Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which returning players will win the belt for your team
Bookmark and Share
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
Which returning players will win the belt for your team
QB Corey Leonard- He will be a SR. this year and looks to end his stAte years with a Belt title.

RB Reggie Arnold- Also a SR. Will be looking to make it 4 straight years with at least 1,000 yards rushing.

WR Brandon Thompkins- A SR. with great speed. led the Belt his SOPH. season with kick return yard and average per return. Was better at reciever last season and looks to build on his success.

RB Derrick Lawson- a Soph. who gain alot of playing time behind Arnold last year. Great vision and power on short yardage plays.

WR Jahbari McLennan- A JC transfer last year with great speed. He was the go to reciever. Looking for a breakout season to end his football career. Coaches said he was the hardest working player they ever coached.

DE Alex Carrington-Will be a SR. Had NFL scouts drooling last year with his speed to the QB. Looking to make a bigger impact this year to move up on the NFL draft board.

DB Marcus Brown- A SR. who Left the team in 2007 to deal with personal issues and returned last year to earn some playing time. He has track speed and is a big hitter.

K Josh Auroco- Will be a SR. Was a Finalist for the Groza award. Has improve every year at ASU.

ASU has a lot of young players who will try to step up this year and make a name for themselves, but these are the star as it stands right now.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2009 01:45 PM by statefanatic.)
02-17-2009 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

clutch0364 Offline
Ragin' Like A Cajun

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
RE: Which returning players will win it all for your team
(02-17-2009 12:57 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  QB Corey Leonard- He will be a SR. this year and looks to end his stAte years with a Belt title.

RB Reggie Arnold- Also a SR. Will be looking to make it 4 straight years with at least 1,000 yards rushing.

WR Brandon Thompkins- A SR. with great speed. led the Belt his SOPH. season with kick return yard and average per return. Was better at reciever last season and looks to build on his success.

RB Derrick Lawson- a Soph. who gain alot of playing time behind Arnold last year. Great vision and power on short yardage plays.

WR Jahbari McLennan- A JC transfer last year with great speed. He was the go to reciever. Looking for a breakout season to end his football career. Coaches said he was the hardest working player they ever coached.

DE Alex Carrington-Will be a SR. Had NFL scouts drooling last year with his speed to the QB. Looking to make a bigger impact this year to move up on the NFL draft board.

DB Marcus Brown- A SR. who Left the team in 2007 to deal with personal issues and returned last year to earn some playing time. He has track speed and is a big hitter.

K Josh Auroco- Will be a SR. Was a Finalist for the Groza award. Has improve every year at ASU.

ASU has a lot of young players who will try to step up this year and make a name for themselves, but these are the star as it stands right now.

Can you explain what you mean by win it all before i answer?
02-17-2009 01:06 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
QB Levi Brown - A senior playing just his second season for Troy. Said to be the most accurate quarterback to ever play in the Sun Belt, Brown is poised to lead the Trojans to a fourth strait Confernence Championship.

WR Jerrel Jernigan - Quite possibly the best overall athlete in the Belt. Jernigan is an explosive presence who can change the momentum of the game with one play. Always a threat to score whenever he touches the ball.

WR Josh Jarbor - Jarboe will be a freshman playing in his first year as a Trojan. Ranked by ESPN as the #3 recruit in the nation last year in the same class as Julio Jones. Jarboe will provide Brown with a second go to target, and will help to ease up coverage on Jernigan.

RB DuJuan Harris - Harris returns as the Trojans feature back. He is fast, strong, elusive, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. DuJuan will be playing on Sunday, but until then, he lends his services to Troy. This guy can flat out run.

LB's Boris Lee and Bear Woods - Quite possibly the best linebacker duo in the entire country. These two monsters routinely dominate opponents. Watch out, they are far better than anything fellow Sun Belt schools can field at the same position.
02-17-2009 01:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(02-17-2009 01:06 PM)clutch0364 Wrote:  
(02-17-2009 12:57 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  QB Corey Leonard- He will be a SR. this year and looks to end his stAte years with a Belt title.

Can you explain what you mean by win it all before i answer?

By win it all, I mean the Belt.
02-17-2009 01:33 PM
Advertisement

T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn
(02-17-2009 01:07 PM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  QB Levi Brown - A senior playing just his second season for Troy. Said to be the most accurate quarterback to ever play in the Sun Belt, Brown is poised to lead the Trojans to a fourth strait Confernence Championship.

WR Jerrel Jernigan - Quite possibly the best overall athlete in the Belt. Jernigan is an explosive presence who can change the momentum of the game with one play. Always a threat to score whenever he touches the ball.

WR Josh Jarbor - Jarboe will be a freshman playing in his first year as a Trojan. Ranked by ESPN as the #3 recruit in the nation last year in the same class as Julio Jones. Jarboe will provide Brown with a second go to target, and will help to ease up coverage on Jernigan.

RB DuJuan Harris - Harris returns as the Trojans feature back. He is fast, strong, elusive, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. DuJuan will be playing on Sunday, but until then, he lends his services to Troy. This guy can flat out run.

LB's Boris Lee and Bear Woods - Quite possibly the best linebacker duo in the entire country. These two monsters routinely dominate opponents. Watch out, they are far better than anything fellow Sun Belt schools can field at the same position.

DE Brandon Lang - Brandon Lang (All SBC First Team) is ranked as the #4 DE in the nation by nfldraftscout.com. Further, Lang is projected as a 2nd round draft pick in the 2010 NFL Draft (nfldraftscout.com).
02-17-2009 01:47 PM
T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn
(02-17-2009 01:33 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  By win it all, I mean the Belt.

I think Troy and ASU will be the top teams in the SBC next year. ASU and Troy return many key players. IMO the Troy/ASU game will be the conference game of the year.
02-17-2009 01:52 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(02-17-2009 01:07 PM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  QB Levi Brown - A senior playing just his second season for Troy. Said to be the most accurate quarterback to ever play in the Sun Belt, Brown is poised to lead the Trojans to a fourth strait Confernence Championship.

In my opinion, the skill players are great and all, but the D-Line and the O-Line will be the heroes next season. I firmly believe they are what carried us all season long to an outright championship in 2008.

DT - Eugene Kinlaw, Kevin Dixon, and Riley Flowers - All three could start in the SEC.

DE - Brandon Lang, Cameron Sheffield, Jonathon Massaquoi, and Mario Addison - These guys are also top notch. Together, you will probably see the best D-Line the sunbelt has ever seen.

LB - Boris Lee and Bear Woods - TDC explained it very well. These guys will form an brick wall on the Front Six. The secondary will be a concern this season.

The skill players TDC mentioned are right on the dot. This Troy team has everything in place to be the best team to ever come through the belt, providing the O-Line shapes out along with the secondary.
02-17-2009 01:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

RE: Which returning players will win the belt for your team
Troy does look good on paper, but this is the belt. You never know who will win on any given Saturday. ASU and Troy should be the top two teams. We return alot off skill players. The O-line has me worried along with LB.
02-17-2009 01:59 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
QB- Rusty Smith- DUH!

FB- Willie Rose- WAY to underused last year, and was a key component to the 07 season.

TE- Harmon/Housler- Key part of the offense

WR Gent/Bonner- Lets just pray they catch the ball in the 1st half of the season.

Not to sure about the D, but hell it couldnt be much worse then it was last year.

[/i]
02-17-2009 02:25 PM
MeanGreen61 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Gotta luv these off-season threads !05-stirthepot

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_86/11...popwfI.jpg
02-17-2009 02:38 PM
Advertisement

Charlie NT73 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: North Texas
Coach Dodge and staff are doing a great job at recruiting D1 talent back to NT. The big problem has been this. The staff was forced into playing
kids the staff wanted to redshirt, so many true freshmen, where playing
their 1st year at NT. Second, many positions had very little depth. Needless to say, opponents took advantage of the inexperienced players and the losses kept comming. These young kids have been paying the price for the future. Now, the team is growing up, with quality depth, size, and experience at each position. Will North Texas
contend for the SBC crown in 2009? No, but this is a different team that
will make the race very interesting! Now, choosing the impact players will
be difficult, with so many players returning. Here are my choices.
1. QB Riley Dodge, 6-0,185,4.5. Riley is the favorite to win the QB battle.
Riley grew up with Dodgeball, and he knows everything about it. Riley can read coverages with just a glance. Very accurate passer, and a very
deseptive runner.
2.DE Eddrick Gilmore, was 6-5, 250, now 6-6, 270. One of a few Sr's on
the team, has NFL scouts watching him. DE John Turner, 6-3, 265.
3.RB Lance Dunbar, 5-9,190,4.4. Coach Dodge uses several RB's in his offense (NT is loaded at RB), so Lance shared duties LY until a mid season injury ended his season. Lance is back, healthy, and will be a
explosive player in 2009. Cam Montgomery, 6-1, 225 outstanding 2008
season. Very powerful runner, tough to bring down.
4.OT, two players, Matt Tomlinson, 6-5,300, and Jeremy Bean, 6-5, 310.
5.WR, 6-6, 225,4.5 Forest Rucker, and Kenny Barrett, 6-2, 175. OU
transfer, Tyler Stradford, 6-1, 175 may play in 2009 if the NCAA lifts the transfer rule. Tyler is a game breaker.
6. DT, the Mean Green will have 6 true DT/NG's, all 300+ for 2009.
Jessie DeSoto, 6-2, 305, will be a JR, drew double teams in 2008,
very powerful man. Shavod Atkinson, 6-2, 298, JUCO transfer.
7.LB, Tobe Nwigwe, 6-1, 252,Sr, SBC HM, NFL scouts are watching Tobe
and Craig Robertson, 6-0, 225 Jr-starter since his T/F year, 2007.
8.Secondary, CB Ira Smith, 5-11, 185, 4.4, S-Darin Williams, 5-10, 190.
There are many more players that will impact the 2009 team, so with
spring ball around the corner, the position battles will be very competitive, with quality depth at each postion.
02-17-2009 04:12 PM
clutch0364 Offline
Ragin' Like A Cajun

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
TE Ladarius Green 6'6 220 - Will line up in the slot are on the line, had 5 TD's last season and on the jump ball into the corner of the end zone no one will stop him except a bad throw :D

LB Corp Grant Flemming, Antywne Zanders, Richard Brooks, and Daylon McCoy - They will be the most experienced part of the team and with the experience their back ups got last year bc of injuries to Brooks and Flemming we look to be really strong at this position.
02-18-2009 10:05 AM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
TY Hilton (WR) - Will be a So. this upcoming season and is hoping to improve on his exceptional Freshman season.

Paul McCall (QB) - Will be a Sr. found his confort zone after the third game and found a favorite target in TY and Greg Ellingston.

Darriet Perry (RB) - Will be a So. and is looking to improve on his final 3 game performances were he ran through ULM's, FAU's and WKU's defenses.

Anthony Gaitor (CB) - Will anchor the FIU secondary, 1st team SBC.

Scott Bryant (LB) - Will be a Sr. and was FIU's leading tackler last season.
02-18-2009 01:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.