Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

President Hussein making good on campaign promises
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
President Hussein making good on campaign promises
Remembering some of what President Hussein said.

1. We can't continue to keep our homes and 74 degrees in the winter and 70 in the summer and expect the world to solve global warming. President Hussein's solution CAP AND TRADE which will increase the average power bill by a factor of 4.

2. We can't continue to drive our SUV's and expect the world to solve global warming. President Hussein's solution SEIZE two of the big three auto companies and DICTATE what kind of cars the can build.

3. We need to bring lasting peace to the Middle East. President Hussein's solution blame it all on Israel.

4. We have to start paying for programs and eliminate the national debt. Preasident Hussein's solution put the U.S. on a path to a the National Debt being equal to 100% of GDP.

5. We have to lower health care cost and provide access to everyone. President Hussein's solution create a program that rations care and limits treatment doctor's are premitted to prescribe.
06-06-2009 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
RE: President Hussein making good on campaign promises
(06-06-2009 07:37 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Remembering some of what President Hussein said.

1. We can't continue to keep our homes and 74 degrees in the winter and 70 in the summer and expect the world to solve global warming. President Hussein's solution CAP AND TRADE which will increase the average power bill by a factor of 4.

2. We can't continue to drive our SUV's and expect the world to solve global warming. President Hussein's solution SEIZE two of the big three auto companies and DICTATE what kind of cars the can build.

3. We need to bring lasting peace to the Middle East. President Hussein's solution blame it all on Israel.

4. We have to start paying for programs and eliminate the national debt. Preasident Hussein's solution put the U.S. on a path to a the National Debt being equal to 100% of GDP.

5. We have to lower health care cost and provide access to everyone. President Hussein's solution create a program that rations care and limits treatment doctor's are premitted to prescribe.
First, His name is not President Hussein. It is President Barack Hussein Obama
1. BS
2. BS
3. BS
4. BS
5. BS
06-07-2009 12:54 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(06-07-2009 12:54 AM)RobertN Wrote:  First, His name is not President Hussein. It is President Barack Hussein Obama
1. BS
2. BS
3. BS
4. BS
5. BS

Yes, his name is indeed Hussein - it's right there on that bogus certificate of live birth he parades in front of us.

On statements 1 thru 5 why are they BS? I think those comments are legit.
06-07-2009 10:21 AM
egoboss407 Offline
Banned

I Root For: free speech
Why won't he show us his birth certificate? He must be a hidden radical muslim that was born in muslandia. Right wing wacko.
06-07-2009 11:10 AM
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(06-07-2009 11:10 AM)egoboss407 Wrote:  Why won't he show us his birth certificate? He must be a hidden radical muslim that was born in muslandia.

Or perhaps he was born from a Jackal?
06-07-2009 11:31 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-07-2009 10:21 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(06-07-2009 12:54 AM)RobertN Wrote:  First, His name is not President Hussein. It is President Barack Hussein Obama
1. BS
2. BS
3. BS
4. BS
5. BS

Yes, his name is indeed Hussein - it's right there on that bogus certificate of live birth he parades in front of us.

They may all have a grain of truth(very small grain) but the spin he put on them is completly wrong.
06-07-2009 12:10 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-07-2009 12:10 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
1. BS
2. BS
3. BS
4. BS
5. BS

They may all have a grain of truth(very small grain) but the spin he put on them is completly wrong.

Why, didn't President Hussein say we were going to have to change our living standard to help end the "global warming" crisis? Didn't he say that he had no problem with High Energy cost he just wanted the increase over a period of time to his liking? Hasn't he already signed an executive order for unrealistic fuel standards? Haven't his advisors openly stated the National debt will be at least 100% of GDP for about 10 years? Isn't part of his health care program to trim costs by eliminating "unnecessary treatments" as determined by the gubment? Explain how these statements are wrong, or are two letter responses the best a sophisticated NIU grad can do?
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2009 05:01 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
06-07-2009 04:00 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
1. BS
2. BS
3. BS
4. BS
5. BS

Please restate them with what you believe to be the appropriate spin. Or is substantive commentary still beyond you?
06-07-2009 04:51 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Silence is all you can get

Trip you are right on the money. Your No Spin, HusseinMessiah has openly stated exactly. And when you look at his appointments, he is moving full force in that direction. To our peril.
06-07-2009 05:04 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
But wait, it even gets better..... (or worse in my case)This sounds like Hillary Care on Steroids [/b]

Democrats Weigh Health Mandate as Obama Urges Taxing Wealthy

By Laura Litvan and Ryan Donmoyer

June 7 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama wants Congress to consider taxing the wealthy instead of workers to pay for a health-care overhaul, as House Democrats discuss a plan to require health insurance for most Americans.

The Obama administration stepped up efforts to influence health-care legislation today as advisers David Axelrod and Austan Goolsbee appeared on television talk shows to discuss the issue.

The president is trying to avoid broad-based levies such as a Senate proposal to tax some employer-provided health benefits Axelrod said. Instead he is urging lawmakers to reconsider limiting all tax deductions for Americans in the highest tax brackets.

“He made a very strong case for the proposal that he put on the table, which was to cap deductions for high-income Americans, and he urged them to go back and look at that,” Axelrod said on the CNN’s “State of the Union.” Goolsbee, appearing on “Fox News Sunday,” said Obama is “mindful” about how “ordinary Americans are able to foot the bills” and never proposed taxing employee benefits.

House Democrats are weighing a new proposal in response to Obama’s call for legislation to be enacted by August. An outline of the plan obtained by Bloomberg News would require Americans to have insurance with some exceptions.

It would probably exempt those who can prove they can’t find an affordable policy. There could be a tax penalty for those with adequate financial resources who don’t elect to get insurance, according to the outline.

Group Rates

The outline suggests consumers who have individual health insurance policies that they like could keep them. Still, it says that “by and large” the nation’s market for individually purchased health insurance policies would move to a new federally operated exchange. It would permit both individuals and employees of small firms to buy policies at less expensive group rates.

“States will have the option to run a state exchange but the default will be a national exchange,” according to the outline.

Karen Lightfoot, a spokeswoman for House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Henry Waxman, a California Democrat whose panel is working on a proposal, said the document that is circulating is not the official work of the committee.

All House Democrats will be briefed June 9 on the details of a single piece of legislation that three House committees will work on, with the House slated to act by the end of July. The proposal is part of a broader push by Democrats in Congress to complete a revamp of the U.S. health-care system by an early fall timetable set by Obama.

Kennedy’s Approach

In the Senate, health committee chairman Edward Kennedy has an early draft of legislation that also includes a so-called “individual mandate,” and would require all employers to supply health insurance for workers or contribute to the cost of a plan.

Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, would also create a public health plan to compete with private insurers, a priority of Obama’s that is opposed by Republicans, and would bar insurers from limiting coverage.

The effort to overhaul health-care would affect a sector that makes up 17 percent of the U.S. economy. The goal of Democratic supporters is to provide insurance to most of the nation’s 46 million uninsured, and lower the soaring cost of care. A key challenge is the potential impact of legislation on an already rising U.S. budget deficit that may reach $1.8 trillion this year.

Axelrod, speaking on CNN today, said the ultimate goal of legislation is to reduce costs.

“We have to bring down the cost of health care,” he said. “If we do that and make it affordable, people are going to buy it, mandate or no mandate.”

Lawmakers have a plethora of proposals to raise the hundreds of billions estimated to be needed for an overhaul, including new taxes on soda, beer, and wine, and a partial tax on employer-provided health insurance for the first time. The tax-free nature of employer-provided insurance is the biggest tax expenditure in the federal budget.

Taxing Cap Deductions

Obama’s own proposal would set a 28 percent cap on tax deductions for items such as mortgage interest, investment expenses and charitable gifts for Americans in the two highest tax brackets, which would be 36 percent and 39.6 percent under his proposals. Without the cap, they would be able to deduct 36 cents and 39.6 cents on the dollar for those expenses, respectively.

Obama also proposes new taxes on securities dealers and life insurers, and to raise revenue by prohibiting certain estate-planning techniques.

House Democrats intend, like Kennedy, to include a new government program to provide health-care to a portion of the uninsured who don’t already qualify for Medicare or Medicaid, according to the outline.

While the lawmakers continue working out the details, they intend the new program to operate through the exchange and for both the public program and private insurance policies to have the same basic benefits.

Helping the Poor

House Democrats want to improve the Medicaid health-care system for the poor, including a uniform benefits package and “improved” provider payments. They are weighing whether to add people who are near the poverty level to Medicaid or to provide subsidies to allow them to purchase their own policies.

The plan would place new restrictions on private insurers, including a bar on excluding coverage for those with “pre- existing conditions.”

The legislation would seek to get some cost savings from Medicare and Medicaid, including incentives for doctors to coordinate their care and get bonuses for improving quality, according to the outline.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=2...=worldwide
06-07-2009 06:12 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Obama won't be happy until the government, HIS government, has all the money and doles it out to us with an eye dropper.
06-07-2009 09:56 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
Why would anybody start a small business with these foolish Democrats running the country. If you hire a maid, a lawncutter, a paperboy, pool guy, nanny, and handyman you will be required to provide a health care plan too in addition to the restaurant workers you have. Good luck having any profit and avoiding bankruptcy when the customers can no longer afford to eat out. offcourse the taxes and fees associated with having a business will rise too. Many business owners will say f-it go retire and move to Obama Beach. That's what all those retires in Florida did. They said F the Democrats and went south to play golf, tennis, fish, sit at the pool or on the boat. They quit while they were ahead and saw how saying in business was bad for business. Close the doors and f-it. They will sell their stocks and move to Obama beach where they don't have to fool with running a business. Democrats answer to every problem is tax the large and small business owners. Its always business owners fault when those employees are laid off. The Democrats want health care for all americans, but they don't want all americans to pay for it. They want the wealthy and the business owners to pay for it.
06-07-2009 10:56 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-07-2009 04:00 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  
1. BS
2. BS
3. BS
4. BS
5. BS

Why, didn't President Hussein say we were going to have to change our living standard to help end the "global warming" crisis? Didn't he say that he had no problem with High Energy cost he just wanted the increase over a period of time to his liking? Hasn't he already signed an executive order for unrealistic fuel standards? Haven't his advisors openly stated the National debt will be at least 100% of GDP for about 10 years? Isn't part of his health care program to trim costs by eliminating "unnecessary treatments" as determined by the gubment? Explain how these statements are wrong, or are two letter responses the best a sophisticated NIU grad can do?
I can do better than a Marshall grad that is for damn sure. Two things we know about Marshall, the education recieved is community college level at best and Marshall cheats(that is why they got kicked out of the MAC twice). Sure. He wants to end gw but he doesn't say we have to change our lifestyle-that is bs. The cost of energy may go up but there are conflicting amounts it will go up(if it does). So your 4x is spin. Unrealistic fuel standards? A fleet average of 35 is NOT unreasonable. You can still buy your redneck Camaro. THat won't go away. You may lose a few choices but you will still be able to find a car/truck to your liking. Note all the current GM cars they claim make over 30 mpg. They don't need to do a lot to get the fleet to 35 mpg. I would venture to guess that most of the technology is there to do it(and probably better the 35 mpg). I am not sure I have heard that about the GDP but I suspect it is not "for 10 years" but "in 10 years". I also assume they say something about if there are no cuts(just a guess but prove me wrong). I have not heard that about a government plan but it currently occurs daily with the insurance companies(yet the CEO's make billions and get bonuses for cutting services to make the company more profitable. Sounds like there may be no difference if that is the case.
06-08-2009 12:51 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(06-07-2009 10:56 PM)OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:  Why would anybody start a small business with these foolish Democrats running the country. If you hire a maid, a lawncutter, a paperboy, pool guy, nanny, and handyman you will be required to provide a health care plan too in addition to the restaurant workers you have. Good luck having any profit and avoiding bankruptcy when the customers can no longer afford to eat out. offcourse the taxes and fees associated with having a business will rise too. Many business owners will say f-it go retire and move to Obama Beach. That's what all those retires in Florida did. They said F the Democrats and went south to play golf, tennis, fish, sit at the pool or on the boat. They quit while they were ahead and saw how saying in business was bad for business. Close the doors and f-it. They will sell their stocks and move to Obama beach where they don't have to fool with running a business. Democrats answer to every problem is tax the large and small business owners. Its always business owners fault when those employees are laid off. The Democrats want health care for all americans, but they don't want all americans to pay for it. They want the wealthy and the business owners to pay for it.
Nice spin. Feeling dizzy yet? Why do you think that single payer is what many want? It takes most insurance costs out of businesses hands(they may see a slight tax increase-but probably not-but their costs would go down MORE than they would increase).
06-08-2009 12:58 AM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-08-2009 12:51 AM)RobertN Wrote:  I can do better than a Marshall grad that is for damn sure. Two things we know about Marshall, the education recieved is community college level at best and Marshall cheats(that is why they got kicked out of the MAC twice). Sure. He wants to end gw but he doesn't say we have to change our lifestyle-that is bs. The cost of energy may go up but there are conflicting amounts it will go up(if it does). So your 4x is spin. Unrealistic fuel standards? A fleet average of 35 is NOT unreasonable. You can still buy your redneck Camaro. THat won't go away. You may lose a few choices but you will still be able to find a car/truck to your liking. Note all the current GM cars they claim make over 30 mpg. They don't need to do a lot to get the fleet to 35 mpg. I would venture to guess that most of the technology is there to do it(and probably better the 35 mpg). I am not sure I have heard that about the GDP but I suspect it is not "for 10 years" but "in 10 years". I also assume they say something about if there are no cuts(just a guess but prove me wrong). I have not heard that about a government plan but it currently occurs daily with the insurance companies(yet the CEO's make billions and get bonuses for cutting services to make the company more profitable. Sounds like there may be no difference if that is the case.

Typical liberal, living in blissful ignorance, let me try to educate you.

First Obama did not say a lifestyle change he inferred a living standard change quoted below.

Quote:Pitching his message to Oregon's environmentally-conscious voters, Obama called on the United States to "lead by example" on global warming, and develop new technologies at home which could be exported to developing countries.

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.

"That's not leadership. That's not going to happen," he added.

End to US standard of living

Ben Bernanke a key Obama advisor is warning of the Debt to GDP ratio at 100% for a decade.

Quote:Most importantly, Bernanke also raised concern about our impending debt-to-GDP ratio of 70%, which is well below the Obama administration's (probably optimistic) forecast of 100% for the next decade.

Bernanke Freaks Out About Obama's Spending and Debt Plans

But don't let facts get in the way of you ignorant liberal rant. 01-wingedeagle
06-08-2009 04:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.