Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ASU to play ULM on ESPN2
Bookmark and Share
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
ASU to play ULM on ESPN2
ASU and ULM will play Tuesday Oct. 13th on ESPN2. That makes 2 games so far for the Belt to be on ESPN2 this coming season.04-rock

http://www.jonesborosun.com/story.php?ID=37651
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2009 07:27 AM by statefanatic.)
04-04-2009 07:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
RE: ASU to play ULM on ESPN2
(04-04-2009 07:12 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  ASU and ULM will play Tuesday Oct. 13th on ESPN2. That makes 2 games so far for the Belt to be on ESPN2 this coming season.04-rock

http://www.jonesborosun.com/story.php?ID=37651

get ready for interactive tuesday...
04-04-2009 07:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

We should all get on there and talk up the belt.
04-04-2009 07:34 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
(04-04-2009 07:34 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  We should all get on there and talk up the belt.

that is a GREAT idea fanatic! we'll have to organize ourselves, and those on the individual boards, and make sure that it is SUN BELT talk going on across the top of the screen. I get tired of seeing BS about Notre Dame and USC.

Oh, and a BIG congrats to ULM and stAte for making a national broadcast! I'll definitely be throwing a Sun Belt football watching party that evening. May even get a keg. 03-thumbsup
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2009 08:38 AM by Burn the Horse.)
04-04-2009 08:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChrisULM Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ULM
I cant wait for this game!
Hope we dont disappoint 02-13-banana
04-04-2009 03:19 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(04-04-2009 08:37 AM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  
(04-04-2009 07:34 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  We should all get on there and talk up the belt.

that is a GREAT idea fanatic! we'll have to organize ourselves, and those on the individual boards, and make sure that it is SUN BELT talk going on across the top of the screen. I get tired of seeing BS about Notre Dame and USC.

Oh, and a BIG congrats to ULM and stAte for making a national broadcast! I'll definitely be throwing a Sun Belt football watching party that evening. May even get a keg. 03-thumbsup

I agree, great idea statefanatic!
04-04-2009 03:49 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
as long as its a road game im fine with it... Thankfully it is

Im not interested in sacrificing home attendance for the Tuesday Night game that no one watches
04-04-2009 04:16 PM
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

Somebody is watching it or ESPN wouldn't keep having Tuesday night games.
04-05-2009 07:04 AM
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
Weekday games are fine with me as long as they are away. :)

Tuesday and even Thursday night games are ratings disasters, but to ESPN, having games on those days beats re-runs of Texas hold'em poker.

No one but the die-hard fans (many of whom can't make it to campuses for weekday games, or decide not to come and instead watch on TV) watch these games. Oh yeah, a few drunks watch in the bars and at airports. :) Friday night games don't even draw the normal fans (who have teen-age children, or have anything to do with high school football).

ESPN doesn't have to pay us anything (free programming for them) because we are so thrilled to be on national TV, that we sell out and give up all the perks of a weekend game (such as many more fans, the gameday experience, community business support, etc.).

The 'Belt is selling out and we, the fans (who are lucky to get five home dates a year), are losing.

Teams like Troy are especially hurt because the bulk of the fan base is an hour or many more hours away. Those people stay home, rather than take a day or two off in this economy. Or, they come into town a few minutes before the game (or before halftime in some instances such as during the Troy-Missouri game) and blow out right after the game.

The university and football atmosphere suffers (forget much if any tailgating). The local restaurants, hotels and bars suffer, or maybe get half their anticipated business. The school gear sellers suffer because alumni and fans have little time to shop for shirts and such.

But we do it for all that "exposure".

If a tree falls in the woods ...
04-05-2009 01:03 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-05-2009 01:03 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  Weekday games are fine with me as long as they are away. :)

Tuesday and even Thursday night games are ratings disasters, but to ESPN, having games on those days beats re-runs of Texas hold'em poker.

No one but the die-hard fans (many of whom can't make it to campuses for weekday games, or decide not to come and instead watch on TV) watch these games. Oh yeah, a few drunks watch in the bars and at airports. :) Friday night games don't even draw the normal fans (who have teen-age children, or have anything to do with high school football).

ESPN doesn't have to pay us anything (free programming for them) because we are so thrilled to be on national TV, that we sell out and give up all the perks of a weekend game (such as many more fans, the gameday experience, community business support, etc.).

The 'Belt is selling out and we, the fans (who are lucky to get five home dates a year), are losing.

Teams like Troy are especially hurt because the bulk of the fan base is an hour or many more hours away. Those people stay home, rather than take a day or two off in this economy. Or, they come into town a few minutes before the game (or before halftime in some instances such as during the Troy-Missouri game) and blow out right after the game.

The university and football atmosphere suffers (forget much if any tailgating). The local restaurants, hotels and bars suffer, or maybe get half their anticipated business. The school gear sellers suffer because alumni and fans have little time to shop for shirts and such.

Agree; the weeknight games are disasters. The MWC has the right idea.
04-05-2009 01:42 PM
Advertisement

condray Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
(04-05-2009 01:03 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  Weekday games are fine with me as long as they are away. :)

I wholeheartedly agree! I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this.

However, just remember that Wright Waters busted his hump to get us this great ESPN deal! So, be sure to kiss his a$$ next time you see him, because he's doing what's best for your school! 04-bs
04-06-2009 03:25 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I hate this interactive crap. I've compared it to a wife talking to you during the game.....wrong time, wrong place.

But....it's a really good idea to flood it with SBC info. It wouldn't necessarily have to be about the game itself....it could be SBC trivia.
04-07-2009 12:11 PM
condray Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
Can WKU fans just talk about Hilltopper basketball? 03-wink
04-07-2009 12:20 PM
Advertisement

Charlie NT73 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: North Texas
The North Texas vs Ball State season opener will be televised by ESPN U
04-07-2009 12:52 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
They aren't ratings disasters with the right teams involved, but they can be attendance disasters for those who come from other areas to enjoy the games.
04-07-2009 01:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.