Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do You Tailgate???
Bookmark and Share
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

Just wondering if other posters do the full blown tailgate thing!
I have been Tailgating in the BRonco Stadium Parking lot for over 20 years. Since 1997, I have tailgated with other Bronco Posters. Most of My Tailgate buddies found each other over the internet at Bronco sports message boards.

How long do you tailgate before the game starts? Is it a big production?
What is the most exotic food that you have had at your tailgate.

We like to start about 6 hours prior to Kickoff. Usually have between 100 and 150 attendees.
We have deep fried turkeys, but most of the time it is Chorizos, Brats and Burgers.

You can click on the Tailgate linke below to learn more about Bronco Tailgating.
08-03-2004 08:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FOOTBALLFANATIC Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

broncobob Wrote:Just wondering if other posters do the full blown tailgate thing!
I have been Tailgating in the BRonco Stadium Parking lot for over 20 years. Since 1997, I have tailgated with other Bronco Posters. Most of My Tailgate buddies found each other over the internet at Bronco sports message boards.

We like to start about 6 hours prior to Kickoff. Usually have between 100 and 150 attendees.
We have deep fried turkeys, but most of the time it is Chorizos, Brats and Burgers.

You can click on the Tailgate linke below to learn more about Bronco Tailgating.
Do I Tailgate???

We park our rig in our spot the day before and get the canopy up.
Morning of the game is sausage, eggs, hashbrowns and champagne and OJ!
Pregame Meal: Lots of BBQ Beef with secret BBQ sauce second to none.
We have a keg of beer on ice and often run out prior to the game and are forced to switch
to the cans. Our Tailgate party starts at 7 in the morning even for night games.

Don't have no fancy websites for our tailgate, but we been doing it for over 40 years and we are in the third generation of tailgating in our family.

We feed anyone wearing the school colors!!!!!

Tailgate, Hell Yes We Tailgate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08-03-2004 01:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Southern Miss Alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

We have about 60-70 in our crew, plus who knows how many walk-ups.

[Image: 92752045AEbjUw_ph.jpg]

[Image: 97084066HdGcOo_ph.jpg]

[Image: 97085048ZluUoq_ph.jpg]

[Image: 97760395hdjrIN_ph.jpg]

[Image: 101174327oqLBkE_ph.jpg]
08-03-2004 02:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1st String

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Well, the pictures didn't post, and it won't let me edit, for some reason.

<a href='http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=92751538' target='_blank'>Southern Miss</a>
08-03-2004 02:07 PM
XLGPP Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Our group isnt real consistant but we have thrown some good ones..

One time we hired a DJ with full booth and loaded a hot tub on a flat-bed... we must have had 2000 students partying with us... and I cant even begin to tell you about all the hotties lined up to get in the tub....... and the things they were doing 05-nono
08-03-2004 02:31 PM
Advertisement

broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

Well, I can see your pictures and they are awesome! We have a ways to go till we catch up with you guys! Nice BBQ unit!!! I also like the Canopy with the school colors and logos!!!!

How many hours do you tailgate before the kickoff. Do you tailgate at halftime and after the game?????
08-03-2004 04:59 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

How many can you fit in the hot tub!

Consistancy is the key! Tailgate in the same spot for every game! Build a reputation!!!!!
08-03-2004 05:11 PM
XLGPP Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

We had a 10 person hot tub (hot springs grande), but at one point I think there was 14-15 girls in there frolicking around :bluethumb: .

problem with consistancy is I work on Saturdays and can only manage to get off once or twice a year early enough to tailgate... that and my friends always have differnt things going on.

If......no, when I can make a career and be able to have the flexibility to come and go as I want (be my own boss) then I will start a new tradition.
08-03-2004 05:20 PM
1st String

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Quote: Well, I can see your pictures and they are awesome! We have a ways to go till we catch up with you guys! Nice BBQ unit!!! I also like the Canopy with the school colors and logos!!!!

How many hours do you tailgate before the kickoff. Do you tailgate at halftime and after the game?????

It depends on the kickoff time. For instance, for a 2:00 p.m. Saturday kickoff, we'll get there about 6 or 7 a.m. We'll usually break down about 10 or 11 p.m. (and we're usually the old farts that leave early!). For a 6 p.m. Saturday kickoff, we'll wait until late - getting there about 9 a.m. For the Thursday ESPN games, getting off work can make things tougher, so we'll get there about 11 a.m. We'll break down to head home anywhere between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. (We'll still be the old farts leaving early, even then).

It ain't worth leaving the stadium and setting up for halftime, so we wait until after our game to celebrate our win!

We love to invite fans of the visiting teams to join us; to me, that's what college football is all about. As one Oklahoma State fan told me a couple of years ago when they played at The Rock, "So, basically y'all just tailgate all damn day and take a break in the middle for football." I thought that summed things up well.
08-03-2004 06:19 PM
Advertisement

broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

Good luck on the new job/career!

At my workplace, they know that some of my personal leave days will be used for football!
I like to make one or two away games every year and if the game falls on friday, I will not be at work that Friday.

Nice to have a little flexibility with my personal leave days!!!!!

When Utah State joins the WAC, that will give me one more game within easy driving distance, so I will be there!!!!!
08-03-2004 06:20 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

Southern Miss Alum Wrote:
Quote: Well, I can see your pictures and they are awesome! We have a ways to go till we catch up with you guys! Nice BBQ unit!!! I also like the Canopy with the school colors and logos!!!!

It depends on the kickoff time. For instance, for a 2:00 p.m. Saturday kickoff, we'll get there about 6 or 7 a.m. We'll usually break down about 10 or 11 p.m. (and we're usually the old farts that leave early!). For a 6 p.m. Saturday kickoff, we'll wait until late - getting there about 9 a.m. For the Thursday ESPN games, getting off work can make things tougher, so we'll get there about 11 a.m. We'll break down to head home anywhere between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. (We'll still be the old farts leaving early, even then).

It ain't worth leaving the stadium and setting up for halftime, so we wait until after our game to celebrate our win!

We love to invite fans of the visiting teams to join us; to me, that's what college football is all about. As one Oklahoma State fan told me a couple of years ago when they played at The Rock, "So, basically y'all just tailgate all damn day and take a break in the middle for football." I thought that summed things up well.
So, basically y'all just tailgate all damn day and take a break in the middle for football."

Yes, that would be us too! Problem for us is that we have about 10% of our group that will tailgate all day with 60% showing up just a couple of hours prior to KO!!!

I sure wish we could get more of the all day tailgate fans!!!!!!!
08-03-2004 06:24 PM
1st String

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Here are some comments I found online from some Nebraska fans who came to Southern Miss for last year's game:

I feel very privileged to have been able to attend the NU/USM game last Thursday night. Coming over from Tampa Bay I was warned ahead of time that I'd be treated well, but I had no idea it would be so great!

I lost track of the number of people who said "Thanks for coming to Hattiesburg" to our group. We were offered food, drink, and friendly conversation.

We tailgated beginning at 1:00 at the home of a family friend who attends USM, then outside the stadium from 3:30 until kickoff and after the game for a couple of hours before heading to the End Zone and closing it down. Not once in those thirteen hours did I feel uncomfortable or receive any negativity from the USM faithful. Then I went to New Orleans Friday night and again ran into USM fans who offered to buy me a beer! I hope this is how fans feel when they visit Lincoln to play NU.

Again, thanks for the great time. I wish we played you guys every other year so I could come back in '05!

Go Big Red and Go Gold (my new second favorite team)!

-------------

I spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning in Hattiesburg this past week with five other guys from Nebraska. Over the past two years, I saw the Huskers play at Penn St and Notre Dame. We've been to a pair of Big XII championship games and numerous bowl games. I want to tell you that our trip to Hattiesburg topped ALL the others. The game may not have been the best, but your hospitality certainly was. I'm amazed how nice people were to us. I wish you all were in the Big XII so we could return. I even bought my kids Southern Miss shirts (I had never bought the oppositions 'stuff' before). Good luck on the rest of your and try to come up here for the game in Lincoln. We'll return the favor. I'm also a Southern Miss fan, now. And also, congratulations on finding a QB.

Your women are beautiful, too.

-------------------

My experience nearly mirrors my fellow Huskers'. However, we didn't get to stay in Mississippi as long as him. My friends and I were literally blown away by the hospitality demonstrated by the USM fans. Coming off of trips to Michigan State, Notre Dame (good fans), and Penn State (only Colorado could be worse) this was the best experience I have ever had at a game. My wife and I will take a vacation to Mississippi. She has to experience the beauty and friendliness first hand.

My 2 year old daughter wore a "Southern Miss Girl" shirt to church tonight while I sported a "Southern Miss" sweatshirt.

I now have a clear second favorite team.

Go Huskers!!!! Go Eagles!!!!!

---------------

Nebraska fans said USM tailgating best they had ever seen. A group of Nebraska fans strolling through the tailgating between stadium and Hwy 49 said they had never seen tailgating that compared to ours. There were hundreds of canopies in that area jammed together like peas in a pod. They had strolled around all day observing most of the campus and said the tailgating and mood was everywhere. Main compliment was compactness, size, atmosphere, and mostly the generosity of the USM fans in making them feel welcome and offering food and beverages to their liking. One Nebraska fan, said he thought he had seen everything until a whole roasted hog was uncovered on a table right behind him. Seems they are in more scattered groups at their place and concentrate more on just chips & dips rather than pigging out like here.
08-03-2004 06:25 PM
Bronco4Life Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Are you talking about me again Bob? Yeah, I know. I need to start getting myself in that other group. The “all day tailgater
08-03-2004 07:00 PM
Advertisement

TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Do we tailgate? What kind of question is that? We tailgate a lot and now we have a new and improved website, though the pictures are almost all (currently) in an online album of mine. We start a few hours before the game and do our tailgate at a house across from the stadium (better bathrooms, electric, covered driveway). We have a theme for each game and always post on the visitors board in advance that any of them who are around are more than welcome to come visit us. The only fans that showed up last season were the LaTech fans. They were awesome. We recently had a pre-two-a-day tailgate (also a going away tailgate for me and my husband) and one of the coaches came (Graham for those of you who know our staff) with his wife! The next tailgate will be the for the blue-gold scrimmage. Our group grows through the season, but we usually start with about 30 people or so and it grows to 80 or so depending on the game and weather. Former players stop by often, and we have t-shirts and an awesome banner (banner courtesy of a Boise fan actually-- thanks to bluka).

<a href='http://www.tulsagoldenhurricane.com/tutg.html' target='_blank'>Tulsa tailgate</a>
08-03-2004 08:39 PM
FOOTBALLFANATIC Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Cool Websites!

I need to tailgate more!!!!
I am hungry, no thirsty,,,,, hungry and thirsty. How many day till the tailgate?????
08-03-2004 09:34 PM
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

FOOTBALLFANATIC Wrote:I am hungry, no thirsty,,,,, hungry and thirsty. How many day till the tailgate?????
Well-- our first one was last week and the next will be on the 21st of August. 03-wink
08-03-2004 09:44 PM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU

We are professional tailgaters at Clemson. We tailgate on signing day (although the past two have been moved indoors due to to weather), spring practice (note practice, the Spring Game is a given) and at least once during two a days (we tell the players 'If ya'll are getting in game shape then so are we' :laugh: )

We've done everything from BBQ chicken to Beaufort Stew (Shrimp, Summer Sausage, Taters, Corn on the Cob boiled with Shrimp Boil) from burgers to steak. Anything you can throw on the grill we can cook. I'm gonna miss this year's "Practice-gate" because of a wedding (that's what I get for having friends who pull for South Carowhina) so I reckon I'll have to make it up this fall. Or maybe one Friday Night during High School ball. :laugh:
08-04-2004 07:27 AM
Advertisement

broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

catdaddy_2402 Wrote:We are professional tailgaters at Clemson. We tailgate on signing day (although the past two have been moved indoors due to to weather), spring practice (note practice, the Spring Game is a given) and at least once during two a days (we tell the players 'If ya'll are getting in game shape then so are we' :laugh: )

We've done everything from BBQ chicken to Beaufort Stew (Shrimp, Summer Sausage, Taters, Corn on the Cob boiled with Shrimp Boil) from burgers to steak. Anything you can throw on the grill we can cook. I'm gonna miss this year's "Practice-gate" because of a wedding (that's what I get for having friends who pull for South Carowhina) so I reckon I'll have to make it up this fall. Or maybe one Friday Night during High School ball. :laugh:
I love Die Hard Tailgaters!

In Boise We Tailgate for the Spring Game.
We Tailgate indoors for LOI day.
We Tailgate for the final scrimmage prior to the first game in the Fall!
We Start our Tailgates 6 to 10 hours prior to the Kick Offs!
Tailgates get bigger and better every year, but we have a long way to go till
we get to the level of Southern Tailgating!!!!

We strive to have Tailgates like Clemson and Southern Miss!!

We have Tailgated with Clemson fans in Boise for the H Bowl! Clemson fans loved the snowball fights. I guess they don't get a lot of those down in SC!
08-04-2004 08:32 AM
SportsDawg Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

broncobob Wrote:Just wondering if other posters do the full blown tailgate thing!

You left off one critical question!
How many Tailgaters get so blitzed that they miss all or part of the game?
Do you get to your seat before the Kickoff after Tailgating for 8 hours?
08-04-2004 09:23 AM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

SportsDawg Wrote:
I have been Tailgating in the BRonco Stadium Parking lot for over 20 years.&nbsp; Since 1997, I have tailgated with other Bronco Posters.&nbsp; Most of My Tailgate buddies found each other over the internet at Bronco sports message boards.

How long do you tailgate before the game starts?&nbsp; Is it a big production?

We like to start about 6 hours prior to Kickoff.&nbsp; Usually have between 100 and 150 attendees.

You left off one critical question!
How many Tailgaters get so blitzed that they miss all or part of the game?
Do you get to your seat before the Kickoff after Tailgating for 8 hours?
Well, I have seen a few that don't make it back for the second half, but most make it to the Kickoff. Most Tailgaters have the game itself as the number one priority!!!!

I never miss kick offs and I usually stay all the way to the very end to see the teams shake hands. Some folks are in a hurry to try to beat the traffic home, but tailgaters continue to tailgate until all the traffic is gone.

Tailgating in Boise has come a long way. Our group are not the only Tailgaters 8 hours prior to the game anymore!
08-04-2004 01:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.