Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If You HAD to...
Bookmark and Share
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
If You HAD to...
If you had to be a fan of another Sun Belt team which one would you pick and why?

I would pick Western Kentucky now that they are playing with the big boys in football. I would be able to catch all of the home games living in Nashville and year in and year out they are competitive in most sports.
05-26-2009 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
RE: If You HAD to...
I think I might go DU, because I love the city, they have a beautiful campus, and they have championship caliber hockey.

UNT would be second because I like thier colors and logo.

BTW... what a strange topic.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2009 08:11 PM by Hilltopper2K.)
05-26-2009 08:10 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(05-26-2009 07:59 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  If you had to be a fan of another Sun Belt team which one would you pick and why?

I would pick Western Kentucky now that they are playing with the big boys in football. I would be able to catch all of the home games living in Nashville and year in and year out they are competitive in most sports.

Warhawks or Cajuns for me.

But, really, I am a fan of ALL Sun Belt schools when playing OOC,whether it's football, hoops, or tobacco spittin'.

I'd love for WKU to make it to the College World Series, along with MT, and we could settle that rainout on the field in Omaha.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2009 08:50 PM by KAjunRaider.)
05-26-2009 08:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueRaiderFan111 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
I grew up in the 70's spending the Summers on my grandmother and grandfathers farm in Brantley, Alabama. Well, really it was outside of Brantley about 5 miles down a dirt road. Brantley was "the city." I spent my Summers helping them share crop. I picked peas, squash, cucumbers and shucked and shelled corn and peas, pulled the push plow when they strapped me into it to tend the family garden, got the eggs from the coup, raked the dirt in the yard, filled up the kettle and ladle hanging on the side of the shade tree in the front yard, and hoed the garden once every day or two and helped with canning. I even helped grandma make pickles and fill the steel bathtub on the back porch so I could take a bath, followed by my brothers in the same water. I've even eaten squirrel stew. So, I guess I'm going to have to go with Troy. (Shhh...don't tell anyone03-shhhh)
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2009 09:10 PM by BlueRaiderFan111.)
05-26-2009 09:06 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
South Alabama. Use to go to a bunch of USA basketball games when I was younger and my dad was doing his residency there. Always have had a soft spot for USA.
05-26-2009 09:31 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
UALR, got my second degree from there and the arena is about 20 minutes from my house. But I'd rather be a DU fan and live 20 minutes from their arena.
05-26-2009 11:02 PM
Advertisement

Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
FIU for the scenery. Middle Tennesse because my brother-in-law played baseball there until he graduated this year. I really am pulling for WKU and MT in baseball. Looking for some respect to come to the SBC in every sport.
05-26-2009 11:41 PM
WKULooseCannon90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
MTSU - because my son will be attending there in the fall and it is a great lookig campus with very lively fans and students.
05-27-2009 07:15 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
i'd say Louisiana. great food, good people, awesome mascot.
05-27-2009 07:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
MTSU......I know and admire quite a few of their fans....and it's only 30 minutes away from me.
05-27-2009 08:24 AM
condray Offline
2nd String

FIU or FAU, just for the "scenery" and the fact that they need more fan support. Also, it wouldn't be that bad to live close to either one.

Outside of those two, I guess I'd have to go with UNT. A lot of WKU fans have a lot of respect for the Albino Squirrels and hope the rivalry just gets stronger. Also, one of my wife's co-workers is a Mean Green Grad. Every time I mention them she's screams out "Cawww Cawww!!"
05-27-2009 08:41 AM
Advertisement

perfectgame1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ualr baseball
i was a mtsu fan before (friend is a prof there) but i know some kids that go to a state. so its a toss up. ualr baseball is my team and they had a great recruiting class this year with the addition of late signes.
05-27-2009 08:52 AM
WKUMose Offline
Water Engineer

Probobly South Al., we went down for the Sunbelt Basketbal tourney and had a great time.
05-27-2009 08:54 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
For me it would proably be Troy, followed by ASU

Troy: Ive admired what theyve done with thier program and the NFL caliber of players that have been coming out of there lately.

stAte: When I first started jawing with confrence mates about the Belt and FAU I found that a LOT of the stAte fans have insights into the confrence.
05-27-2009 09:43 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
It a toss up between FIU and MTSU. Both programs have the ability to be great. Fiu is in the heartland of football recruiting and MT is strong in every sport.
05-27-2009 12:09 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(05-27-2009 08:41 AM)condray Wrote:  FIU or FAU, just for the "scenery" and the fact that they need more fan support. Also, it wouldn't be that bad to live close to either one.

Outside of those two, I guess I'd have to go with UNT. A lot of WKU fans have a lot of respect for the Albino Squirrels and hope the rivalry just gets stronger. Also, one of my wife's co-workers is a Mean Green Grad. Every time I mention them she's screams out "Cawww Cawww!!"

When I come to Hot Springs this year, I'll have to bring some North Texas shirts for you and dahbeed.

This year, when we finally get payback for the past two tournaments, you can indulge your fantasy of being a Mean Green fan for the rest of the tournament. And I want to make sure you guys are dressed for the part. 03-razz
05-27-2009 02:11 PM
Advertisement

condray Offline
2nd String

You know you get nothing but love from Dahbeed and I! Then only non-WKU related folks we like to see more are FIU's cheerleaders! 03-wink

Well, and maybe, just maybe, KajunRaider. He's good peeps.
05-27-2009 03:25 PM
coldthrilla Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: the Hilltoppers
toss up b/w Troy and USA
05-28-2009 11:39 AM
T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn
North Texas:

- best academics in the SBC (only FB members considered)
- Football (the potential is there)
05-28-2009 01:15 PM
ULMSOT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM
Troy, I love their band!
05-28-2009 05:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.