Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spring Game
Bookmark and Share
OldJaguar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: USA
Spring Game
USA held its firdt spring game today. It was actually a controlled scrimmage. Attendance was just over 8,000.
On a side note season ticket sales are right at 5,000.
Small steps I know compared with existing programs, but exciting to those of us who wave waited for this day.

We also got the first public look at the uniform.
04-10-2009 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
RE: Spring Game
(04-10-2009 11:00 PM)OldJaguar Wrote:  USA held its firdt spring game today. It was actually a controlled scrimmage. Attendance was just over 8,000.
Small steps I know compared with existing programs, but exciting to those of us who wave waited for this day.

Just like with Western, I'm eager to see you guys take the next step and come in as full D-1 conference members.

Enjoyed my visit to Mobile for last year's basketball tournament, and I'm eager to come see you guys play (a hopefully resurgent) North Texas team when you finish the process.
04-10-2009 11:34 PM
MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(04-10-2009 11:00 PM)OldJaguar Wrote:  USA held its firdt spring game today. It was actually a controlled scrimmage. Attendance was just over 8,000.

8,000 attendance for your first Spring game is great. Kudos to your admin for the great progress you folks have made in a very short time. Keep up the good work !04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2009 11:38 PM by MeanGreen61.)
04-10-2009 11:37 PM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I'm so sorry I missed it. I've seen about half of the practices but tonight I had to work and just couldn't get out of it. At Fabacher's (Near campus -- a MUST for ANY fan) I heard the attendence was more like 9,000. Not bad for an "unclassified varsity NCAA" school's first scrimmage, eh?
04-11-2009 01:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(04-11-2009 01:33 AM)airtroop Wrote:  I'm so sorry I missed it. I've seen about half of the practices but tonight I had to work and just couldn't get out of it. At Fabacher's (Near campus -- a MUST for ANY fan) I heard the attendence was more like 9,000. Not bad for an "unclassified varsity NCAA" school's first scrimmage, eh?

I know weren't that many even last year at Troy's spring game when attendance was pretty good (3,000+). I'd say that's very very good. How many of us in the sunbelt could have matched that?

Hopefully that will translate into actual attendance as well. This will ensure a full house anytime the Troy vs South Alabama game is played. New big rivalry? I'd say so!

You know, this offseason as a conference, we've had an extreme amount of good news with little to no bad news to offset it. I'm very happy that we're on the right path.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2009 08:31 AM by TroyFootball05.)
04-11-2009 08:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
can you post a picture of the new uniforms?
04-11-2009 08:55 AM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
I'm excited about a Troy vs. USA rivalry in football. My dad did his internship at USA when I was younger so I attended a bunch of USA basketball games before I knew Troy even existed. You can say I have a soft spot in my heart for the Jags. Until we play them...then I want them destroyed. 05-mafia
04-11-2009 04:39 PM
OldJaguar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: USA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougstech/3...005842389/

this a pic taken last night
the other uniform set is scarlet red jersey and pants
jersey is red with white# and blue trim
04-11-2009 07:58 PM
WKULooseCannon90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
Congrats to the USA program!
04-14-2009 03:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.