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what is different. I think we got a new play by play guy, we switched radio stations I think. I'm sure there are a lot of differences behind the scenes but I am hard pressed to name any really sweeping changes.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2009 08:37 PM by Hilltopper2K.)
06-24-2009 08:32 PM
Advertisement

algopher Offline
Water Engineer

Thanks for the information. I know of one fellow that is in the radio end and is watching ernestly. I guess it is a good situation for all concerned now that the football program gets going. On one station we play third fiddle to the two SEC schools in the state because of revenue that they can generate. There signal is questionable even though it is FM, and we've had another station switch from music to all talk format recently and they've had a great signal. Our new SID came from WKU I think last fall, so he's getting his feet wet. A new AD is suppose to be named on 1 Sept is the scuttlebutt. Quite a few changes going on now in a short amount of time.
06-25-2009 10:09 AM
condray Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
One major event that occurred because of the deal with IMG was we changed over all of our streaming internet content to a pay provider. Thus far there have been more negative reviews than positive on that. You used to be able to listen to the games via a free audio broadcast from one of the local radio stations on-line. That's no longer available. Now you have to go through WKU sports site.

However, now there is video to go with the audio. That is, if it will actually work. There have been several times where the main company will forget to flip on the video feed, so all you'll have is the audio. There have been a lot of fans get "stranded" by the feeds as well. They'll work for a little while and then just quit. It happened to me a couple of times when I was on the road but wanted to watch the games.

The best part is IMG increased our market reach. There are more radio stations carrying our games then we've ever had.

I think, once all the kinks are really worked out (and I hope they are working on them) that this deal will be one of the best in the nation. We've already got a pretty sweet deal, as all of our men's basketball games are televised via Fox College Sports. Now, if they can get the internet media working without problems, then almost all bases will be covered.
06-25-2009 03:40 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
Each IMG contract is different. A lot will depend on what existing contracts you have.

The main thing IMG will take over is sales of your advertising and marketing. They will control your inventory of advertising, etc. Your radio guy will likely be employed by them now and will also be a sales person. (We did not change radio personnel because of IMG, Mike Legg quit to pursue a non-radio career), IMG could eventually handle all game-day activities. IMG could eventually take over your sports website. Their contracts are very negotiable, it depends on what USA wants them to do. They have slowly taken responsibility for more and more here. It has been a good thing for us. More revenue more promotion, etc. IMG is able to bundle USA advertising in with other schools when they approach a company. So they might sell advertising to Frito Lay and include USA, Auburn, and UAB... (not sure if they are IMG schools, but you get the point).

Worth saying, they work hand in hand with your athletic department. They don't just take over. IMG will have employees working within your athletics office.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2009 02:46 PM by galojah.)
06-27-2009 02:44 PM
algopher Offline
Water Engineer

Thanks for all of your replies. I think the radio contract might expire from what I hear. "Branding" of USA has been seriously lacking even locally. For anyone to get any Jag gear you've got to go to the campus book store. Once in a while you may find a piece of Jag gear out in another store, which almost seems to be by accident. So far our announcing team seems ok to me considering the market. Some of the fans are looking at new voices for football. There hasn't been anything said yet if this falls non-classified football schedule will be broadcast. I think the relationship with IMG College will be a positive step for us. Again, thanks for all the input.
06-27-2009 03:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.