Bookmark and Share
MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
FB: UNT picks up 2nd 2010 verbal committment
Skyline duo commitment to UNT

08:27 AM CDT on Thursday, May 14, 2009
By Brett Vito / Staff Writer

Javia Hall has his entire senior season to develop and consider where he wants to spend his college football career.

Barring a change of heart, the Dallas Skyline junior is headed to North Texas, where he is convinced he has found the right fit for his skills as a spread quarterback.

Hall (6-2, 175) committed to UNT this week along with teammate Graylan Hawkins, an offensive lineman who will also be a senior in the fall.

Oral commitments are non-binding. The first day recruits in the Class of 2010 can sign national letters of intent is Feb. 3.

Hall said he would continue to listen to other coaches who are interested in signing him, but that his soft commitment is one he foresees honoring.

“I fit real well in their system and their program is on the rise,” Hall said. “I feel comfortable with [head coach Todd] Dodge and [offensive coordinator Todd] Ford. Coach Dodge knows what it takes to succeed and won a lot of state titles while he was a high school coach.”

Dodge brought his spread offense to UNT from Southlake Carroll, where he won four state titles in his last five seasons.

Hall said UNT recruited him as a quarterback, where he has played throughout his career.

“I am a good fit for their offense,” Hall said. “I have played under center, but started working out of the shotgun when I got to high school.”

Rivals.com rates Hall No. 25 among pro-style quarterbacks nationally. He threw for 1,379 yards and 18 touchdowns with eight interceptions last season, when he was a second-team All-District 9-5A selection.

Hawkins (6-4, 240) was a first-team All-District 9-5A pick. He said he chose UNT over interest from Utah, Okla-homa State and UTEP.

“North Texas is really close to home and the coaches made me feel like I belong there,” Hawkins said.

UNT recruited Hawkins as a tackle.

“They want me to put on weight over the next couple of years and think that I have the frame to do that,” Hawkins said.

The addition of Hall and Hawkins gives UNT a pair of players from the Dallas ISD, where Dodge said he would place emphasis in recruiting when he took over the program.

UNT also signed two DISD players in its last recruiting class, defensive back DaWaylon Cook of Samuell and wide receiver Willie Taylor of Hillcrest.
05-14-2009 12:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

trojanblood Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
RE: FB: UNT picks up 2nd 2010 verbal committment
Congrats to NT...good luck on the upcoming season and good job with such great athletes.
05-14-2009 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.