Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Has anyone ever had Carpel Tunnel Surgery?
Bookmark and Share
2metiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of M Tigers
Has anyone ever had Carpel Tunnel Surgery?
Well, since my right hand is numb and I do graphic design work, I guess it's time that I have the surgery. 03-weeping

My Dr. at Semmes Murphy said that the stitches wouldn't be removed for 2 weeks. Other than that, I don't know what else to expect. Does anyone have any insight?
07-18-2006 07:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerTitan Offline
Ginourmous Fan

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

DonatorsDonators

I suffer from the same problem in my right wrist and have lived with it for about 15 years. I wear a a brace on it every night to bed since that is when it hurts the most.

I am in the health insurance business and have taken thousands of health applications from people in the last 20 years. My informal survey revealed to me that only about half of carpal tunnel surgeries really ever correct the problem. I mean you need to go in with the understanding that the surgery may not cure your numbness and pain.

One of my good friends, who is also a graphic designer, had both wrists operated on ten years ago and STILL has numbness in both. He is not convinced that any more surgery will help him. He just deals with it and wears a brace every day of the week. He mostly uses a PC for his work today compared to air brushes and pens, etc. that he once used.

Good luck, whatever you end up doing.
07-18-2006 08:05 AM
Advertisement

TigerChick Offline
All American

I Root For:

Check your pm
07-18-2006 08:31 AM
touchdown Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Re: Has anyone ever had Carpel Tunnel Surgery?
2metiger Wrote:Well, since my right hand is numb and I do graphic design work, I guess it's time that I have the surgery. 03-weeping

My Dr. at Semmes Murphy said that the stitches wouldn't be removed for 2 weeks. Other than that, I don't know what else to expect. Does anyone have any insight?

Don't suffer from it but this guy helped eliminate back and knee pain for me.
http://www.mattfurey.com/carpal_tunnel_pain_fix.html
07-18-2006 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.