Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Was Roberts trying to trip Obama up.
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Was Roberts trying to trip Obama up.
I Barack Hussein Obama,

That's where it should of stopped. 5 or 6 words, repeat 5 or 6 words repeat. just like your marriage vows. I was nervous watching, the prick had him recite a paragraph. No wonder my guy tripped up.
01-20-2009 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cooger_Scarlett Offline
2nd String

I Root For: THE U of H-town
RE: Was Roberts trying to trip Obama up.
Roberts flubbed the wording. Faithfully was misplaced. Nevertheless, it's not like the wording of the oath should have been a surprise.
01-20-2009 12:37 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-20-2009 12:27 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I Barack Hussein Obama,

That's where it should of stopped. 5 or 6 words, repeat 5 or 6 words repeat. just like your marriage vows. I was nervous watching, the prick had him recite a paragraph. No wonder my guy tripped up.

What? This guy is supposed to be the smartest man since the beginning of time and he fecks up simply REPEATING words and it's somehow Robert's fault? 03-lmfao

You guys kill me.
01-20-2009 12:39 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Your married... I think..... Could you repeat a paragraph??? be honest............... 2.5 million people the world. He was expecting something different. I should go back and look how Rehnquist and Berger??? did it.
01-20-2009 12:50 PM
SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion
"I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear" is a paragraph?

(01-20-2009 12:50 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Your married... I think..... Could you repeat a paragraph??? be honest............... 2.5 million people the world.

What does that even mean?
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2009 01:38 PM by SouthGAEagle.)
01-20-2009 01:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
So in other words, it should have been just like an Obama speech. A few words, long pause, a few words, long pause...
01-20-2009 02:20 PM
Advertisement

RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
Biden did his part just fine. Even the long parts. (and for some reason the VP oath is much longer. . .) It was just a flub. Nothing intentional.

Quit getting riled up over something stupid like that. It's not like a president actually upholds their oath anymore. . . 03-wink
01-20-2009 02:28 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(01-20-2009 12:39 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(01-20-2009 12:27 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I Barack Hussein Obama,

What? This guy is supposed to be the smartest man since the beginning of time and he fecks up simply REPEATING words and it's somehow Robert's fault? 03-lmfao

You guys kill me.
I don't know if he is the smartest person since the beginning of time but he is smarter than GWB.
01-20-2009 02:31 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-20-2009 02:31 PM)RobertN Wrote:  I don't know if he is the smartest person since the beginning of time but he is smarter than GWB.

...and you know this how?
01-20-2009 02:45 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(01-20-2009 02:45 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(01-20-2009 02:31 PM)RobertN Wrote:  I don't know if he is the smartest person since the beginning of time but he is smarter than GWB.

All you have to do is listen to the men. It is obvious.
01-20-2009 02:47 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-20-2009 02:47 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

I have. I'm not impressed.

01-20-2009 02:57 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(01-20-2009 02:47 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

You can judge IQ by listening to someone speak publicly? Can you do any other tricks? I can't spit out a coherant word in public. I would come off as an imbecile just trying to get the words "Robert is an idiot" out. And I'm a genius. (Truth: slight exaggeration.)
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2009 12:15 AM by Paul M.)
01-21-2009 12:12 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-21-2009 12:12 AM)Paul M Wrote:  You can judge IQ by listening to someone speak publicly? Can you do any other tricks? I can't spit out a coherant word in public. I would come off as an imbecile just trying to get the words "Robert is an idiot" out. And I'm a genius. (Truth: slight exaggeration.)

Yeah, Stephen Hawking must be a real retard.

Bush graduated from Yale AND Harvard.

Where you graduate, Robert?
01-21-2009 12:17 AM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies
Seriously guys does it really matter Roberts was doing the oath for the first real time and so was obama. Just let em be.
01-21-2009 12:19 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(01-20-2009 02:47 PM)RobertN Wrote:  All you have to do is listen to the men. It is obvious.

Man Robert, I swear you are just f'cking with everyone here and are really not as ignorant as you put on.

Just one modern day example to rebuke your stupidity, is Albert Einstein ....

The man could not 'Pick His Nose' without getting lost and yet he "Figured Out the Entire Universe in Mathematical Equations" !!!!! He did not even have the Technology to Carry Out most of his Theories in the Form of Experiments !!!!! He had to rely on Math, Pencil, & Paper.

If you look at Einstein, you see a Disheveled Dufus, who is Sorely Unkept, a Squalidly Looking Raggedy Man that is so Unintelligent Appearing, until he is a Walking Joke, YET, under the surface, the man is one of only a hand full of "Super Geniuses" to ever traverse this Planet.

The reason the World and especially our Country is moving backward and down hill, is because of pure bred ignorant people like your self, who care not to look deep within a person so as to try and see their TRUE worth or worthlessness and act upon that Honest Assessed Inner Value. Instead you follow the gang and just go with the flow no matter what the outcome.

You are so Socially Lazy, you, without any self-initiated challenge, accept your own incompetently untested discerning, "and slothfully believe that if it looks good on the Surface, it HAS to be Good thru and thru and also if it appears bad on the Surface, then it is Bad thru and thru". (no tested Objective Substance Applied, just face value for You is good enough)

That is exactly why we have Barry Husseiny Obambi sitting in the Oval Office THIS VERY NIGHT, holding King's Court over our Great Country.

Ron Paul may have been mentally deficient and a 3rd Wheel, but at least he stuck to his guns on principle - - Paul used only for an Obama Comparative Example of Appearance of Substance - - I did not support Ron Paul in anyway.

This empty hull of a man you people voted into Kingship, who is, who was, and who always will be NOBODY, is given the greatest power in our Galaxy, via you weak mined drones, who were sleeping so peacefully sound, until the 'Call of the Pied Piper Broke Into Your Dreams' and the Piper's Magical Enchantment Beckoned to You, Lied to You, Fooled You, and then Called You too Follow and You Irrationally Followed Without a Single Question, and You Paid His Ransom and forced him on us all.

It is just so pathetically sad that I am not entitled to a moral refund in this situation !!!!!

01-21-2009 01:28 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Its not as if ANY POTUS that has taken that oath has actually adhered to it.03-lmfao
01-21-2009 06:39 AM
Advertisement

T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI
Two things:
1) Roberts was reciting from memory and didn't have a "cheat sheet" like his predecessor Rhenquist. He probably wanted to get it all out as quickly as he could before he forgot it. Ultimately, it didn't work out to well for him.

2) The commissioning oath in the military is even longer than the presidential oath and I can recite that from memory. He's known he was getting the job for 2 months. Thats not an excuse for him to not try and memorize one (about the length of two, though) sentence if he was that worried about flubbing.

Bottom line: I felt bad for both because this is going to be forever recorded for posterity to see. But in the long run it doesn't matter and no one should care in one week.
01-21-2009 12:59 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Doesn't matter. It's over now, and they will get a chance to get it right next time. 05-stirthepot
01-21-2009 01:31 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(01-21-2009 01:31 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Doesn't matter. It's over now, and they will get a chance to get it right next time. 05-stirthepot

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Maybe he will Learn What His Name Is by Then ..... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

I guess this proves he is NOT a United States Citizen .... LOL ....

I bet it is having to travel to those 57 States during the Campaign that did it ..... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

01-21-2009 07:28 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(01-21-2009 07:28 PM)Tripster Wrote:  
(01-21-2009 01:31 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Doesn't matter. It's over now, and they will get a chance to get it right next time. 05-stirthepot

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Maybe he will Learn What His Name Is by Then ..... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

I guess this proves he is NOT a United States Citizen .... LOL ....

I bet it is having to travel to those 57 States during the Campaign that did it ..... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Why don't you look up how every other president did it?

There is alwasy a pause after the name. Like I said, it was Roberts first time. Both will do it again.
01-21-2009 09:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.