Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FAU vs Troy, FIU, and most likely ULL on CSS this year.
Bookmark and Share
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
FAU vs Troy, FIU, and most likely ULL on CSS this year.
Courtesy of OwlAccess

At least three on TV
Florida Atlantic will have at least three football games on TV this season.

by Marcus Nelson

Florida Atlantic will have its football games at Troy, at FIU and one other game, possibly the game at Louisiana-Lafayette, televised this season, according to Athletic Director Craig Angelos.

“I like that we'll have some road games televised and I hope people will still come to the FIU game and not stay at home to watch it on TV,” Angelos said from Destin, where he is attending Sun Belt Conference meetings this week, where the TV schedule was finalized.

Angelos said he is also trying to have the FAU season opener at Nebraska on Sept. 5 and the game at South Carolina on Sept. 19 shown in South Florida, as well.

“We are still working to get some of the guarantee games televised as well, but we have to deal with the Big 12 and the SEC on those,” Angelos said.

The Owls play the Trojans on Nov. 21 and FIU on Dec. 5 and the game vs. The Ragin’ Cajuns is Oct. 24. The games will likely be on CSS.

After appearing on ESPN2 in midweek games twice last season, FAU was not selected to play in the Sun Belt Conference games on national TV this season.

Athletic Directors are also discussing the number of games on the conference football schedule when South Alabama joins the league in 2013. The Sun Belt is exploring either playing an eight or nine-game schedule.

Sun Belt teams have played seven conference games, but will play eight league games when Western Kentucky joins the SBC this season. With South Alabama expected to join the conference as the 10th member in football in 2013, it’s possible the conference schedule will be nine games.

However, in a 12-game schedule that would mean one less non-conference game, which can bring more money to each school.

“I think it would be advantageous to play nine games, but you have to get that balance of home and away games,” Angelos said. “It would probably mean playing one less home-and-home game against a team from Conference USA.”

While discussion began this week, no decision on the number of games is expected during the meetings.

The conference is also exploring changing the conference schedule of 18 games to possibly either 16 or 14 conference games in men’s basketball. Also under consideration is having all rounds of the men’s and women’s basketball tournament played at the site of the finals instead of the current format of having the first round games at campus sites.
--------------------------------

Very good news!
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2009 01:11 PM by OwlFamily.)
05-20-2009 01:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
RE: FAU vs Troy, FIU, and most likely ULL on CSS this year.
I would be afraid that would kill the attendance for the FIU game?
05-20-2009 01:31 PM
OwlFamily Offline

(05-20-2009 01:31 PM)Hemi Man Wrote:  I would be afraid that would kill the attendance for the FIU game?

Its possible, will certainly depend upon the conditions as well, although that time of year its usually beautiful down here.

Do you think the same can be said for Troy fans at our game? I know there are attendance struggles as well when the team is on TV and at home.
05-20-2009 01:34 PM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(05-20-2009 01:34 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  
(05-20-2009 01:31 PM)Hemi Man Wrote:  I would be afraid that would kill the attendance for the FIU game?

Its possible, will certainly depend upon the conditions as well, although that time of year its usually beautiful down here.

Do you think the same can be said for Troy fans at our game? I know there are attendance struggles as well when the team is on TV and at home.

Certainly it will. We have as big a problem with those issues as anyone.
05-20-2009 01:54 PM
Advertisement

OwlFamily Offline

(05-20-2009 01:54 PM)Hemi Man Wrote:  Certainly it will. We have as big a problem with those issues as anyone.

03-banghead
05-20-2009 01:59 PM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(05-20-2009 01:59 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  
(05-20-2009 01:54 PM)Hemi Man Wrote:  Certainly it will. We have as big a problem with those issues as anyone.

03-banghead

Maybe with the rivalry building between the two schools people will want to come and take it all in. You guys seemed to have a good turnout last year for our game down there?

You coming up for the game OF?
05-20-2009 02:24 PM
OwlFamily Offline

(05-20-2009 02:24 PM)Hemi Man Wrote:  
(05-20-2009 01:59 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  

03-banghead

Maybe with the rivalry building between the two schools people will want to come and take it all in. You guys seemed to have a good turnout last year for our game down there?

You coming up for the game OF?

Nope03-weeping

Dont get to travel much outside of watching FIU lose at thier place. 03-nutkick

Definately want to get up to Troy and the others some day.

The young plague rats at home make travelling difficult for the moment.
05-20-2009 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.