Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Would you eat a tarantula for your loved ones?
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Would you eat a tarantula for your loved ones?
Quote:Former Illinois Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich says it’s difficult watching his wife, Patti, fill in for him on a reality show, but he appreciated the former Illinois first lady’s televised exercise in tarantula-eating as an “act of love.”

“She's making a sacrifice because she loves her kids,” Blagojevich told CNN’s Larry King Wednesday night. “Eating that tarantula like she had to is an act of love. It's a sign that this is a mother who loves her children.”

After being removed from office for allegedly trying to sell President Barack Obama’s former Senate seat, Blagojevich was barred from participating in the Costa Rica-based reality show by a Chicago judge while he awaits trial.

Blagojevich said he was disappointed by the judge’s decision but that he and his wife decided she had to take his place in order to help pay the family’s bills.

In the show’s first episode, Patti Blagojevich ate a dead tarantula as part of a competition and later prayed with "The Hills’" Heida and Spencer Pratt that her husband’s name would be cleared.

“I sure would have liked to have been the one to have to do some of the things that, unfortunately, Patti has to do,” the removed governor said. “It's, you know, with mixed feelings that I watch that. It's difficult to see her have to do something like this.”

“But it's a way for us to make a living as we rebuild our lives, keep our kids in the same school that they're in, stay in the same home that they've lived in for the past eight years and try to keep as much of a normal life for our children as possible, even though we have this short period of time in the month of June that their mom is gone,” he said.

With his wife has been out of the country, Blagojevich said he has struggled with his newfound role as a stay-at-home dad.

“I'm now discovering how difficult her life has been on a day- to-day basis, since I'm the primary care-giver with our two little girls,” he said. “It's amazing how sometimes we take for granted what moms do and parents who care for their kids on a day-to-day basis.”

Blagojevich admitted that Bear Necessities, a child health care charity, turned down an offer from him and his wife to donate part of her potential reality show winnings.

“They turned us down and I certainly respect that,” he said. “It's not surprising.”

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/2009060...tico/23344

Quote of the year material right there.
06-04-2009 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Would you eat a tarantula for your loved ones?
Weird. We had this conversation in my house a few days ago (w/o the TV show). Somehow eating spiders came up at dinnertime, and my older son said tarantulas are a delicacy in some places. If that's the case, then what's the big deal?
06-04-2009 01:47 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

I have eaten at least as bad in the Bush, so chompin' down on a Spider wouldn't be much of a leap.

And yeah, don't they fry them up in some countries and put them on little Punji Sticks and sell them on street corners as snacks ???

06-04-2009 04:56 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
The monkeys on a stick in Olongapo were about as far as I ever actually went.

I did get a bit of indigestion once, from snails in Dakar, Senegal. A friend told me that anyone who ate snails in Senegal deserved a stomach ache.
06-04-2009 05:16 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Patti Blagojevich is being exploited, the same way Rod Blagojevich has done his whole life for money. Now it's to his family and wife, for money. Sounds like a pimp. I cannot wait until they put Rod in jail.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2009 05:24 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
06-04-2009 05:23 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I wonder how the spider met its end? Was it humanly killed or did it suffer a cruel and painful demise? Does PETA know about this? Was there a disclaimer saying no animals or bugs were harmed during the making of that show? People want to know.

Just goes to show you there's a market for the infamous just as much as the famous.
06-04-2009 09:13 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(06-04-2009 05:23 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Patti Blagojevich is being exploited, the same way Rod Blagojevich has done his whole life for money. Now it's to his family and wife, for money. Sounds like a pimp. I cannot wait until they put Rod in jail.

I can't wait until Rod goes to jail either. What money he has left from his scams will be used to buy him protection from the guys in his Pod.
06-05-2009 06:42 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(06-05-2009 06:42 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  
(06-04-2009 05:23 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Patti Blagojevich is being exploited, the same way Rod Blagojevich has done his whole life for money. Now it's to his family and wife, for money. Sounds like a pimp. I cannot wait until they put Rod in jail.

I can't wait until Rod goes to jail either. What money he has left from his scams will be used to buy him protection from the guys in his Pod.

he is just going to love the JailHouseCock.
06-05-2009 08:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.