Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ark State fans?
Bookmark and Share
clutch0364 Offline
Ragin' Like A Cajun

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
Ark State fans?
Hey Ark State fans...I just wanted to find out what you think about your new basketball coach. He coached at the evil empire :D so I have never been his biggest fan but I thought it was a big hire for you guys. To go out and get a coach who had major college coaching experience was a big coup.
02-13-2009 02:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
RE: Ark State fans?
(02-13-2009 02:36 PM)clutch0364 Wrote:  Hey Ark State fans...I just wanted to find out what you think about your new basketball coach. He coached at the evil empire :D so I have never been his biggest fan but I thought it was a big hire for you guys. To go out and get a coach who had major college coaching experience was a big coup.

I do not follow BB so I guess my vote is somewhat uninformed . . . LOL !!!

I think his hire was a good thing and he will do some great things for stAte BB in time.
02-13-2009 02:40 PM
clutch0364 Offline
Ragin' Like A Cajun

(02-13-2009 02:40 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  
(02-13-2009 02:36 PM)clutch0364 Wrote:  Hey Ark State fans...I just wanted to find out what you think about your new basketball coach. He coached at the evil empire :D so I have never been his biggest fan but I thought it was a big hire for you guys. To go out and get a coach who had major college coaching experience was a big coup.

I think his hire was a good thing and he will do some great things for stAte BB in time.

Can't wait to give him a good Cajun Dome welcome Saturday 04-rock
02-13-2009 02:43 PM
clutch0364 Offline
Ragin' Like A Cajun

One thing I believe it shows is that your administration is trying to make the big splash.
02-13-2009 02:45 PM
40kel Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tigers!
(02-13-2009 02:45 PM)clutch0364 Wrote:  

One thing I believe it shows is that your administration is trying to make the big splash.

He should really help our bball program where we can finally challenge for the top. They have always been a good team for years but they just could never put it together. They start off strong(eventhough they're not the best teams played) but they get in conf. play and they forget how to play ball. But hopefully he make some progess.
02-13-2009 02:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clutch0364 Offline
Ragin' Like A Cajun

(02-13-2009 02:51 PM)40kel Wrote:  
(02-13-2009 02:45 PM)clutch0364 Wrote:  

He should really help our bball program where we can finally challenge for the top. They have always been a good team for years but they just could never put it together. They start off strong(eventhough they're not the best teams played) but they get in conf. play and they forget how to play ball. But hopefully he make some progess.

Glad to hear it. The stronger we all are the better the conference will be. Hopefully the Cajuns can get back to adding to the strength.
02-13-2009 03:26 PM
Advertisement

40kel Offline
1st String

You all will be. I feel Sun Belt is under rated but have had a lot of quality wins the last couple of years. In both Football and Basketball
02-13-2009 03:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clutch0364 Offline
Ragin' Like A Cajun

(02-13-2009 03:29 PM)40kel Wrote:  You all will be. I feel Sun Belt is under rated but have had a lot of quality wins the last couple of years. In both Football and Basketball

Very true. I think the Sunbelt is growing more and more every year but we have yet to gain the respect we deserve. The MAC has gotten respect because of them selling their soul to ESPN and playing every day of the week except Saturday. For long term stability however I think the Sunbelt is better off sticking to Saturday games. (Even though I haven't always felt this way)
02-13-2009 03:32 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
hey, i'd be all for one weekly Sun Belt conference game being played on Tuesdays inorder to bring in the ESPN cameras. The MAC has made one of the smartest business decisions in recent years, good for them...wish Wrong Waters would have gotten that deal for us!
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2009 03:34 PM by Burn the Horse.)
02-13-2009 03:34 PM
clutch0364 Offline
Ragin' Like A Cajun

(02-13-2009 03:34 PM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  hey, i'd be all for one weekly Sun Belt conference game being played on Tuesdays inorder to bring in the ESPN cameras. The MAC has made one of the smartest business decisions in recent years, good for them...wish Wrong Waters would have gotten that deal for us!

I can agree with 1 game but I think it hurts fans to play during the week as much as they do. Their attendances suffer because of it and sticking with Saturdays brings in more fans.
02-13-2009 03:44 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

well i actually meant 1 game a week. make it different teams each week so you don't have one school getting hurt by continued low attendance. we just need to get our product on television, i think America just needs to see.
02-13-2009 03:51 PM
Advertisement

ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(02-13-2009 03:44 PM)clutch0364 Wrote:  
(02-13-2009 03:34 PM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  hey, i'd be all for one weekly Sun Belt conference game being played on Tuesdays inorder to bring in the ESPN cameras. The MAC has made one of the smartest business decisions in recent years, good for them...wish Wrong Waters would have gotten that deal for us!

I can agree with 1 game but I think it hurts fans to play during the week as much as they do. Their attendances suffer because of it and sticking with Saturdays brings in more fans.

Agree; we cannot build fan bases playing most of our games on work nights. I do not ever want the SBC to become ESPN's whore as the MAC has become.
02-13-2009 05:53 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(02-13-2009 03:51 PM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  well i actually meant 1 game a week. make it different teams each week so you don't have one school getting hurt by continued low attendance. we just need to get our product on television, i think America just needs to see.

Good idea; one work day game per week rotated amongst the schools. Works for me!
02-13-2009 05:55 PM
clutch0364 Offline
Ragin' Like A Cajun

(02-13-2009 05:53 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  

Agree; we cannot build fan bases playing most of our games on work nights. I do not ever want the SBC to become ESPN's whore as the MAC has become.

These games have given the perception that the MAC is a better league than the Sunbelt but that is not the truth at all.
02-13-2009 08:15 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(02-13-2009 08:15 PM)clutch0364 Wrote:  
(02-13-2009 05:53 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  

These games have given the perception that the MAC is a better league than the Sunbelt but that is not the truth at all.

I agree; that perception is all Smoke & Mirrors. Without looking it up, I recall SBC football going 3-0 against the MAC this year. Not sure if #4 FAU's win over #2 CMU made it 4-0 or not.

MAC's bowl record was 0-5; last year was not much better.
02-13-2009 10:13 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

perception is everything. you can be the best team in the country, but if the country doesn't know that you won't get the respect. the MAC's deal with ESPN really is great for them. MAC teams have become household names. example, Central Michigan, Buffalo, Northern Illinoise, these teams were nobodies two years ago. Now everyone knows who Dan LeFevour is just because they beat up on other MAC teams on television. We could do that...if Wrong Waters would get off his ass and do something for this conference.
02-14-2009 09:40 AM
Advertisement

Joel Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FIU
I think that one Sun Belt matchup on a weekday once a week so it can aired on ESPN is a great idea! Why not? It gives the conference national exposure that we so desperately need! It's a great idea! It can be on a Thursday or maybe even Fridays. It could be a great tradition! Imagine our best rivalry games airing on Friday night national television! Troy vs. MTU, FIU vs. FAU, ULM vs. UL... it would be great! And not to mention the type of excitement it would bring to a fan base, Lord knows we need it down here... When people down here in Miami see that FIU is going to be on ESPN, THAT peaks interest! This would be a win-win!
02-14-2009 06:13 PM
40kel Offline
1st String

(02-13-2009 03:32 PM)clutch0364 Wrote:  
(02-13-2009 03:29 PM)40kel Wrote:  You all will be. I feel Sun Belt is under rated but have had a lot of quality wins the last couple of years. In both Football and Basketball

Very true. I think the Sunbelt is growing more and more every year but we have yet to gain the respect we deserve. The MAC has gotten respect because of them selling their soul to ESPN and playing every day of the week except Saturday. For long term stability however I think the Sunbelt is better off sticking to Saturday games. (Even though I haven't always felt this way)

slowly but surely my friend. They will get there. They will never be a power house conference but they will be up there with the MAC hopefully. I like different day games it brings ESPN out and gives us recognition
02-18-2009 04:01 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

i'd say we passed the MAC two years ago. ESPN agrees.
02-18-2009 05:15 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times

Manzano, that sig is completely badass, mad props to you, sir.
02-18-2009 05:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.