Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FB: Reasons Why YOUR Team Will Topple Troy This Season
Bookmark and Share
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
FB: Reasons Why YOUR Team Will Topple Troy This Season
Since Troy has kind of earned the reputation as "The Evil Empire of the Sun Belt," we have made quite a few "enemies" among rival schools' fans. So I thought I'd give you all a forum to tell us why you will beat the Trojans this coming season. This isn't a smack thread, but one for logical discussion. Please maintain mutual respect for both parties involved and let's have some good banter.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2009 12:05 PM by Burn the Horse.)
03-02-2009 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
RE: Reasons Why YOUR Team Will Topple Troy This Season
We have a cupcake game to start the season then Nebraska the next week. After that a bye week before Troy comes to Jonesboro. The cupcake game will give our coaches a chance to work out all the kinks. The Nebraska game will let the coaches know just where we stand and the bye week will be use to put it all togeather. All that said, ASU will be prepared to defend its home turf when Troy comes to town. We get Troy early in the season when we play our best ball instaed of late in the year. Troy will be coming off a game with Florida and sure to be banged up a little.

It will be a close game but I think we can win it. The Troy game will make or break our season.
03-02-2009 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
RE: FB: Reasons Why YOUR Team Will Topple Troy This Season
(03-02-2009 12:03 PM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  Since Troy has kind of earned the reputation as "The Evil Empire of the Sun Belt," we have made quite a few "enemies" among rival schools' fans. So I thought I'd give you all a forum to tell us why you will beat the Trojans this coming season. This isn't a smack thread, but one for logical discussion. Please maintain mutual respect for both parties involved and let's have some good banter.

Because for all the Trojans fans' posturing about how indomitable Troy Football is, the team has never made it through even one single year without losing a Sun Belt game.

Usually, they lose to a team that would appear to be significantly weaker. Some might use the word "Sucks".

And right now, nobody sucks harder than North Texas. So based on Troy's history of pissing away at least one conference game a year, coupled with the fact that North Texas is 20 feet deep in the **** pit... I think the Mean Green will get the upset!

Bold prediction!!! 03-razz
03-02-2009 12:15 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

(03-02-2009 12:15 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  
(03-02-2009 12:03 PM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  Since Troy has kind of earned the reputation as "The Evil Empire of the Sun Belt," we have made quite a few "enemies" among rival schools' fans. So I thought I'd give you all a forum to tell us why you will beat the Trojans this coming season. This isn't a smack thread, but one for logical discussion. Please maintain mutual respect for both parties involved and let's have some good banter.

Because for all the Trojans fans' posturing about how indomitable Troy Football is, the team has never made it through even one single year without losing a Sun Belt game.

Usually, they lose to a team that would appear to be significantly weaker. Some might use the word "Sucks".

And right now, nobody sucks harder than North Texas. So based on Troy's history of pissing away at least one conference game a year, coupled with the fact that North Texas is 20 feet deep in the **** pit... I think the Mean Green will get the upset!

i like it, good answer. 04-cheers
03-02-2009 12:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
(03-02-2009 12:15 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  Because for all the Trojans fans' posturing about how indomitable Troy Football is, the team has never made it through even one single year without losing a Sun Belt game.

I said something similar in another thread. How we end up losing a game every year we had no business losing. Troy is 5-1 against the Mean Green, with the only loss coming in 2003, and the last 3 against North Texas have been 14-6 Troy, 45-7 Troy, and 45-17 Troy. Outscored 104-30 in the last three years. 2003 was the year that UNT ended up 9-4, ran through the Sun Belt unscathed, had an 8 game stretch without a loss. At the same time, Troy was 6-6 at the end of the year in what was really our first full season of 1-A.
03-02-2009 12:26 PM
MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-02-2009 12:26 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  
(03-02-2009 12:15 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  Because for all the Trojans fans' posturing about how indomitable Troy Football is, the team has never made it through even one single year without losing a Sun Belt game.

I said something similar in another thread. How we end up losing a game every year we had no business losing. Troy is 5-1 against the Mean Green, with the only loss coming in 2003, and the last 3 against North Texas have been 14-6 Troy, 45-7 Troy, and 45-17 Troy. Outscored 104-30 in the last three years. 2003 was the year that UNT ended up 9-4, ran through the Sun Belt unscathed, had an 8 game stretch without a loss. At the same time, Troy was 6-6 at the end of the year in what was really our first full season of 1-A.

All the games have been very close with the exception of the Mean Green win in 2003 and the last two Troy wins.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2009 12:52 PM by MeanGreen61.)
03-02-2009 12:41 PM
Advertisement

RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(03-02-2009 12:41 PM)MeanGreen61 Wrote:  All the games have been very close with the exception of the Mean Green win in 2003 and the last two Troy wins.

Yeah, there have been some close ones. I just didn't go back far enough and check out all the scores. I just know that Troy has been doing great every year and unfortunately North Texas has not in the past few. I really hate it. I'd love for the Mean Green to get back to where they were in the earlier part of the decade and be another great team in the Belt. But unfortunately I think that your high school coach is in over his head. Hopefully the new stadium will attract some great recruits, and his coaching will improve, and y'all can get it turned around. But for now, the facts are that UNT just ain't in the same league as Troy.
03-02-2009 12:54 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
(03-02-2009 12:54 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  
(03-02-2009 12:41 PM)MeanGreen61 Wrote:  All the games have been very close with the exception of the Mean Green win in 2003 and the last two Troy wins.

Yeah, there have been some close ones. I just didn't go back far enough and check out all the scores. I just know that Troy has been doing great every year and unfortunately North Texas has not in the past few. I really hate it. I'd love for the Mean Green to get back to where they were in the earlier part of the decade and be another great team in the Belt. But unfortunately I think that your high school coach is in over his head. Hopefully the new stadium will attract some great recruits, and his coaching will improve, and y'all can get it turned around. But for now, the facts are that UNT just ain't in the same league as Troy.

I wouldn't say to many bad things about NT. They may be bad right now, but they are in Texas and Texas football is always strong. Something happened at NT to cause a quick fall from grace. I don't know what it was, but I'm sure they will rise again.
03-02-2009 01:21 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

(03-02-2009 01:21 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  
(03-02-2009 12:54 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  

I wouldn't say to many bad things about NT. They may be bad right now, but they are in Texas and Texas football is always strong. Something happened at NT to cause a quick fall from grace. I don't know what it was, but I'm sure they will rise again.

Andrew Smith died and Joey Byerly flunked out. That's what derailed our program, and we couldn't recover.
03-02-2009 01:31 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

we've had the whole story spelled out for us on here before. Would a UNT fan please explain what happened for stAtefanatic? they'll be back, they are in too big a market with too much talent in the area for the Mean Green to be bad for long.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2009 01:32 PM by Burn the Horse.)
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

(03-02-2009 12:54 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  But for now, the facts are that UNT just ain't in the same league as Troy.

Hmm... Does that mean you have to stop posting on the SBC forum?
Advertisement

RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(03-02-2009 01:31 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  
(03-02-2009 12:54 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  But for now, the facts are that UNT just ain't in the same league as Troy.

Well, if we're being nit-picky, technically the Sun Belt is not a league, but a conference. Leagues are usually reserved for Professional Sports, i.e. the National Football LEAGUE , the National Hockey LEAGUE ,or Major LEAGUE Baseball.

I was actually referring to the old saying "Not in the same league as....." and not actually saying we're not in the same conference.
03-02-2009 02:15 PM
MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-02-2009 02:15 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  
(03-02-2009 01:31 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  

Well, if we're being nit-picky, technically the Sun Belt is not a league, but a conference. Leagues are usually reserved for Professional Sports, i.e. the National Football LEAGUE , the National Hockey LEAGUE ,or Major LEAGUE Baseball.

I was actually referring to the old saying "Not in the same league as....." and not actually saying we're not in the same conference.

Try this. It will help keep you from getting "tennis elbow" braggin' about Troy's alleged greatness.04-bow
http://cybernetnews.com/wp-content/uploa...n-back.jpg
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2009 02:39 PM by MeanGreen61.)
03-02-2009 02:33 PM
RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(03-02-2009 02:33 PM)MeanGreen61 Wrote:  Try this. It will help keep you from getting "tennis elbow" braggin' about Troy's alleged greatness.04-bow

Try this, it will help you forget the miserable state your athletics programs are in at UNT.

[Image: 17037whiskey_bottles.jpg]
03-02-2009 02:43 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

(03-02-2009 02:43 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  
(03-02-2009 02:33 PM)MeanGreen61 Wrote:  Try this. It will help keep you from getting "tennis elbow" braggin' about Troy's alleged greatness.04-bow

Try this, it will help you forget the miserable state your athletics programs are in at UNT.

Do I drink it, or hit myself in the head with the bottles?

Which one will get me unconscious faster at our next home game?
03-02-2009 03:02 PM
OwlFamily Online
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(03-02-2009 03:02 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  Do I drink it, or hit myself in the head with the bottles?

EPIC Reply,

I suggest both!

04-cheers
03-02-2009 03:04 PM
Advertisement

MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-02-2009 02:43 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  

Scroll down
http://www.sunbeltsports.org//pdf4/35827...EM_ID=4100
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2009 03:08 PM by MeanGreen61.)
03-02-2009 03:06 PM
RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(03-02-2009 03:02 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  Do I drink it, or hit myself in the head with the bottles?

I'd personally rather hit myself in the head with the Crown Royal. What's in that bottle is not really my thing. Plus with that big wide flat surface, you've got more of a chance of knocking yourself out.

The other two are okay for drinking.
03-02-2009 03:13 PM
RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(03-02-2009 03:06 PM)MeanGreen61 Wrote:  Scroll down

Congratulations. You are better than Troy in Mens and Womens Cross Country, Soccer, and equal in Volleyball. But do you see that bolded, underlined 8 under the Football Column? Know what that means? And that 1 in the same column. Know what it means?

But when I scroll down, I don't see a Bubas Cup with North Texas on it anywhere. Recently, I see a bunch of MTSU (Obviously due to their superiority in Women's Basketball) and WKU.
03-02-2009 03:17 PM
MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-02-2009 03:17 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  
(03-02-2009 03:06 PM)MeanGreen61 Wrote:  Scroll down

Congratulations. You are better than Troy in Mens and Womens Cross Country, Soccer, and equal in Volleyball. But do you see that bolded, underlined 8 under the Football Column? Know what that means? And that 1 in the same column. Know what it means?

But when I scroll down, I don't see a Bubas Cup with North Texas on it anywhere. Recently, I see a bunch of MTSU (Obviously due to their superiority in Women's Basketball) and WKU.

Your post, "athletic programs" is plural.

Time for my nap03-zzz
03-02-2009 03:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.