Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Ole Miss
Bookmark and Share
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

I see Drealius and Bourbon Reb lurking. Drealieus is typically informative and polite. Bourbon Reb, on the other hand, is a troll who posts terrible things about Memphis fans on the Rebels board.
10-18-2005 01:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bourbonreb Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I'll post terrible things about Memphis fans when they post terrible things about Ole Miss. Besides, I mainly come here to discuss the city in the non-sports posts. There is no other good message board about the city.
10-19-2005 06:22 PM
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Ok, Ole Miss sucks! :laugh:
10-19-2005 06:41 PM
kpigout Offline
cyber-bbq king

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Crappies

bourbonreb Wrote:I'll post terrible things about Memphis fans when they post terrible things about Ole Miss.  Besides, I mainly come here to discuss the city in the non-sports posts.  There is no other good message board about the city.
I bourbonreb...I made you an avatar to use while hangin' with us here so that all can easily identify you...

[Image: elimanning7be.jpg]
10-19-2005 08:12 PM
Volunteer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tennessee

cmt Wrote:Ok, Ole Miss sucks! :laugh:
i concur. :rofl:
10-19-2005 08:19 PM
ifiwereatigerfanidhateust Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Volunqueer,

I am glad you are so obsessed with us. If we suck so bad, then why do you keep talking about us. If I were you, Id be focusing on more important matters, LIKE NOTRE DAME AND BAMA!
10-19-2005 09:22 PM
Advertisement

cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

ifiwereatigerfanidhateustoo Wrote:Volunqueer,

I am glad you are so obsessed with us. If we suck so bad, then why do you keep talking about us. If I were you, Id be focusing on more important matters, LIKE NOTRE DAME AND BAMA!
Yes, both those teams ARE far more important than Ole Miss, :laugh:

Dumass,

Ole Miss SUCKS!
10-19-2005 09:36 PM
UTVOLS Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Ole Miss needs to be worried about having a winning season.

Still the doormat of the SEC.
10-19-2005 09:50 PM
uofmwalton Offline
Legen.....wait for it......dary.

I Root For: Memphis

Folding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs

Can someone please move the smack by the obcessed UT and Miss fans to the correct board, please?
10-19-2005 09:51 PM
BrianJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Predictions:

Tennessee will beat Alabama
Ole Miss and Kentucky will be one U-G-L-Y game.
10-19-2005 09:57 PM
ifiwereatigerfanidhateust Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I'm sorry you feel that way. Hope you're not a handicapper. If so, you need to get a new career.
10-19-2005 11:27 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

i actually took the rebs and the points against bama.....prothro hurt, lack of motivation for playing a team that has a coach with a french name, and the fact bama was looking forward to the tennessee game.

:chair:
10-20-2005 12:20 AM
oxfordtiger Offline
Special Teams

Maybe the Mississippi fans can shed some light on this subject. What is the deal with you guys starting up cheers when an opposing player is lying on the ground with an injury? It happened with Patrick Byrne in the first game. I know, I know. It didn't happen in the way I was thinking, but it did happen, nonetheless. This past Saturday, my girlfriend (Alabama '04) and I attended the Alabama-Mississippi game, and the student section started up "Hotty Toddy" while Alabama receiver D. J. Hall was lying on the ground with a rib injury. Is it a TOTAL lack of class, or is it just completely self-absorbed behavior? Or something else? Just wondering.
10-20-2005 09:06 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

bourbonreb Wrote:I'll post terrible things about Memphis fans when they post terrible things about Ole Miss.
We both know that's not true.
10-20-2005 09:21 AM
Volunteer Offline
Special Teams

ifiwereatigerfanidhateustoo Wrote:Volunqueer,

I agreed with what someone said, how is that being obsessed with ole piss?
Ole miss is everyones biotch.
10-20-2005 10:52 AM
bmglennreb Offline
1st String

I Root For:

oxfordtiger Wrote:Maybe the Mississippi fans can shed some light on this subject. What is the deal with you guys starting up cheers when an opposing player is lying on the ground with an injury? It happened with Patrick Byrne in the first game. I know, I know. It didn't happen in the way I was thinking, but it did happen, nonetheless. This past Saturday, my girlfriend (Alabama '04) and I attended the Alabama-Mississippi game, and the student section started up "Hotty Toddy" while Alabama receiver D. J. Hall was lying on the ground with a rib injury. Is it a TOTAL lack of class, or is it just completely self-absorbed behavior? Or something else? Just wondering.
I can't believe this stuff is still being rehashed. I was at both games. Both plays where these players were injured were crucial third down plays. The Memphis game it was the first drive of the game. The Alabama game, the pass was dropped at about the 5 yard line forcing a field goal attempt. I seriously doubt anyone was actually cheering the injuries. The Hotty Toddys were for the defensive stops, no more, no less. Quit trying to make something of it.
10-26-2005 09:46 AM
Advertisement

oxfordtiger Offline
Special Teams

No sir, I was at the Alabama game as well. Hall was on the ground for at least 5 minutes when the students started up the Hotty Toddy. Why would you even start up a cheer when a player is on the ground? What if would have been Mico McSwain? Would I have heard a Hotty Toddy? Maybe, but either way, it shows how truly classless Mississippi fans can be.
10-27-2005 11:59 PM
Volunteer Offline
Special Teams

oxfordtiger Wrote:No sir, I was at the Alabama game as well. Hall was on the ground for at least 5 minutes when the students started up the Hotty Toddy. Why would you even start up a cheer when a player is on the ground? What if would have been Mico McSwain? Would I have heard a Hotty Toddy? Maybe, but either way, it shows how truly classless Mississippi fans can be.
that wasnt the case at the memphis game. I was there for that one. they did the chant pretty quick as the return team was running onto the field.
10-28-2005 09:21 AM
oxfordtiger Offline
Special Teams

I know the circumstances surrounding what Mississippi fans did at Memphis, but this kid was on the ground for a while, and instead of sitting there waiting for him to get up, they chose to kick him while he was down and do their cheer. Pathetic.
10-28-2005 10:34 AM
bmglennreb Offline
1st String

I Root For:

oxfordtiger Wrote:I know the circumstances surrounding what Mississippi fans did at Memphis, but this kid was on the ground for a while, and instead of sitting there waiting for him to get up, they chose to kick him while he was down and do their cheer. Pathetic.
You're grasping at straws here. I honestly don't remember the cheers going on, but if you say so, then maybe it did. In any case, I doubt anyone was cheering because the player was injured. No one in their right mind does that. We may have some fans that would do that, but the vast majority are pretty classy fans.

That being said, I'm sure that NO Tiger fans would EVER be low class enough to do something like that. I mean come on, every school has those select few that you wish you could get rid of. Don't act like somehow all Memphis fans are above all Ole Miss fans.

You have your share who do similar things. In fact, for example, in '03 at the Liberty Bowl after the game, a Memphis fan made fun of my 12 year old cousin for his haircut. Pretty low class if you ask me, taking a shot at a kid, especially in his most insecure years, but I'm not naive enough to think that ALL Memphis fans are like that.

All that being said, it's typically the students that are most likely to do things that are immature and classless. Everyone has those, and I don't think they are particularly different at any single school.
10-28-2005 04:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.