Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Wake
nolejc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Is Wake
the suprise team in the ACC in 06. Look at there first 5 games they should win them and the last 7 are not unbeatable 6-8 wins for WF next year. Your thoughts???

09/02/06 Sat Syracuse Winston-Salem, N.C. ESPN360 6:30 PM
09/09/06 Sat Duke Winston-Salem, N.C. LFS/Raycom 12:00 PM
09/16/06 Sat Connecticut East Hartford, Conn. ESPN360 12:00 PM
09/23/06 Sat Mississippi Oxford, Miss. TBA TBA
09/30/06 Sat Liberty Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA TBA
10/07/06 Sat Clemson Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA TBA
10/14/06 Sat NC State Raleigh, N.C. TBA TBA
10/28/06 Sat North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. TBA TBA
11/04/06 Sat Boston College Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA TBA
11/11/06 Sat Florida State Tallahassee, Fla. TBA TBA
11/18/06 Sat Virginia Tech Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA TBA
11/25/06 Sat Maryland College Park, Md. TBA TB
07-03-2006 05:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lucy
Unregistered

We just might surprise a team or two
I'd like to think 6 wins, and hope for more.

Of the first 5, I think we stand a good chance of going 4-1, if we can perform well against Sorrycuse. I actually think we can beat them in Winston, but losing a close one never bodes well for us. If we're gonna lose to them, lose big, so the guys can regroup & move onward & not wonder "what if" on a play here & there.

Duke should be a win (as usual) and even though we play UConn up there, I believe we have a stronger team. We'll see. Ole Miss will be the pivotal game. In Oxford will not be easy, even if the Rebels are having a down year. I'm hoping to be at The Grove, so it would be sweet to see a road win with my parents...at their alma mater. Liberty is Homecoming, and for once, we have a H'coming game that should be a win. :)

Then to the rest of the ACC...we've seemed to have Clemson's number the past few years and in Winston? I feel positive about this one. I would so love to beat the Wuffies in Raleigh, especially since I'll be there...and my record attending games at C-F is 2-0 for the team I've rooted for against the Wuffies (I was at the Maryland games in 2001 & 2003 - both wins for the Terps), so I'm crossing my fingers. FWIW, I was at the State spring game, and Marcus Stone still doesn't impress me. Carolina in Chapel Hill? I'm not holding my breath this year. I'm figuring a loss there. Boston College is in Winston - this one could go either way. Wake did rather well against the Eagles in Boston last year, so we'll see whether that was just a fluke. 03-wink FSU & VT will be losses...'nuff said. And Maryland...we just don't ever do well against the Terps. Even in Winston last year, in front of a H'coming crowd, we were lackluster. Give it to the Terps.

In summary:

Syracuse - W
Duke - W
UConn - W/L
Ole Miss - W/L
Liberty - W
Clemson - W
NC State - W/L
UNC - L
BC - W/L
FSU - L
VT - L
MD - L

Best case on Lucy's gut: 8-4
Worst case on Lucy's gut: 4-8
07-15-2006 01:11 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.