Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Be ready of onslaught
Bookmark and Share
EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ
Be ready of onslaught
EMU is about to get hit with news coverage all over the news about the "cover-up". ABC, FOX, CNN, are talking about the story and have invited the Dickenson family on all of the shows.
06-20-2007 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Marcus13 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Be ready of onslaught
Wait, whats going on??
06-20-2007 01:06 PM
EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

The murder "cover-up" story went nationwide. All of the major new outlets picked up on the story and are now asking the Dickinson family to come on all of the news talk shows.
06-20-2007 02:09 PM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
The lynch mob mentality of the media is at it again.

In my opinion the Ann Arbor News way over publicized this story a few weeks ago. They ran front page stories 4 straight days! It's almost as if the media is blaming the murder on EMU instead of the true killer. While the actions of EMU's Administrators may have misled the EMU community they did not interfere with the investigation nor the arrest of the suspect.

I'm not excusing EMU for their actions, I'm just saying that the media is making more to this story than is actually there.
06-20-2007 02:55 PM
Marcus13 Offline
Bench Warmer

Ohh- Im not really in the local region so I haven't heard much about it, but I know a girl that is going to EMU with me next year that I went to school with called me and was like "A girl got killed at EMU last year???" panicked as hell
06-20-2007 09:05 PM
Advertisement

DexterEagle Away
1st String

I Root For: EMU, MSU, SVSU,
Marcus13 Wrote:Ohh- Im not really in the local region so I haven't heard much about it, but I know a girl that is going to EMU with me next year that I went to school with called me and was like "A girl got killed at EMU last year???" panicked as hell

That's a real naive attitude and she better smarten up before attending any college. In the 70s John Norman Collins was a serial killer who killed EMU and UM students. My girlfriend was attending summer school at EMU that year and it was a very tense situation. Around the same time there was a serial killer in the Lansing area who, when apprehended, admitted to killing one woman in the parking lot of Spartan Stadium. I know of a serial rapist who terrorized the coeds at Purdue in the late 70s when I attended summer school there.

The moral is, campuses are not safer than the world outside of them. If she expects that evil and danger stop at the campus gates she should stay home and go to the University of Phoenix.
06-20-2007 09:33 PM
Marcus13 Offline
Bench Warmer

Thats basically the same speech I gave her. We currently live in South Bend, IN (Home of Notre Dame) its not like this is a super-safe neighborhood. Going to EMU certainly isnt going to be any worse than where we're at now
06-20-2007 09:51 PM
Advertisement

DexterEagle Away
1st String

MSNBC is hammering the U this AM. The two pseudo-journalists on this morning's news express shock on cue at half-hour intervals. Bad theatre, worse journalism.
06-21-2007 09:46 AM
EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

You girlfriend was there during the Michigan Murders? That book was excellent and chilling to hear about what he did to all of those girls. He was a member of Theta Chi, before they disbanded in 1998.
06-21-2007 10:33 AM
Advertisement

DexterEagle Away
1st String

EMUTRACK1574 Wrote:You girlfriend was there during the Michigan Murders? That book was excellent and chilling to hear about what he did to all of those girls. He was a member of Theta Chi, before they disbanded in 1998.

Yes, the girlfriend I had at the time was in summer school at EMU at that time. It was a truly spooky and tension-filled time in Ypsilanti. Everyone was afraid for their female loved ones. As tragic as the recent murder on campus is, the effect on the community is nothing like the atmosphere in AA/Ypsi back then.
06-21-2007 12:11 PM
DexterEagle Away
1st String

Marcus13 Wrote:Thats basically the same speech I gave her. We currently live in South Bend, IN (Home of Notre Dame) its not like this is a super-safe neighborhood. Going to EMU certainly isnt going to be any worse than where we're at now

Glad to hear you are taking care of business. 03-2thumbsup
06-21-2007 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.