Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Teams that could surprise, good and bad . . . FIU 'n FAU
Bookmark and Share
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Teams that could surprise, good and bad . . . FIU 'n FAU
SUN BELT

Luck is turning: Florida International (5-7). Third-year coach Mario Cristobal quickly has turned FIU into a respectable Sun Belt program. After going 1-11 in 2007, the Golden Panthers won five games last season and could have built on that total: FIU went 1-3 in games decided by eight or fewer points.

Luck is running out: Florida Atlantic (7-6). FAU is the first Sun Belt team to reach consecutive bowl games since North Texas did it from 2001-04. But the Owls have gone 8-2 in one-score games in the past two seasons, including 5-2 in league play. The Owls were 4-1 in games decided by seven or fewer points last season.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conten...CID=939879
04-30-2009 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

I Root For: FAU
RE: Teams that could surprise, good and bad . . . FIU 'n FAU
oh yeah, because rivals knows everything, piece of crap site!!!

We'll see when the season starts, our offense is better than ever and "our luck is up"...

PFFT! 05-mafia
04-30-2009 09:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(04-30-2009 09:34 AM)NCowl Wrote:  oh yeah, because rivals knows everything, piece of crap site!!!

We'll see when the season starts, our offense is better than ever and "our luck is up"...

PFFT! 05-mafia

yeah, but you're defense loses a ton of playmakers, including the nations leading or second leading tackler. I think your defense will lose you guys some games. Though I think you guys have a chance to be good on defense, it has yet to be seen though...
04-30-2009 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(04-30-2009 12:18 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  yeah, but you're defense loses a ton of playmakers, including the nations leading or second leading tackler. I think your defense will lose you guys some games. Though I think you guys have a chance to be good on defense, it has yet to be seen though...

I tend to agree, but some leaders emerged from Spring practice and I hope well be able to at least have the same level that we did last year. The D could be very Jekyl and Hyde just like last year.

It still a silly stat on any level IMHO.

I once heard a Miami radio station talking about the canes during one of there National Championship years that talked about close game.

"The diffrence between a Championship team and the rest is this. The Championship Team finds ways to win games they REALLY should of lost"
04-30-2009 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.