Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting at the beginning of the year Utah State fans....
Bookmark and Share
BarkBoard Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Interesting at the beginning of the year Utah State fans....
were touting how they would win the WAC and dominate the conference. (since their fans are die-hard BB fans)

I told them it wouldn't be that easy.

I still say La-Tech wins it all.

Nevada wins the tourny.

NMSU is the suprise team of the year!
02-12-2006 01:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LRdawg Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

Thanks for giving Tech much love.

Also, Fazekas is a beast.
02-12-2006 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gaard Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Re: Interesting at the beginning of the year Utah State fans
BarkBoard Wrote:I still say La-Tech wins it all.

Nevada wins the tourny.

It had better be La Tech in conference and anybody but Nevada for the tourney. If not the Wolf-Pack fans will never let us forget it since they have a WAC Football title for 2005.
02-12-2006 01:48 PM
WAC_FAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Baseball Genius

I think the clock is about to strike 12 for LaTech. They still have @Nevada, @NMSU, @Hawaii. They are able to win the regular season, they will have definitely earned it.
02-12-2006 02:26 PM
Slapdad Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
[/quote]

It had better be La Tech in conference and anybody but Nevada for the tourney. If not the Wolf-Pack fans will never let us forget it since they have a WAC Football title for 2005.[/quote]

That's okay, because BSU fans haven't let anyone forget about how the Broncos have walked on water and cured the blind the past few seasons.

And I think we're making progress here....we've moved from "Wolfpack" to "Wolf-Pack"....now if we can lose the hyphen and keep the space, we'll be good to go!
02-12-2006 03:37 PM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

Tech will have to be pretty amazing on the road if they are gonna win the regular season...I just hope we don't catch Nevada early in the WAC tourny.
02-12-2006 03:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

strangerocknrollers Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
hmm
I think Utah state and nevada both the best chances of winning both. You also cant count out hawaii in the conference as they only have Fresno state on the road as their biggest challenge. We should be able to handle san jose and idaho on the road after building up alot of confidence after the boise st victory...and then we got LA Tech and NMSU @ Home. And if you know anything about the WAC that both those team beat hawaii by only 3 at home while hawaii was struggling with injuries and suspensions and new lineups. So by now i think hawaii should be able to beat them both at home. My guess is hawaii will win it all except the fresno st game. Perhaps a 4 way tie for first?lol
02-12-2006 04:29 PM
nmsufootball Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Actually Hawaii shot their best game fromt he field against NMSU. NMSU is a lot better team now then they were when we played you guys. NMSU is shooting close to 50% from the field since that game.
02-12-2006 05:56 PM
strangerocknrollers Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
OK
well then i guess we have our hands full against them in honolulu?
02-12-2006 10:09 PM
nmsufootball Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Yep the game in Hawaii should be a good one. I just hope NMSU don't come out, and play like they did in the second half against Nevada. If we play like we did against Utah State last night, then I think we can beat anybody.
02-13-2006 12:14 AM
erdaaggie Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USU
BarkBoard Wrote:were touting how they would win the WAC and dominate the conference. (since their fans are die-hard BB fans)

All right who said that USU would dominate the conference. I (speaking only for myself) said we would compete in the conference. And I would say that we are doing that.

Here is a thread that said the same thing.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/wac/phpbb/...php?t=1189

If there was someone that said we would dominate the conference, please let me know. Because they are stupid. 03-melodramatic
02-13-2006 12:18 AM
Advertisement

wolf pack 1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I thought Utah St and NMSU would really help the WAC for basketball because NMSU was always tough in the Big West and I will still stand by saying going to Sun Belt might have caused damage to all the sports for NMSU.

Thank goodness both teams are showing what I thought at the beginning of the season but for me NMSU isn't the surprise team because I expected them to compete for the WAC but LT is my surprise team.
02-13-2006 01:47 AM
jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:

No matter how you look at it, Nevada has found their footing at home so the tourney is theirs to lose.

Here's how I see the tourney playing out:

1. Nevada - PLaying tough now...and the tourney is in Reno.
2. La. Tech - Millsap is a MAN among boys.
3. NMSU - Beat USU twice so it's hard to place USU before NMSU.
4. USU - Can still win it all if hitting on all cylindars.
5. Hawaii - No bench...no WAC Championship.
6. BSU - Good shooters, but not enough low post presence.
7. SJSU - Building.
8. Idaho - Building.
02-13-2006 05:32 AM
gaard Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Slapdad Wrote:That's okay, because BSU fans haven't let anyone forget about how the Broncos have walked on water and cured the blind the past few seasons.

And I think we're making progress here....we've moved from "Wolfpack" to "Wolf-Pack"....now if we can lose the hyphen and keep the space, we'll be good to go!

We run on water, not walk. We have no blind to cure here in the "Promised Land".

My apologies for adding a hyphen to Wolf Pack, I will try not to do it again.
02-13-2006 09:29 AM
nmsufootball Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Yep going into the Sunbelt killed both Aggie football, and Aggie basketball. But Mumme will get the job done for the football team, it will take a few years.
02-13-2006 08:41 PM
aggiefansince83 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NMSU Aggies

Yeah the WAC is much better than the Sun Belt as far as exposure and I think it did hurt NMSU recruiting. In the WAC many games are on TV. If not on an ESPN network then it is on Sportswest or some other regional or local tv channel. If it is not on TV then you can still see it on the internet.

I consider myself a pretty informed fan about college sports and even I really have no clue how the Sun Belt schools are doing this year. If I don't know how the Sun Belt teams are doing then chances are the average high school recruit doesn't have a clue either.

Glad to be in the WAC.
02-13-2006 08:54 PM
Advertisement

wolfin1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Nevada

aggiefansince83 Wrote:Yeah the WAC is much better than the Sun Belt as far as exposure and I think it did hurt NMSU recruiting. In the WAC many games are on TV. If not on an ESPN network then it is on Sportswest or some other regional or local tv channel. If it is not on TV then you can still see it on the internet.

I consider myself a pretty informed fan about college sports and even I really have no clue how the Sun Belt schools are doing this year. If I don't know how the Sun Belt teams are doing then chances are the average high school recruit doesn't have a clue either.

Glad to be in the WAC.

Glad to have you. Its much better having Utah St., NMSU, and (even) Idaho in the conference. I don't miss Tulsa and SMU at all. I do miss the UTEP fans because they kept things 'interesting'.
02-13-2006 09:08 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

wolfin1 Wrote:
aggiefansince83 Wrote:Yeah the WAC is much better than the Sun Belt as far as exposure and I think it did hurt NMSU recruiting. In the WAC many games are on TV. If not on an ESPN network then it is on Sportswest or some other regional or local tv channel. If it is not on TV then you can still see it on the internet.

Glad to be in the WAC.

Glad to have you. Its much better having Utah St., NMSU, and (even) Idaho in the conference. I don't miss Tulsa and SMU at all. I do miss the UTEP fans because they kept things 'interesting'.

I miss the Miner fans too and also the Tulsa group. Tulsa has some great fans, but they just so far away.

Maybe someday, UTEP can be part of a regional conference with the rest of us......
02-14-2006 02:59 PM
StanfordAggie Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
BarkBoard Wrote:were touting how they would win the WAC and dominate the conference. (since their fans are die-hard BB fans)

I told them it wouldn't be that easy.

I still say La-Tech wins it all.

Nevada wins the tourny.

NMSU is the suprise team of the year!

Interesting that at the beginning of the year, Fresno State fans were talking about how they would win the WAC and dominate the conference in football. In fact, many of them went so far to say that Fresno State needed to bolt for the MWC because there were no good teams in the WAC and playing in the WAC would kill their BCS chances...

At least we're currently doing better than 4th place in the WAC...

(By the way, can you show me where any USU fan claimed that we would dominate the WAC? Every USU fan that I can recall picked Nevada to win the WAC this year.)
02-14-2006 05:39 PM
DnvrAg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
LOL
Ouch ... That's gotta sting...

Quote:Interesting that at the beginning of the year, Fresno State fans were talking about how they would win the WAC and dominate the conference in football. In fact, many of them went so far to say that Fresno State needed to bolt for the MWC because there were no good teams in the WAC and playing in the WAC would kill their BCS chances...
02-14-2006 06:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.