Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NAP on climate change
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
NAP on climate change
Quote:New from the National Academies: Ecological Impacts of Climate Change
Climate change is affecting ecosystems right in your own backyard. This colorful 28-page booklet illustrates examples of ecological changes happening across the United States, explains key scientific concepts, and explores the roles and responsibilities of human beings.

Roles and responsibilities, eh? That doesn't sound like science. Nope, that sounds a lot like ETHICS. And ethics is in the realm of philosophy and religion. It is definitely NOT science.

So, is climate change science or religion? And remember, we all know that those don't mix.
05-26-2009 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: NAP on climate change
I've never believed that climate change is caused by humans. I do believe, in fact, that man pollutes the air (check LA) and that effects our health and the health of animals.
05-26-2009 05:42 PM
GRPunk Offline
Beer Evangelist

I Root For: WMU
From the semantic side, are you sure the author is explaining what "role" he or she feels humans play in climate change and what humans are "responsible" for in relation to said change?
05-26-2009 05:53 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(05-26-2009 05:42 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I've never believed that climate change is caused by humans.

You're right, it's caused by lambs.

Quote:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/en...350237.ece

GIVE up lamb roasts and save the planet. Government advisers are developing menus to combat climate change by cutting out “high carbon” food such as meat from sheep, whose burping poses a serious threat to the environment.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2009 09:03 PM by smn1256.)
05-26-2009 09:02 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(05-26-2009 05:42 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I've never believed that climate change is caused by humans. I do believe, in fact, that man pollutes the air (check LA) and that effects our health and the health of animals.

As do I. I also believe this ball of dirt knows how to cleanse itself and has for billions of years. Anything "we" do is akin to those fools that all wanted to jump at the same time on the same day, to push us a little further out into orbit. F'n morons all. We're peons in the grand scheme of things in terms of planetary evolution.
05-26-2009 09:10 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU007 Online
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I'm not too concerned about affecting the solid earth (other than surface features) but I'd hate to assume that we can't affect the atmosphere, and then find out that we were wrong. We can certainly affect the local atmosphere with our pollution.
05-26-2009 09:59 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
How old are you? Do you remember the 70's? It's MUCH cleaner today than it was then. I don't buy any of that bull****.

Oh, and if "Glowbull Warming" caused the rain we've received the past few months, I'd say that it ain't a bad thing. My lake is back up to full pool. Bring on the Glowbull Warming.
05-26-2009 10:02 PM
Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Online
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(05-26-2009 10:02 PM)Rebel Wrote:  How old are you? Do you remember the 70's? It's MUCH cleaner today than it was then. I don't buy any of that bull****.

Oh, and if "Glowbull Warming" caused the rain we've received the past few months, I'd say that it ain't a bad thing. My lake is back up to full pool. Bring on the Glowbull Warming.

And why is it cleaner? Partly I'm sure because much of the manufacturing has moved to China and other countries. It sure as heck isn't cleaner in China, or India. Partly also because those hated environmentalists pushed regulations to keep companies from dumping filth into the streams at every opportunity. Which may be part of the reason manufacturing moved, since it costs money to cut down on emissions of pollution, and they don't have to worry about that as much in other countries.

And I never said anything about global warming or rain. You know about the actions of scientists and government and others causing unintended consequences. I'm pretty sure there are things we are doing that are having effects that we simply are not aware of yet. We thought asbestos was safe. Lead. Smoking was recommended by doctors at one time, for various maladies. I'm just trying to keep an open mind on it because there's so much we don't know.
05-26-2009 10:36 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
So white roofs are better than black roofs?

Don't tell Jesse. . .
05-27-2009 09:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.